• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 2] Spotting differences between a Type 2 ENFP vs Type 2 ENFJ

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Isn't the 2's thing 'making others happy makes me happy' ? That can be Fe or Fi in execution really.

I'm a 4 and while I do subscribe to the 2's mantra, I prefer doing it through my own thing aka being as creative and as individualistic as possible and hopefully inspiring others that way and making them happy (which I guess could be that rare integration of 4 into healthy 2). Or, even helping others and making them happy becomes your unique shtick, with your creative twist as to how to do that.

Meanwhile, I guess a 2 could do the same by using their unique personality in order to achieve that happiness in others.

It's a means vs goal thing? Or even a sidebonus thing? :thinking:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If they are an E2, they are an E2. The differences would be in their MBTI type functions.

Neutralpov

This is a hard one to answer. I have never met an ENFP type 2, online even I don't know of any.

I can tell you I have an ENFJ 9 friend and boy we look different. I am more straight choleric than her. Did know an ENFP nine (tested and confirmed) but we aren't in contact so I can't give much help on that front.

Hyacinth

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFPs are Ne dominant and ENFJs are Fe dominant. This means that both of them are focused on the outside world but they focus on different things. ENFP types can more oblivious to others since their dominant function, Ne, is more about possibilities and creative thought. Fe, on the other hand, is more about emotional intelligence and understanding what people mean both explicitly and implicitly.

ms.behaving

MBTI Type
eNFJ
Instinctual Variant
so
The ENFJ type 2 plans your baby shower and arrives early bearing 1 gift.
The ENFP type 2 decides to go last minute, swings by babies'r'us on the way, and arrives late bearing an armful of gifts.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ haha that's a funny distinction.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
True though :doh:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ha! i know!

I can be twoish...really at the last minute i may be made aware that there is something worth celebrating and go all out esfj style...but not. haha

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anyone have any theories?

The two are very different. The ENFJ is an Fe user and the ENFP is an Fi user. That one point alone is enough to differentiate between the two. Also, the ENFP uses Ne and not Ni. So the ENFP will communicate in that Ne bouncy bouncy way whereas the ENFJ will not.

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The ENFP type 2 decides to go last minute, swings by babies'r'us on the way, and arrives late bearing an armful of gifts.

I think that settles it for me :laugh:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Isn't the 2's thing 'making others happy makes me happy' ?

Hell, if thats the case I know ALOT of 2 ENFPs.

I dont think it has anything to do directly with Fe either simply for the fact that Fi CAN enjoy making other people happy. I would even go so far as to say that thinking that Fi cant do these things is more inferior and tertiary Fi then anything else and is a bunch of crock. Fe just works different then Fi.

My INFP friend likes to cook for me. She makes me breakfast at work, lunch, she is always buying and doing things for others like cookies, cooking, etc. She goes above and beyond alot for other and its doing the things she enjoys doing. She is dominant Fi and is in no way Fe.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

:laugh:

So true!

Stephen and I agree that Fi using type 2s are less 'hands on' than Fe using type 2s.

Yes absolutely. Fe users tend to do to help. Fi users tend to feel to help. If you are sick, an FJ will be more likely to make you soup, buy a you book that they think you would like, do your grocery shopping, feed your pets, get your coworkers to sign a "get better" card (my FJ did this for me!), and keep you well-cared-for during the duration of your sickness. An FP will be more likely to sit with you for hours, watch TV with you, dig up board games for you two to play, research the best medicine for you, order takeout, and keep you cheered up for the duration of your sickness.

I think a better question would be, "how do you tell the difference between an FJ 9 and an FP 2?". FJ 2s and FP 2s are easy to spot.

Tricky one :) FJ 9 took me FOREVER to identify. I would say that FJ 9 is helpful, open, and accepting, whereas FP 2 is bubbly, effusive, and demonstrative. There is more volatility to the FP; more consistency to the FJ. FP is more interested in attuning themself to you. FJ is more interested in maintaining a harmonic space between you two.

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The two are very different. The ENFJ is an Fe user and the ENFP is an Fi user. That one point alone is enough to differentiate between the two. Also, the ENFP uses Ne and not Ni. So the ENFP will communicate in that Ne bouncy bouncy way whereas the ENFJ will not.

I physically bounce when I talk sometimes. Does that count? ;D

Rebeka

MBTI Type
ENFP
I am an ENFP type 2. The difference i'd say it's on that we're as much as "going with the flow" and passionate about our weird things as the rest of enfp, rather than goal-oriented and tidied up as ENFJ are. nevertheless I'm enthusiastic, but i need peace to rest, too much activity overwhelms me. Both enfj ans type 2 enfp i'd say are oriented to make other to feel better and, as we are too much concern with it, we expect the same to other people and when we don't get so, we became frustrated and dangerous beings :biggrin: