• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Enneatypes] The Heart Triad at its Best

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Come to think of it, almost all the examples of good Heart people I can think of are 2's. A few 4's too, but many of them wound up killing themselves... :dry:

Burger King

The enneagram is all about the ugly. Most people can't handle this shit so it's pretty hilarious to see the reaction, the squirming. Ahahaah...

"Oh that's not me, <insert ego-ideal riddled declaration>."
"I must be this type cuz <insert stupid ass cliche>."

That's basically the fun of the enneagram, in the demons that each type possesses. Lets get to the juicy stuff. I'd much rather talk about the triads at their worst than at their best.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
The enneagram is all about the ugly. Most people can't handle this shit so it's pretty hilarious to see the reaction, the squirming. Ahahaah...

"Oh that's not me, <insert ego-ideal riddled declaration>."
"I must be this type cuz <insert stupid ass cliche>."

That's basically the fun of the enneagram, in the demons that each type possesses. Lets get to the juicy stuff. I'd much rather talk about the triads at their worst than at their best.
Well you can make a thread about that yourself, if you want.

Any more examples of healthy Heart people? I have a few 3's: Diane Sawyer, Anderson Cooper, and Oprah Winfrey. They're all 3w4's.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jesus, no wonder 4s wind up killing themselves. Where's the love, people?

Burger King

Well you can make a thread about that yourself, if you want.

Any more examples of healthy Heart people? I have a few 3's: Diane Sawyer, Anderson Cooper, and Oprah Winfrey. They're all 3w4's.

I'm curious, what do you self-type as? Also, why so much dislike for the heart triad? Why single this triad out and not say the head or gut types? I was going to make a thread similar to this, but realized that it would ultimately be pointless and would only further hostility. Plus, good and bad is a tricky/controversial thing to determine sometimes a lot of the times (ie: Mother Teresa). When people have such strong negative reactions to something/someone it's usually a result of misunderstandings or bad experiences IRL, etc etc, leading them to generalize a group negatively, ie racism/prejudices. If that is the case, then asking questions and receiving answers would be more beneficial - fosters understanding + empathy.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I'm curious, what do you self-type as? Also, why so much dislike for the heart triad? Why single this triad out and not say the head or gut types? I was going to make a thread similar to this, but realized that it would ultimately be pointless and would only further hostility. Plus, good and bad is a tricky/controversial thing to determine sometimes a lot of the times (ie: Mother Teresa). When people have such strong negative reactions to something/someone it's usually a result of misunderstandings or bad experiences IRL, etc etc, leading them to generalize a group negatively, ie racism/prejudices. If that is the case, then asking questions and receiving answers would be more beneficial - fosters understanding + empathy.
I don't have any dislike for the Heart triad at all; I'm actually trying to see if anyone here DOESN'T dislike the triad. It seems they're the most polarizing of the three.

I'm curious why you chose Mother Theresa as an example of how "tricky" good and bad are?

Burger King

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Not really a fan of Christopher Hitchens so I don't particularly care what he has to say. And bringing up Che Guevara is pretty odd. I think he's a 6 though.

Burger King

How is it odd that I bring up Che? We are talking in the context of good and evil, and he is a good example of the blur between the line of "good"/"evil." Also, you are going to disregard all that because you dislike Chris Hitchens? He still makes some decent points, and even if you don't care what he has to say, others have had similar and valid criticism.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Well, whatever criticism can be made, valid or otherwise, is more or less moot now. I still think she's the quintessential 2.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This thread kind of fails...though I appreciated the OPs attempt :smile:

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
This thread kind of fails...though I appreciated the OPs attempt :smile:
I disagree; I don't think it's failed at all. There just seems to be a reluctance to discuss the Heart types in any positive light. I'm wondering why that is.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I disagree; I don't think it's failed at all. There just seems to be a reluctance to discuss the Heart types in any positive light. I'm wondering why that is.

:shrug: Im guessing it has something to do with the fact that being emo or mushy and driven to please others/seek approval from others (something that these types at their unhealthiest are quite notorious for) is something many people seem to be uncomfortable with when seeing it in others. Often to the point where they look down on it, and resent having to deal with it. It is understandable, in a way.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
:shrug: Im guessing it has something to do with the fact that being emo or mushy and driven to please others/seek approval from others (something that these types at their unhealthiest are quite notorious for) is something many people seem to be uncomfortable with when seeing it in others. Often to the point where they look down on it, and resent having to deal with it. It is understandable, in a way.
I hardly think those habits are exclusive to the Heart triad. Who doesn't want approval from others?

ms.behaving

MBTI Type
eNFJ
Instinctual Variant
so
Well, be that as it may, I'm looking for good examples of the Heart types. I have another one: Desmond Tutu, another 2w1.

A few heart triad members worthy of accolades -- going above and beyond the call...

Type 2: Barbara Bush, Princess Diana, Mr. Rogers, Mary Poppins
Type 3: Elvis Presley, Scarlett O'Hara
Type 4: Judy Garland, Edgar Allan Poe, Van Gogh, Anne Rice

ms.behaving

MBTI Type
eNFJ
Instinctual Variant
so
Dearest heart triad types,

You love me in the springtime, when all is green and new,
You love me in the summertime, when the sky is oh so blue,
You love me in the autumn, when the leaves are turning brown,
You love me in the winter, when the snow is falling down.

How's that? :D