• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] Type 6w7 vs. 7w6 concrete differences.

What core type do you think I am?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 42.9%

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
6w7s can be externally happy, but tend to sabote their success, acting more easily when circumstances seem clearly against them.
7w6s can be externally insecures and moody, but they rush after success which doesn't cost too much efforts.

I can self-sabotage.

Have you created more than one of these threads? Because I feel like I've responded to you about this before but I'm not seeing my response here.
Ahhh...okay...so anyway fwiw Great One...I think you are an ENTP and an e7.

I've read bits and pieces all over the internet with regards to wings...and it appears that your wing can become 'exaggerated' after experiencing trauma or depression, etc. and I believe this may be what has happened to you. At least this is what happened to me. I had learned about enneagram after having experienced way too many back-to-back traumatic life experiences that I subsequently believed I was a CP 6w7 instead of a 7w6. And it took some time too... I needed to get some distance between me and the depression in order to see that e6 really wasn't who I was...who I truly was at my core (who I had been prior to my bad state). In other words my 6 wing was over-expressing itself during a period of major stress. Again...this is just my opinion of what I believe is going on with you. It is my opinion that you operate more like an e7. You seem more like an e7...at least on the internet...at your core.

Yeah, I thought about that. Maybe I should try to get healthier before I try to type myself with the enneagram.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you created more than one of these threads? Because I feel like I've responded to you about this before but I'm not seeing my response here.
Ahhh...okay...so anyway fwiw Great One...I think you are an ENTP and an e7.

I've read bits and pieces all over the internet with regards to wings...and it appears that your wing can become 'exaggerated' after experiencing trauma or depression, etc. and I believe this may be what has happened to you. At least this is what happened to me. I had learned about enneagram after having experienced way too many back-to-back traumatic life experiences that I subsequently believed I was a CP 6w7 instead of a 7w6. And it took some time too... I needed to get some distance between me and the depression in order to see that e6 really wasn't who I was...who I truly was at my core (who I had been prior to my bad state). In other words my 6 wing was over-expressing itself during a period of major stress. Again...this is just my opinion of what I believe is going on with you. It is my opinion that you operate more like an e7. You seem more like an e7...at least on the internet...at your core.

Oh wow we are so much alike starry! I totally think this is true for me too!

Impact Calculus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Your wing only influences how you deal with the fears and defense mechanisms of your main type. This is also only in the form of an added bent.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
6w7s are awesome in an awkward sort of way. I just want to be nice to them. 7w6s *seem* more confident and I don't feel such an inclination to be nice. Actually they can be quite rude. Like if a 6w7 was rude, I kinda give them the benefit of the doubt, but when a 7w6 is rude I don't so much. That's about as concrete as I can get.

Hyacinth

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sixes tend to be checked by their superego, so that's one way. Sixes will generally be more concerned with their systems of right and wrong than a Seven would.

Phoenix_Rebirth

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
6w7 wants to fit in to be cool;
7w6 wants to be cool to fit in. :cool:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Omg that makes no sense!!

And...I don't care about fitting in.

But naturally very cool yes :cool:

Phoenix_Rebirth

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Omg that makes no sense!!

And...I don't care about fitting in.

But naturally very cool yes :cool:

6w7 wants to be accepted and liked... After conquering safety, the wing 7 would make them more outgoing, fun-looking ...
7w6 naturally want to be 'the cool guy' but it's the w6 that provides the desire to be liked.

Yache? :devil:

Starry

6w7 wants to be accepted and liked... After conquering safety, the wing 7 would make them more outgoing, fun-looking ...
7w6 naturally want to be 'the cool guy' but it's the w6 that provides the desire to be liked.

Yache? :devil:

I'm almost wondering if you are speaking from a 6ish, possibly phobic/phobic wing (idk with 'cool' being brought into the mix) , Fe-ish, social variant 1st *place* because, like Lady X, I don't relate to those (supposedly natural?) 7w6 'wants' - at all really and never have.

Phoenix_Rebirth

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm almost wondering if you are speaking from a 6ish, possibly phobic/phobic wing (idk with 'cool' being brought into the mix) , Fe-ish, social variant 1st *place* because, like Lady X, I don't relate to those (supposedly natural?) 7w6 'wants' - at all really and never have.

Ok, take a look here:

Starry

Ok, take a look here:

Thanks for providing this link. Yah see...how do I even say...
Those descriptions that Fauvre puts forth... I mean, he's giving a very dilute generalization of the phobic social 6...and social 7 with a phobic 6 wing. And while his 6 description may be able to 'cover' a few of the 6 sp/sos...it wouldn't describe 6 sp/sxs very well as they tend to have 'episodes' (here and there) of counterphobia (take stands against things that often single them out)...and it certainly wouldn't describe the counterphobic sexual 6s or subsequently the sexual 7s (<--- many, although not all, of these guys actually take pride in NOT fitting-in).

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Agreed miss starry...

I honestly can't remember ever feeling the need to fit in.

I remember in elementary school thinking I'm not like them... I dont know what to do with those people.

But it wasn't driven by a need to be like them. Or be accepted by them. It was in a trying to figure out first if I wanted to know them and then figuring out how to relate to them.

At that time I was more shy... Until I settled in to the whole school thing and realized its easier just not to care... And that I didn't really care if people liked me or not.

Maybe I would've felt differently if people generally didn't like me but they usually did.

Starry

Agreed miss starry...

I honestly can't remember ever feeling the need to fit in.

I remember in elementary school thinking I'm not like them... I dont know what to do with those people.

But it wasn't driven by a need to be like them. Or be accepted by them. It was in a trying to figure out first if I wanted to know them and then figuring out how to relate to them.

At that time I was more shy... Until I settled in to the whole school thing and realized its easier just not to care... And that I didn't really care if people liked me or not.

Maybe I would've felt differently if people generally didn't like me but they usually did.

OMgosh exactly ha!

I always say that I’m saved by the fact that people either readily like me…or at least see me as ‘harmless’…because I have ZERO in the way of ‘social game’. The real truth of the matter is…is I should probably try harder to be cool in order to fit-in (< --- haha that’s cracking me up). But I don’t because I just can’t be called upon to care. I mean, I’m not one of those that takes *pride* in NOT fitting-in…but at the same time there’s not a lot of people I would want to fit-in with. I very much see myself as an individual that just wants the freedom to follow my heart’s desire (read impulses)…and having to concern myself with ‘who’s who’ and ‘what’s cool’ would be such a bore and take away from the moment.

There are certain ‘larger social situations’ (work, etc.) where I will attempt (not always successfully) to curb my behavior to match the group…but NOT because I care to be liked. I just want my comings-and-goings to be easier so again I am ‘freer’ in that way. But aside from a very small handful of people…I can’t be bothered with what other people think of me.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
isn't that funny? i never could relate to that need.

my thinking was that if two people had a lot in common...or just related really well then liking each other would be natural...

if...someone doesn't like me...i don't see it as personal...just we don't relate well...i can even like someone without minding rather or not they like me.

funny...that reminded me of a conversation i had with a poster here once..

shortly after i joined and became aware of them...it seemed as tho they didn't much care for me...but i totally didn't even care haha i just thought/think they're awesome.

it's just as if how they feel about it is irrelevant...has no affect on my opinion.

which seems perfectly rational to me....i wonder if that's odd now tho.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think 7's are much more free spirited overall. When thinking about all the potentials, more like, "how can I make the most of this world with activity and fun and stimulation and be free of commitments", plain and simple. For me, it's like I want that too, but I first want that way of relating to the world or something. Just the feeling like everything is right and not my brain stemming off in all different directions first. Because that direction can be everywhere as a super-head type. I think 7's have a bit of that too, but aren't as concerned about it, or maybe just not a focus on that part of it. We can drown in good and bad potentials, sometimes the bad potentials holding us back. Outwardly? I think that 7w6's are nervous but more free, fun, maybe a little less responsible in their quests... 6's, just a little more skepticism from the confusion in our heads I suppose, a little more likely to think on the negative side of things. I'm just rambling but that's some of my guess.

I tend to just like some constants in my life, I stay at jobs, I don't like moving, I try to hold on to friends and support systems. It's like if there are certain constants in place in the background than I can feel like I can branch out a little bit in my day to day activities. I know a lot of people like the above things but I, (and I suspect some other sixes) just have an extreme fear of losing those things so there is like a huge section of our brains devoted to holding onto some constants.

7's are always looking for more so they'd be more outwardly changing things up a lot.
I dislike change.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I’ve been trying to determine whether the 7 in my tritype is correct, or whether it’s actually 6. (Late response to [MENTION=31348]Peter Deadpan[/MENTION].) The tricky part is that 1w2 sp/so is already very 6-like, and I have anxiety, AND I’m an SJ.

Reasons I tagged myself as 7:
- makes more sense than just being extremely integrated
- I love planning projects - my favorite headspace is coming up with big, ambitious plans, even if I can’t do them
- I over-commit and then am bad at getting back to people
- My work reputation has a lot to do with my positive attitude; I’m great at keeping people’s morale up. I strike a balance between warmth/joviality and being VERY good at setting boundaries/protecting my team.
- A lot of my life decisions have had to do with what sounded more fun. My parents are 6-fixed and 6-winged respectively and couldn’t relate to why I would prioritize “fun”, they thought it was selfish - so I had to emphasize the more 1w2 reasoning and pretend like 7ish reasons weren’t part of the equation.
- I am never bored - maybe once a year. I am very very good at keeping my mind occupied with interesting things, and it’s stressful and upsetting when I can’t.
- Sometimes I forget that the people I dislike exist because I’m so good at avoiding them and disregarding them lol.

Reasons I didn’t tag myself as 6:
- I am very bad at contingency planning unless the thing I’m planning for has happened to me or someone I know, and am therefore very bad at/easily stressed out by event planning, where something ALWAYS goes wrong.
- Literally what is 6 loyalty? I can’t conceptualize the way 6s approach authority, groups, and relationships. I see myself as a realist about all of those things - sometimes skeptical, sometimes trusting. I don’t test anyone’s relationship with me. My litmus tests are upon first meeting to see if they get my sense of humor and see me as a Real Person and not a skewed image of one. I try to be as evidence-rooted in my opinions of people as possible - not idealizing them, not demonizing them.
- There’s only one thing that I seek comfort in, other than perfection, and that is being left to my own devices - allowed to do my own thing, on my own time, and most importantly, on my own terms. (Insert “My Wave” by Soundgarden here.) I’m very independent and simultaneously love people and hate being bothered by them.

Does this seem 7 or 6?