• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] How do you differientiate a 7 w 6 from

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I remember me being in a library. At first, I read a biography of Axl Rose, a 6w7. He appeared clearly that he was a paranoid, frustrated guy, opposing himself to others and above all to himself, violently rebelious and reactive but also lean on obsession about security, discipline and auto-sabotage. Outward, though, he was often joyful, nice and party-seeker.

Then I read a bio of Freddy Mercury, a 7w6. And my impression was totally different. Freddy Mercury was grandiose and super optimistic. He didn't seem to have any doubt or be imagining the worst, only imagining the best. And just after that I read a bio of Steven Tyler, a 7w8 and similarly I got the impression that Steven Tyler was a marvelous elf full of optimism.

Now, 7w6 can be anxious, but they tend to disperse their anxiety in positives options and usually imagine the best. 6w7 are often joyful and in a good mood, but feel like there's some forces oppposing to them, and tend to imagine th worst when it's time to take action.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I remember me being in a library. At first, I read a biography of Axl Rose, a 6w7. He appeared clearly that he was a paranoid, frustrated guy, opposing himself to others and above all to himself, violently rebelious and reactive but also lean on obsession about security, discipline and auto-sabotage. Outward, though, he was often joyful, nice and party-seeker.

Then I read a bio of Freddy Mercury, a 7w6. And my impression was totally different. Freddy Mercury was grandiose and super optimistic. He didn't seem to have any doubt or be imagining the worst, only imagining the best. And just after that I read a bio of Steven Tyler, a 7w8 and similarly I got the impression that Steven Tyler was a marvelous elf full of optimism.

Now, 7w6 can be anxious, but they tend to disperse their anxiety in positives options and usually imagine the best. 6w7 are often joyful and in a good mood, but feel like there's some forces oppposing to them, and tend to imagine th worst when it's time to take action.

See it's hard to differentiate because I have PTSD from hell.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Theses kinds of troubles are not rares for 7w6.

Did you ever read that page? http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneagram/54436-dilemmas-type-6-type-7-helen-palmer.html

I just read that and I'm still right in the middle between those two types. If 6 was red, and blue was 7, then I would be purple.

[MENTION=8543]Nerd Girl[/MENTION]

I really wouldn't know. I think that I've met one confirmed ENTP woman in my entire life, and that's it. ENTP women are rare as hell and the other two that I knew that I thought were ENTP turned out to be ISTP.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks but I'm pretty sure I'm not ESTP. I have very little Se if any.

You're welcome.
BTW, I'm pretty sure I wasn't insuiting you were an ESTP.
I was only pointing out that there are commonalities between EXTP types, many of which are described in your earlier self-specific comments.

Here is a video of me if you wanna check it out though. I just posted it on another threadhttp://youtu.be/vGtpBNufH5U

Are you offering a video of yourself as indicative of how male ENTP behaviors should appear to the casual observer?
Just curious.

:solidarity:

-Alex

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
You're welcome.
BTW, I'm pretty sure I wasn't insuiting you were an ESTP.
I was only pointing out that there are commonalities between EXTP types, many of which are described in your earlier self-specific comments.

Are you offering a video of yourself as indicative of how male ENTP behaviors should appear to the casual observer?
Just curious.

:solidarity:

-Alex

No there was another dude on the forum who said he could type people based on facial expressions. I thought maybe if you saw a video of me, it would help you to type me better.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No there was another dude on the forum who said he could type people based on facial expressions.

Gotcha. I understand where you were coming from now. Thanks for the clarification.

I thought maybe if you saw a video of me, it would help you to type me better.

An interesting concept.
It is my belief that it is possible to determine people's physical characteristics via observation of their physical behaviors.
A photo of someone predictive relevance for a given moment in time.
A video tells more about a person, but again only so much, and only for a short time period.
Several videos taken over time with an understanding of the events of the subjet's life at the time of each video is worth a hell of alot more.

Yes, it is possible to determine someone's MOOD at a given moment via FACIAL EXPRESSION, or BODY LANGUAGE.
But, not foolproof.
And, IMHO, not a very accurate way to determine someone's MBTI type, or independent cognitive preferences either.

I'm not doubting those who say they can do so, but I've also never seen a well constructed case or objective body of evidence that substantiated such a claim either. :newwink:

Cheers,

:cheers:

-Alex

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Gotcha. I understand where you were coming from now. Thanks for the clarification.

An interesting concept.
It is my belief that it is possible to determine people's physical characteristics via observation of their physical behaviors.
A photo of someone predictive relevance for a given moment in time.
A video tells more about a person, but again only so much, and only for a short time period.
Several videos taken over time with an understanding of the events of the subjet's life at the time of each video is worth a hell of alot more.

Yes, it is possible to determine someone's MOOD at a given moment via FACIAL EXPRESSION, or BODY LANGUAGE.
But, not foolproof.
And, IMHO, not a very accurate way to determine someone's MBTI type, or independent cognitive preferences either.

I'm not doubting those who say they can do so, but I've also never seen a well constructed case or objective body of evidence that substantiated such a claim either. :newwink:

Cheers,

:cheers:

-Alex

Well, like I was saying in another forum, I am much more moral than most Ti types I know, and also I am a lot more emotional. It really confuses me.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION]
congratulations on figuring out your type! :hifive:

Edit: I'm not going to spoil the surprise (we talked over the phone about it) but let's just say when you combine his enneatype + MBTI, the reasons behind his typing problems are very understandable.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION]
congratulations on figuring out your type! :hifive:

Edit: I'm not going to spoil the surprise (we talked over the phone about it) but let's just say when you combine his enneatype + MBTI, the reasons behind his typing problems are very understandable.

Apparently I'm a 2 w 3 ENTP. When I found that out all I could say is "WHAT...THE....FUCK?"

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=1009]CzeCze[/MENTION]

[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] gave me his number when he was on personalitycafe to ask me a few questions about his type, give my analysis after interacting with him, and because he was bored and wanted another Ne dom to chat with (he's not gay, in case that's what you were thinking lol)

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

I highly doubt I'm a 2 w 3 core type. I think that I'm a 6 w 7 core type, then 2 w 3 heart type, and 9 w 8 head type. My variants are SO/SX/SP Also, yeah we knew each other through PerC. Also no, I am not gay, and don't have any romantic interest in [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION].

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

I highly doubt I'm a 2 w 3 core type. I think that I'm a 6 w 7 core type, then 2 w 3 heart type, and 9 w 8 head type. My variants are SO/SX/SP Also, yeah we knew each other through PerC. Also no, I am not gay, and don't have any romantic interest in [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION].

:yim_rolling_on_the_

How much do you relate to Louis CK? I think he's a 6w7 so/sp.
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4f9zR5yzY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4f9zR5yzY[/YOUTUBE]

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
:yim_rolling_on_the_

How much do you relate to Louis CK? I think he's a 6w7 so/sp.
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4f9zR5yzY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4f9zR5yzY[/YOUTUBE]

LMAO. I can relate a bit. He seems to have a heavy 8 fix that I don't though.