• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 2] Spotting differences between a Type 2 ENFP vs Type 2 ENFJ

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anyone have any theories?

Last edited by a moderator:

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Those 2s will get you man, stay away.

I'm curious to hear about the differences between the 2s are, even with different MBTI types.

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Those 2s will get you man, stay away.

Aww shucks .. I'm already in love with and set to propose to a 2 :blush: I love her to death :wubbie:

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OMG you know what. I was wondering exactly the same thing earlier today. Well, not exactly, but something along the line of, what's the difference between a type 2 FP and a type 2 FJ? I think it's because I've kind of noticed & am surprised that type 2 ISFPs aren't as uncommon as I previously thought.

Obv got something to do with Fi vs Fe.

Etherea

MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
I would like to know... Kinda having a type crisis :/

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Type 2 ENFP's are usually mistyped ENFJ's. Enneagram 2 is Fe as hell, and type 4 is Fi as hell.

I also agree about the E4 being 'Fi as hell', because of this I also wonder how/why there are so many INFJ type 4s. I'm trying to reconcile the two in my head.

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Stephen and I agree that Fi using type 2s are less 'hands on' than Fe using type 2s.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I also agree about the E4 being 'Fi as hell', because of this I also wonder how/why there are so many INFJ type 4s. I'm trying to reconcile the two in my head.

That always puzzled me as well. Although INFJ's regularly type 4w5.

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
no I mean, they're less 'assertive' with their help. I can imagine a Fe using type 2 jumping right in and wanting to do things for that other person and offering advice, while a Fi using type 2 are more like cheerleaders and supporters.

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
no I mean, they're less 'assertive' with their help. I can imagine a Fe using type 2 jumping right in and wanting to do things for that other person and offering advice, while a Fi using type 2 are more like cheerleaders and supporters.

I agree with this assertion.

But I was reading somewhere recently that Type 2 is a common type for ESFP's and the way they help is also by giving advice [Fi/Te].

Usually when I read about ExFJs in general [and assuming that they're talking about Type 2's], there's more talk about how they try to help practically through favours and acts of kindness. Perhaps more ESFJ's than ENFJ's in that regard. It was actually one of the reasons why I started doubting my Fe dominance as well. I am personally much more about fixing problems and giving solutions [Ne/Ti] than anything else when it comes to helping people.

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They are less physically affectionate maybe.

It's possible, but I'm not sure if it's entirely type related.

I would venture to guess that Fi users would probably be more inclined to having giving as an Fi value ---- and may be able to be more selective in who they give to as well as how they give. But the question as to how they give as opposed to Type 2 Fe-doms is what's eluding me at this point.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
It's possible, but I'm not sure if it's entirely type related.

I would venture to guess that Fi users would probably be more inclined to having giving as an Fi value ---- and may be able to be more selective in who they give to as well as how they give. But the question as to how they give as opposed to Type 2 Fe-doms is what's eluding me at this point.

For some reason I always saw Fe users as very huggy-feely types.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think a better question would be, "how do you tell the difference between an FJ 9 and an FP 2?". FJ 2s and FP 2s are easy to spot

[MENTION=15967]Kayness[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION]
4w3 in many ways is actually pretty Fe. they are more openly emotional, frequently compare themselves to others and type 4s as a whole struggle with envy (which I see plenty of Fe users struggling with, but no so many Fi users).

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I think a better question would be, "how do you tell the difference between an FJ 9 and an FP 2?". FJ 2s and FP 2s are easy to spot

[MENTION=15967]Kayness[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION]
4w3 in many ways is actually pretty Fe. they are more openly emotional, frequently compare themselves to others and type 4s as a whole struggle with envy (which I see plenty of Fe users struggling with, but no so many Fi users).

Interesting

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

i actually quite often suffer from that fourish envy. only from artists whose work i like and who are more successful than me.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I'm somewhat 2 ish I think since it's in my trifix and I would say this is true for me... I also sort of see it in myself when I play hostess. I sort of like to spoil people with things they love... But I don't like to make a fuss about it and it has nothing to do with social niceties or expectations..rather just about that person in particular and making them comfortable.

The way I do it feels less obvious than the type 2 esfjs I know anyway..but again I'm also not a true 2 so maybe that's all pointless.