• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 1] I'm 1w9, is this right?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I took the Eclectec Energies free enneatype quiz and I got this:

You are most likely a type 1 or 6.

Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 1w9 or 6w5 or 6w7.

It is not clear from these test results which Enneagram type and wing you are.

Type 1 - 7
Type 6 - 7
Type 4 - 6.7
Type 5 - 6.3
Type 9 - 6
Type 7 - 6
Type 3 - 5.7
Type 8 - 5
Type 2 - 3.7

I just kind of assumed I was a 7 type, like a lot of ENFPs, even though I never related to the developmental descriptions. Then I posted this in my blog:

My subconscious doesn't talk to me a lot, but I've got the little bastard figured out. I've rearranged my lfe so I could focus on important things because with all the bills for medical and other things coming through, I won't be able to afford anything else.

The question remains as to why my subconscious arranges these subterfuges, to make me think that I'm doing this all because it's what I really want to do? Why don't I catch onto this stuff right away? I think it may have to do with supposedly being Ennneagram 7. I don't understand that stuff properly, but I think I'm onto something.

And [MENTION=1009]CzeCze[/MENTION] suggested that I could be a 1 because apparently we have the habit of having to justify and rationalize our gut feelings. I strongly relate to the developmental descriptions. And I am always striving for betterment in myself, and am always dissapointed at what I achieve, even if it is passible. But isn't 1w9 and ENFP an unlikely combo?

I tend to to be a lot more paranoid than other ENFPs, thus the strong 6 slant there. But it's not so much that I'm afraid of danger, I just like to notice it coming. For instance, I'm always scanning for trolls and spammers here. I don't think 6 is right for me.

I don't even know what question to ask myself. I'm distrustful of my test results, I have a tendency to be able to 'lead' a test to where I want it to go. Where should I start verifying this? Anybody have any ideas as to my Enneatype? Any questions I can answer to help?

Last edited by a moderator:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Waiting for [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] to weigh in. :popc1:

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Well, I've only ever seen you drunk, and you didn't give off 1 vibe there. :shrug:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't even know what question to ask myself. I'm distrustful of my test results, I have a tendency to be able to 'lead' a test to where I want it to go. Where should I start verifying this? Anybody have any ideas as to my Enneatype? Any questions I can answer to help?

Test can be bad, and answers can be easily influenced so they are a fun thing to do, and can offer some suggestions, that's all.

This is one place to start, looking at how the motivations shift under stress can help when trying to see where you fit.

Otherwise the questions that are relevant are things like:

What is your relationship with shame, anxiety and anger?
How do you react when stressed?
What motivates you?
What do you fear? Not as in phobias more personal than that.
How do you react to conflict?
What's your relationship like with responsibility?
What's your relationship like in regards to trusting people?
How do you tend to react to those in authority?
What is your outlook on life?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Test can be bad, and answers can be easily influenced so they are a fun thing to do, and can offer some suggestions, that's all.

This is one place to start, looking at how the motivations shift under stress can help when trying to see where you fit.

Otherwise the questions that are relevant are things like:

What motivates you?
What's your relationship like with trust?
How do you react to those in authority?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=10714]Qlip[/MENTION]
honestly, I don't think so, though it might be your gut fix.
PS: have you considered 3w4? the 1-ish struggles you describe apply equally to 3s (and you don't seem like a 3w2). this is not a definitive typing, or even a guess, just thought I'd throw the option out there

so far, if I had to guess, I'd say you're some sort of 1w9-6w7-3w4 trifix in some order.

Silveresque

I think this gives a good impression of the speaking and thinking styles of the types:

TYPE 1: SERMONS/PREACH & TEACH
Teaching, preaching, finding fault, admonishing, correcting, reminding of obligations
Self-talk: ‘That’s not right’

TYPE 6: CAUTIONS/CAVEATS/SETTING LIMITS
Questions, warnings, second-guessing, trouble-shooting, worst-case scenarios, defending / testing
Self-talk: ‘But what if …’

TYPE 7: ANECDOTES/BRAINSTORMING/STORYTELLING
Joking, laughing, story-telling, entertaining, shifting gears, changing venues, sampling, imagining, checking out, moving on
Self-talk: ‘On a lighter note’

And [MENTION=1009]CzeCze[/MENTION] suggested that I could be a 1 because apparently we have the habit of having to justify and rationalize our gut feelings. I strongly relate to the developmental descriptions. And I am always striving for betterment in myself, and am always dissapointed at what I achieve, even if it is passible. But isn't 1w9 and ENFP an unlikely combo?

Perfectionism is a type 1 trait, but it's also a very common trait in many types. Having been raised by a 1w9 parent, I can tell you that 1's are not only looking for self-improvement, but other-improvement as well. They have high expectations for themselves and others, and they want people to handle issues the proper way so that things get done right. Also, keep in mind that 7's disintegrate to 1.

I tend to to be a lot more paranoid than other ENFPs, thus the strong 6 slant there. But it's not so much that I'm afraid of danger, I just like to notice it coming. For instance, I'm always scanning for trolls and spammers here. I don't think 6 is right for me.

I wouldn't rule out 6 just yet. Your attention goes to scanning the environment for possible dangers--which sounds very much like type 6. I've read that sometimes the fear/anxiety is subconscious, which I think is why a lot of sixes mistype.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow.. I've got time to answer this. Okay.. my first impulse is that I want to read the profiles on 3 and 6's, but first I'm going to type some answers to your guy's questions so I can have some uninfluenced data on my mind. [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] I'll check out the 3w4 profile first.

Well, I've only ever seen you drunk, and you didn't give off 1 vibe there. :shrug:

How is a 1 supposed to act when they're drunk? When I get drunk, I get mostly amused by myself behaving differently.. so I let out slack on my leash, but I'm always checking myself.

Okay.. I'll give Kasper's questions a try:

What motivates you?
What's your relationship like in regards to trusting people?
How do you tend to react to those in authority?

Umm.. I'm not prone to shame. But when I was young, say around 13, I would beat myself up about everything, to the point where it was unhealthy enough that I decided to cut myself some slack. I still have a voice in my head of should and should nots always going, but I often choose to ignore it. I only rarely get angry. And I get anxious when I'm in situations where I'm expecting more from myself than I'm sure that I can deliver.

As for motivation, that's a good question. I guess I'm looking for new experiences and to deepen my understanding of pretty much everything. Anything resembling perfectionism happens when I pick up a project under this motivation. Then things need to be 'right' before I drop it. Nothing else matters, except when I hit the brick wall hard enough.

I'm afraid that I'll tell you what I'm afraid of and you'll use it against me. I'm afraid of being rejected for a misunderstanding, but not being rejected for an understanding of who I am. I'm afraid loosing control of anything to the point where I can't get it back to where I want it, this is strange because I often make that happen. A little switch flips, and I say "oh, what the hell".

Responsibility is a pain in the ass if I didn't take it on myself, and then it's a burden, even it it mostly involves something I like. If it is a personal responsibility to help somebody get to a better place, and I like the person, then it's not a burden at all.

And as for trust. I don't trust people.. or mistrust them to do anything other than the types of things specific people do. If somebody makes me a promise and I don't know them well.. I use this as a test to see what it means to them to make a promise and adjust my understanding accordingly. If somebody 'fails' me, I mostly feel like I misunderstood the person.

I am wary of authority.

Uh, what is my outlook on life? This is the freeform essay portion, right? Uhh.. I don't know how to answer this. I want something amazing in my life. I want to be involved in something that becomes greater than the actions of just in it. I feel like that if I find my grove then I'll be happy. If I find those things that are effortless to do and that somehow create something great.. add something to the universe, then I've found that's worth doing. But, I also understand the paradox that effortless action is not really effortless at all.

I think this gives a good impression of the speaking and thinking styles of the types:

Perfectionism is a type 1 trait, but it's also a very common trait in many types. Having been raised by a 1w9 parent, I can tell you that 1's are not only looking for self-improvement, but other-improvement as well. They have high expectations for themselves and others, and they want people to handle issues the proper way so that things get done right. Also, keep in mind that 7's disintegrate to 1.

I wouldn't rule out 6 just yet. Your attention goes to scanning the environment for possible dangers--which sounds very much like type 6. I've read that sometimes the fear/anxiety is subconscious, which I think is why a lot of sixes mistype.

Very good info here, I'll check out the video later. 7's disintegrate into 1's? Hmm.. that's worth checking out. One little data point I was using for being a 1 is that up until I matured as an adult.. I was incredibly preachy. I grew up telling people who they should be, all in the name of God, of course. And even when I lost religion, I got worse. I got angry at people, including my wife at the time, for not caring as much as I did about metaphysical questions. I'd get angry about them not being willing to ask the 'right' questions, my questions, of course.

Okay.. I'll think about this stuff some more and do some research. I'm still unsure how the Enneagram and MBTI intersect. I'll figure this stuff out.

Lark

How do you do the thing were it takes wings into account?

I did a quiz and got 1 with SP, I got 3 and 8 as runners up and it said that the top three were likely to contain a true reflection of you personality. I've got that result before, I think it was more than ten years ago that I did an enneagram quiz, a hard copy one from a book and it hasnt changed since then. Its something I'm sure about because I dont see myself as a reformer or particularly as a challenger either.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How do you do the thing were it takes wings into account?
I did a quiz and got 1 with SP, I got 3 and 8 as runners up and it said that the top three were likely to contain a true reflection of you personality. I've got that result before, I think it was more than ten years ago that I did an enneagram quiz, a hard copy one from a book and it hasnt changed since then. Its something I'm sure about because I dont see myself as a reformer or particularly as a challenger either.

you are 110% Enneagram 1

probably 1w2 So/Sp
if you do tritypes (though you may want to save that for after your main type is figured out) I think it is 1w2>6w5>3w4

Qlip, you sound like a 6 to me. A lot of your issues seem to revolve around anxiety, mistrust, and keeping yourself safe.

Silveresque

Maybe this will help:

MistypingsforQlip.png

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well are you trying to reform your type? That would be something one's might attempt. ;)

Burger King

Average Health Levels

1:
Level 5: Afraid of making a mistake: everything must be consistent with their ideals. Become orderly and well-organized, but impersonal, puritanical, emotionally constricted, rigidly keeping their feelings and impulses in check. Often workaholics—"anal-compulsive," punctual, pedantic, and fastidious.

Level 6: Highly critical both of self and others: picky, judgmental, perfectionistic. Very opinionated about everything: correcting people and badgering them to "do the right thing"—as they see it. Impatient, never satisfied with anything unless it is done according to their prescriptions. Moralizing, scolding, abrasive, and indignantly angry.

6:
Level 5: To resist having more demands made on them, they react against others passive-aggressively. Become evasive, indecisive, cautious, procrastinating, and ambivalent. Are highly reactive, anxious, and negative, giving contradictory, "mixed signals." Internal confusion makes them react unpredictably.

Level 6: To compensate for insecurities, they become sarcastic and belligerent, blaming others for their problems, taking a tough stance toward "outsiders." Highly reactive and defensive, dividing people into friends and enemies, while looking for threats to their own security. Authoritarian while fearful of authority, highly suspicious, yet, conspiratorial, and fear-instilling to silence their own fears.

7:
Level 5: Unable to discriminate what they really need, become hyperactive, unable to say "no" to themselves, throwing self into constant activity. Uninhibited, doing and saying whatever comes to mind: storytelling, flamboyant exaggerations, witty wise-cracking, performing. Fear being bored: in perpetual motion, but do too many things—many ideas but little follow through.

Level 6: Get into conspicuous consumption and all forms of excess. Self-centered, materialistic, and greedy, never feeling that they have enough. Demanding and pushy, yet unsatisfied and jaded. Addictive, hardened, and insensitive.

What does your inner A-Hole look like? (Rhetorical Question)

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay.. I think I'm probably a 6, probably counterphobic. The part of the description that I was having problems with were the ones about having to rely on structure or an authority figure for approval. Examining myself, this is probably true.. but it's something that I wasn't too happy on identifying, since ultimately I feel like those things I relied on in the past have failed me. And now I feel like looking for authoratative approval is a weakness.

I've gone to some place that 6's go to when they don't feel that there is a such thing as a real authority, but still need one. Basically I've transferred my idea of authority into something very esoteric, very abstract and very rarified.

EDIT: Concerning counterphobia.. I've always sought out what I feared. I was afraid of heights, I climbed trees. I was afraid of public speaking, I took debate class. I was afraid of physical confrontation, I took martial arts classess. I'm afraid of become a washout, I'm slumming it. Lol.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, there's a page for every type except 9. Just google search "enneagram misidentifications" to find them. Here's the one for type 5: Type 5 Misidentifications - Blogspot

Niiice, if I had seen the 5 and 9 when I tried to find my enneagram the first time (which also says many nines mistype as fives) I would have known my enneagram much earlier. As I thought I was five for the longest tme, but reading that makes it pretty obvious I'm 9. :p

Although if I'd look at the "8 and 1" misidentification chart, I'd say I'd relate more to 1's side of the spectrum. But I guess it doesn't work like that with wings. :p