• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Enneatypes] Help me understand the gut triad

Silveresque

This is the main thing about my type that I really don't understand very well. I took a triads test but my results were all over the place, and I found myself thinking "none of the above" for most of the questions. I seem to be really disconnected from my thoughts, feelings, AND instincts. Something I've noticed about myself is that when someone asks me what I think or feel about something, I often have a really hard time answering.

So what exactly is the gut triad, and what exactly are gut feelings? I'd also like to know how other 9's see themselves as gut types and what it means to them.

VagrantFarce

It's all about instinct and the body and what you do with it. The clue is in the name - gut feelings. Literally, from the gut. That's not just a clever name.

• For 8s, its about power and strength - their bodies and presence expand to fill power vacuums naturally. Anger and instinct flow naturally & excessively.
    [video=youtube;5EsLfenryhA]8[/video]

• For 9s, its about serenity and peacefulness - their bodies over-adapt to what's going on around them, and their drive is numbed out.
    [video=youtube;yXEuEUQIP3Q]9[/video]

• For 1s, its about correctness and being "proper" - a kind of rigid, stern stance that puts anger & instinct in its place.
    [video=youtube;H7E34aByCoI]1[/video]

Remember, it's about the body, about anger, about instinct, about gut feelings, about physicality. The other two triads do not share this preoccupation. The head triad concerns itself with thinking, choice, considering options, intelligence, fear...the heart triad is concerned with image, emotion, feelings, histrionics, theatricality.

Hyacinth

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The gut triad is all about instinctive interactions with the world. Gut triad people tend to act first and think later. It's not because they're disconnected from their thoughts and feelings, they just feel naturally equipped to do something rather than plan it out.

teen rose

MBTI Type
INFP
It's all about instinct and the body and what you do with it. The clue is in the name - gut feelings. Literally, from the gut. That's not just a clever name.

• For 8s, its about power and strength - their bodies and presence expand to fill power vacuums naturally. Anger and instinct flow naturally & excessively.
    [video=youtube;5EsLfenryhA]8[/video]

• For 9s, its about serenity and peacefulness - their bodies over-adapt to what's going on around them, and their drive is numbed out.
    [video=youtube;yXEuEUQIP3Q]9[/video]

• For 1s, its about correctness and being "proper" - a kind of rigid, stern stance that puts anger & instinct in its place.
    [video=youtube;H7E34aByCoI]1[/video]

Remember, it's about the body, about anger, about instinct, about gut feelings, about physicality. The other two triads do not share this preoccupation. The head triad concerns itself with thinking, choice, considering options, intelligence, fear...the heart triad is concerned with image, emotion, feelings, histrionics, theatricality.

So Gut in the sense what common people mean and use. It shud have been named body triad. Gut is about instincts which i relate to intuition. It is same like how common folk normally use introvert for social shyness wrongly without/unable to comprehend the depth.

teen rose

MBTI Type
INFP
The gut triad is all about instinctive interactions with the world. Gut triad people tend to act first and think later. It's not because they're disconnected from their thoughts and feelings, they just feel naturally equipped to do something rather than plan it out.

But they are not necessarily good with it right? I mean their intuition is not strong.