• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] INTJ 4s?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
CuriousFeeling, your description sounds like me but I'm an infp. I think it just sounds like a 4w5 description, the intj aspect seems potentially irrelevant. (minus the traditional art aspect and maybe functional clothes? Although I think I am
Kind of boring clothes-wise, but unique at the same time.)
No offense or anything. I appreciate the effort-

Same here....a lot of it could describe me.

I'd venture to say the demeanor of an INTJ 4 would actually look more INFPish (a REAL INFP, not the stupid stereotypes) than INFJish.
I'm thinking Trent Reznor is a good example of this (okay, he's probably a 5w4, but he's a Fi heavy INTJ, so much so he could easily be mistyped as INFP, IMO). One reason for this is Fi looks much colder than Fe.

My cousin is INTJ 5w4 (so not a 4 either....but close enough to make a point), and demeanor-wise, he's more like me than his INFJ mom (although she is 3w4 & not 4 either), but thinking-wise, he's probably more similar to his mom (they have a more "strategic" attitude towards life).

Maybe I should chime in. I was in a similar predicament, except I mistyped as an INTP and E5. Eventually I came to the conclusion that I am an INFP, E4.

Part of the problem may have been me deluding myself, as I did not view myself as overly emotional and I felt the terms "idealist" and "romantic" did not really reflect who I am. The terms used to describe E4s were romantic, creative, artistic, dark, moody, etc. Sure I felt some connection to those words, but it seemed too dramatic for me, too diva-ish. Eventually I went pass the surfacy/flowery stuff and looked at the more detailed descriptions, the fixations, in particular the more negative descriptions. It dawned on me finally, and there was this weird feeling in my gut. I guess it was sort of a eureka moment.

So basically, my situation is like yours, except I'm a guy, and I suppose the E4 descriptions felt too emotional and feminine for me, more than I'd like to admit of myself. But with this information, I can relate it to so many of my somewhat neurotic tendencies, such as the avoidant personality association with the type and the fact that despite my obsessive researching/reading of this stuff on this site, I only have a few post count. I believe a lot of it has to do with the identity issues of the type. Fear of exposing too much of myself. It would explain why I have this fear of opening a thread after replying to it with a long response.

I had the similar issues with INFP & e4 descriptions (more emotional & dramatic & "soft" than I see myself). I think these are common "complaints" actually.

I'd still suggest to an INTJ who suspects they are a 4 to check the wings (5w4 & 3w4) & see if maybe one is not a better fit. I don't think reconciling INTJ + e4 is as hard as some other combos people claim (I've seen ESTJ e4 - REALLY? So obviously a 1 disintegrating into 4...).

Cold Roses

I'd still suggest to an INTJ who suspects they are a 4 to check the wings (5w4 & 3w4) & see if maybe one is not a better fit. I don't think reconciling INTJ + e4 is as hard as some other combos people claim (I've seen ESTJ e4 - REALLY? So obviously a 1 disintegrating into 4...).

Yeah, I actually am likely as not a 5w4 sx/sp. That was my second highest when I first took the test...I was also probably feeling a little more emotional than what is normal for me. Death of a friend. Took the test twice more after that and 5w4 was the result. I also seem to have a bit of 8 going on. I should take it again and look at the breakdown...but IIRC last time 5w4 and then oddly enough some kind of 8 were what showed up.

I have a fairly high Fi going on, so that also colors things. I'm cool with it.

Cold Roses

I have just not realized that what I have had to say might be entirely unhelpful, because I am probably not an INTJ. That is all.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What happened? What did you discover?

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
An essential part of the process, no?

Cold Roses

Shilly-shallying, which was actually easy to spot.

Come on, now. I have been around for about a week, and there has been some "shilly-shallying" without trying to conceal it. I'm not sure on what the purpose of that observation was. I suppose some of the people here found their MBTI in one day and didn't question it, but that isn't how it is going down over here. INTJ fits well in most senses. However, I am not nearly as bereft of Se as I have maybe had myself convinced. Not even remotely. On the other hand, that could be explained away by INTJ as well. My issue also stems from having a fairly balance Te/Ti but actually favoring Ti, it looks like. I am tentatively deciding that there may be no use in deciding on this matter right now. I have too much bullshit going on to be sure of where my head is at.

Cold Roses

Hmm. I'm getting more of a 4w5 vibe from you.

Sure you are, and I know exactly why you headed into that direction. Nonetheless, No. I do not think so. How many years have most of you known about MBTI and been thinking about this stuff, I wonder? It's been a week, here. A week. I should probably step back so I don't get even more pronouncements based on my lack of certainty. I have not changed, obviously, in the past week. Nor am I going to. I am just taking in new information about type all the time and I am not ridiculously inflexible. At any rate, maybe all of this is wildly irrelevant, but I find it amusing and tiring.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How dare you question my identity! I am a unique little snowflake! At any rate, this was a bad week for personality ruminations. I'm all over the bloody place. In a few days I have the distinct pleasure of having to inject myself with a vile medication on a weekly basis, which will happily result in me being sick as hell for months on end. Don't mind me and my extreme levels of BS. It can't be helped.

What med is that?

Cold Roses

Edited for extreme over-sharing. Sorry, Aphrodite. I wanted to leave a post for context since your own posts would still be present.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh wow. I am sorry to hear that. :(

But it's great they can cure it sometimes. :hug: Is it like undergoing chemo?

Nicodemus

An essential part of the process, no?
Yes: no.

Come on, now. I have been around for about a week, and there has been some "shilly-shallying" without trying to conceal it. I'm not sure on what the purpose of that observation was. I suppose some of the people here found their MBTI in one day and didn't question it, but that isn't how it is going down over here. INTJ fits well in most senses. However, I am not nearly as bereft of Se as I have maybe had myself convinced. Not even remotely. On the other hand, that could be explained away by INTJ as well. My issue also stems from having a fairly balance Te/Ti but actually favoring Ti, it looks like. I am tentatively deciding that there may be no use in deciding on this matter right now. I have too much bullshit going on to be sure of where my head is at.
I believe you are CuriousFeeling's ghost account, created to finally settle the T/J matter that seems to have vexed and/or fascinated her about herself for some time. For reasons I should not disclose I also believe you (both) are INFJ. A theory on why Tiltyred appears to somehow know you might follow later.

Cold Roses

Hate to break it to you, but you are incredibly wrong and leaping to bizarre conclusions. I may be making a fool out of myself with my lack of knowledge on mbti, but your theory is warped. I hope tilty won't mind me admitting that we met last year on Facebook through a group based on color analysis. I only know about this site through her. Aside from taking the mbti once as a teen (intj was my result), I did not know effall about this stuff. She and a few other women on Facebook piqued my interest. Thanks for playing.

As for the infj thing? Hell, maybe. But I doubt it. Point is that I am no expert in this stuff and I can admit that.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Shoot. I would love to have heard the analysis and the theory. Oh, well.

Cold Roses

Also, Nicodemus- you come across as sharp. I respect that. I am not trying to be a dick, and you could potentially be right about infj. Just not about your other notion. That is utterly and entirely incorrect.