• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] I'm an unhealthy 7. Advice?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been thinking about it, and I think I'm REALLY disintegrated.
- I avoid facing reality like the plague
- I am becoming increasingly condemning, harsh, critical and angry (stress 1, possibly unhealthy wing 8 tendencies)
- I feel like there is this fog clouding my vision, keeping me from concentrating
- my mind is never in the moment. I've almost lost the ability to focus on anything in the moment completely
- histrionic and provocative
does anyone have any advice?

Last edited by a moderator:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Identify something you believe in and work to better it without regard for your own aggrandizement.

:solidarity:

-Alex

VagrantFarce

Let go of any grudges or resentments you might have - they aren't doing you any good.
Meditate, or just breathe slowly and heavily - it will help you empty your head.
Exercise!

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
You might want to change your place of residence to find new stimuli.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You might want to change your place of residence to find new stimuli.

easier said than done, but you are absolutely right

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Good for you on the self-examination, kiddo! ;) :) Hope things improve for you.

Identify something you believe in and work to better it without regard for your own aggrandizement.

:solidarity:

-Alex

I think Halla's advice is absolutely fab - don't think I could add much to it. :solidarity:

VagrantFarce

In all honesty - meditation, exercise or remembering to breathe slowly and calmly is all you need - body-based exercises. The problem is that your mind is moving too quickly, making you afraid, which makes your mind move even quicker, making you even more afraid etc. - so you just need to try slowing it down, which will help you inhabit your own body a bit better. :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In all honesty - meditation, exercise or remembering to breathe slowly and calmly is all you need - body-based exercises. The problem is that your mind is moving too quickly, making you afraid, which makes your mind move even quicker, making you even more afraid etc. - so you just need to try slowing it down, which will help you inhabit your own body a bit better. :)

the problem is just the opposite. I'm lethargic, apathetic and living in this exciting fantasy world that doesn't really exist. my mind is not moving too quickly, it needs a jump start, like something exciting and motivating to chase after

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- I am becoming increasingly condemning, harsh, critical and angry (stress 1, possibly unhealthy wing 8 tendencies)
- I feel like there is this fog clouding my vision, keeping me from concentrating
- my mind is never in the moment. I've almost lost the ability to focus on anything in the moment completely

Elfboy, did you read this? http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54436&p=1809390&viewfull=1#post1809390 It relates pretty well on what you say.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5632]VagrantFarce[/MENTION]
you know, I thought about what you said and you were right, I am afraid. the thing is though, I don't really feel it as an emotion. as long as I am in my head, listening to music or doing something else, I am distracting myself from it, but the moment I turn around to actually face my problems....YIKES! I start to get uncomfortable, looking for a possible mental escape route but when one isn't there to be found, the true feelings of fear begin to emerge.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5632]VagrantFarce[/MENTION]
you know, I thought about what you said and you were right, I am afraid. the thing is though, I don't really feel it as an emotion. as long as I am in my head, listening to music or doing something else, I am distracting myself from it, but the moment I turn around to actually face my problems....YIKES! I start to get uncomfortable, looking for a possible mental escape route but when one isn't there to be found, the true feelings of fear begin to emerge.

i know what you mean. i very rarely realize when i'm stressed because my inclination to distract myself is so strong and i'm really good at it haha

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i know what you mean. i very rarely realize when i'm stressed because my inclination to distract myself is so strong and i'm really good at it haha

then when you turn around and face your fears, it feels like being thrown into an icy pool

G

garbage

Talking it out with trusted friends and therapists has been the best 'bang for the buck' for me.

Look, the fact that you would even think for a moment that you might be unhealthy puts you leagues ahead of most of the world. People tend to deny their problems and do not want to tackle them in any way, especially head-on. Use your assertiveness and self-honesty to your advantage.

You know what I would do? Embrace "ENFP" and "Fi" as symbols. Read some descriptions of those types and truly feel them out. My guess is that the very act of doing so will help with the introspection process, which will also go a long way.

And, yeah, :solidarity: and :hug:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Talking it out with trusted friends and therapists has been the best 'bang for the buck' for me.

Look, the fact that you would even think for a moment that you might be unhealthy puts you leagues ahead of most of the world. People tend to deny their problems and do not want to tackle them in any way, especially head-on. Use your assertiveness and self-honesty to your advantage.

You know what I would do? Embrace "ENFP" and "Fi" as symbols. Read some descriptions of those types and truly feel them out. My guess is that the very act of doing so will help with the introspection process, which will also go a long way.

And, yeah, :solidarity: and :hug:

this is great advice, but I am already well researched on ENFP and Fi (and Te). my solid Fi values and convictions are what keeps me strong, assertive and competent.
the second part you were right about, I now need to use this confidence to face myself and sort out my own issues, what I need to do and how to get there

VagrantFarce

this is great advice, but I am already well researched on ENFP and Fi (and Te). my solid Fi values and convictions are what keeps me strong, assertive and competent.
the second part you were right about, I now need to use this confidence to face myself and sort out my own issues, what I need to do and how to get there

The hardest part is always taking action, since it can feel like conceding defeat in some way. You're basically admitting to yourself that you were wrong to be the way you were. But you come out the other side with a lot of dignity. That was my experience, at least. :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The hardest part is always taking action, since it can feel like conceding defeat in some way. You're basically admitting to yourself that you were wrong to be the way you were. But you come out the other side with a lot of dignity. That was my experience, at least. :)

true dat

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!

3w4