• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] How do you differientiate a 7 w 6 from

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
What's my enneatype? It is between 6 w 7 and 7 w 6....

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?

Safety, fun, adventure, success, prestige, sex, and understanding.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?

I hope to become famous at whatever I decide to do for a career. I plan on having sex with the most gorgeous women imaginable.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?

I would like to avoid fear, too much responsibility, and a repetitive and boring lifestyle. I don't really have many values outside of my religion.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?

I hate authority and also have claustrophobia. I also hate feeling trapped in anything, and enjoy my freedom. I also hate life to be boring and repetitive. I'm also afraid of confrontation to some degree because I have PTSD from violent confrontation. I also fear that I won't ever be successful and I won't amount to anything.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?

I want others to see me as strong, funny adventurous, courageous, prestigious, and good in bed. I don't have a high opinion of myself right now. I'm working on self improvement.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?

I feel best when a hot girl is having sex with me. I also feel awesome when I understand something that was previously very hard to understand. I feel pretty good when I'm having fun too. I feel like shit when I'm in a place with non-stop confrontation, or in a place that requires me to be heavily responsible or heavily obedient to authoritative figures. I also feel bad in dangerous places as well.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.

I experience anger when things in my life aren't enjoyable and everything goes to hell. I also experience anger when I can't understand how to fix a problem or when I don't understand something. I feel ashamed when someone outwits me, when someone makes me look like a coward, or when someone makes me feel like a nobody. I feel anxious when there is someone much more prestigious, intelligent, or stronger than I am around me. I also feel anxious when I feel that everything in my life is pleasurable or when I feel I am in physical danger.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.

I usually get really anxious and freak out. I have a habit of getting really angry and wanting to fight people. I also seem to have this, don't give a shit attitude and start openly defying authority and law for no reason. I often resort to heavy drinking and sometimes drugs as well when I get stressed out. I adapt to change well, and it really doesn't effect me much. I try to be as diplomatic as possible when it comes to heavy conflict. I seem to have a hot and cold method to conflict: Either i am really pissed and fight or am calm, cool, and diplomatic. However, once diplomacy fails...I fight, and I fight hard!

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?

I usually manipulate authority to have them on my side, but at the same time I hate authority and intentionally try to defy authority. I actually have "Oppositional Defiance Disorder", I hate authority so much. I feel like I want to be the one in control with all the power. I love having the power over things, but I don't like to control, I just don't like to be controlled.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?

Life is a big adventure, but yet a struggle at the same time.

Optional Questions

11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.

I have PTSD from violence and it has made me much more insecure and much more cautious.

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.

I usually trust people unless they give me reason not too. I'm a forgiving person.

13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.

I like my sense of humor, quick wit, and my crazy ideas. I hate how I constantly question myself and often believe that I will be a failure. I hate my anxiety in general.

14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?

I notice people's motivations easily and I can easily detect lies and deception. I can also pretty easily tell how high a person's sex drive is, just from talking with them.

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?

I find it entertaining and insult them back. I also feel great if they compliment me.

16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?

I'm thankful I have a high sex drive, an innovative and independent mind, and a great sense of humor. I wish I could have more self assurance, self-confidence, and a positive mindset.

Starry

I apologize...I don't really feel like going into a long explanation here (someone else will come along and help you out there)...but I definitely think you are a 7...with 3 in your tritype.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION]
I think 7w6. I would say Sx/Sp based on this, but your impression on the phone seems much more So/Sx

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A brief history of enneagram:

Some random dude: hey, what if I assign numbers to people and personality traits?

Time passes...

Random dude #2: you know what? These numbers don't explain all the different kinds of people I run into. I think I'm going to say people can have some of the characteristics of the numbers adjacent to their's on the number line

Time passes...

Random dude #3: You know what, this doesn't work either. I think I'm going to say that people can focus on either their social aspect, survival instinct or intimacy aspect most

Time passes...

Random dude #4 (aka me): hey, what if we say a enneatype can have non-adjacent numbers as their wings?

The End

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A brief history of enneagram:

Some random dude: hey, what if I assign numbers to people and personality traits?

Time passes...

Random dude #2: you know what? These numbers don't explain all the different kinds of people I run into. I think I'm going to say people can have some of the characteristics of the numbers adjacent to their's on the number line

Time passes...

Random dude #3: You know what, this doesn't work either. I think I'm going to say that people can focus on either their social aspect, survival instinct or intimacy aspect most

Time passes...

Random dude #4 (aka me): hey, what if we say a enneatype can have non-adjacent numbers as their wings?

The End

lol you have no idea what you're talking about. the enneagram is not about traits to begin with.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, I'm sure it is a great and important mystery. Not at all like some dude just made it up. It helps us tap into some greater spiritual truth about ourselves I'm sure

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Since you asked, my guess is 7w6.

I'm a 7w8, and a dear friend of mine is a 7w6.
Both have the "wild child" gene - that is for sure.
Biggest difference between the two, from what I have observed is the difference in expression of anxiety.

7w8 = Anxiety is rarely felt in day to day life, but when it does occur it will not be shown - EVER.
7w6 = Anxiety is felt in day to day life, might not be explicitly shown - but is in part a motivation of thoughts/behavioral inclinations.

Both are fun as hell to be around.
Both are indeed on a mission to make their lives a grand and never-ending adventure of some sort or another.

ALSO - on an off topic, do you know where you score on N/S?
The reason I ask is that there's an awful lot of ESTP in your description above, IMHO.
I'm roughly 40%N / 60%S, so not quite balanced, but not off the charts "S" either.

Another "also" - a very good friend of mine is an ENTP/8w7.
If the two of us are in the same room it is damn difficult to tell the distinctions between our personalities apart to the casual observer.
There's also much laughter, scheming, joking, hand gestures, throwing things, you name it - it's pretty much a free for all.

Anyhow, sorry about the PTSD and your earlier exposure to violence.
My wife has PTSD for different reasons, but I understand how it manifests and hope you find peace with it all in your life.

Cheers,

:solidarity:

-Alex

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Biggest difference between the two, from what I have observed is the difference in expression of anxiety.

7w8 = Anxiety is rarely felt in day to day life, but when it does occur it will not be shown - EVER.
7w6 = Anxiety is felt in day to day life, might not be explicitly shown - but is in part a motivation of thoughts/behavioral inclinations.

Both are indeed on a mission to make their lives a grand and never-ending adventure of some sort or another.

The reason I ask is that there's an awful lot of ESTP in your description above, IMHO.
I'm roughly 40%N / 60%S, so not quite balanced, but not off the charts "S" either.

If the two of us are in the same room it is damn difficult to tell the distinctions between our personalities apart to the casual observer.
There's also much laughter, scheming, joking, hand gestures, throwing things, you name it - it's pretty much a free for all.

My wife has PTSD for different reasons, but I understand how it manifests and hope you find peace with it all in your life.

Cheers,

-Alex

good post :yes:
based on my phone conversations with him, I don't think he's 7w8.

PS: another difference is that 7w8s tend to be more direct with communication and conflict (that's not to say 7w6s aren't assertive, they just don't go about it so bluntly and have a more go with the flow approach to things they don't care about. 7w8 on the other hand views conflict as a natural part of life). they're quicker to point out their objections. frustration is more apparent in the 7w8, even though overall they're not hard to get along with (as long as you give them space)

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
good post :yes:

Thanks! :cheese:

PS: another difference is that 7w8s tend to be more direct with communication and conflict (that's not to say 7w6s aren't assertive, they just don't go about it so bluntly and have a more go with the flow approach to things they don't care about.

Yes indeed.
I'm about as direct as can be imagined.
You're right about the conflict thing too; I embraced it a loooong time ago.
In fact I think I almost revel in it. :laugh:

7w8 on the other hand views conflict as a natural part of life). they're quicker to point out their objections. frustration is more apparent in the 7w8, even though overall they're not hard to get along with (as long as you give them space)

Yup.
I'm fine with someone disagreeing with me as long as they can back it up.
Sometimes we're taken the wrong way when we are in "get shit done mode."
Once people are around us long enough to be able to determine that our behavior as such has nothing to do with them personally I think we make more sense.
It's kind of silly that we're so damn free spirited and adventure seeking, yet bullheaded as hell. :happy:

-Alex

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION]
Fwiw, I think you are a 7w6. Cool, crazy, hedonist...the basic elements are there. :D

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

Cheers,

-Alex

Thanks but I'm pretty sure I'm not ESTP. I have very little Se if any. Here is a video of me if you wanna check it out though. I just posted it on another thread...

http://youtu.be/vGtpBNufH5U

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
That brown thing on the left. Looks like a curtain dividing the room.

BTW, you seem happy go lucky. It's cool. :)

I vote 7w6.

Oh that is a brick fireplace. Thank you for you opinion though. Would you also agree with the ENTP tag, considering you are a fellow ENTP?