• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 5] Can 5s be badasses?

Starry

I can relate to this. One of my 'things' is to remain calm externally, most especially when I'm in a more dicey/emotionally-incensed atmosphere. And because I deliberately detach more, that's precisely when people start considering me robotic and they really don't like it when I don't give them much to work with and when I extricate the emotion. (a former ENTJ friend called me robotic when we ran into relational problems, and she was the one who was extremely emotionally all over the place / crazy. She *really* did not like it that I played it cool).

I have been meaning to come back to this post for the longest time...and I'm just now doing it???

All I really wanted to say is that I am familiar with 'the robotics'...and unlike your ENTJ (e8?) friend...I have a deep love and appreciation for 'the robotics'. Fortunately...it doesn't happen all that often...but still every once and a while I can become a little 'emotionally overwhelmed'...like if there is a conflict situation...or some sort of emotionally intense situation (even when the emotional intensity is positive in nature)...and I will become anxious and unfocused. To have someone around me that is capable of remaining calm and objective - instantly grounds me and brings me back to reality. And I find this extraordinarly helpful. So anyway...my point...is being able to remain calm...objective...detached...yah that's some serious badassness in my book.

Malleus

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
5w6 here

Friends always comment that I am intimidating and cold appearing. "people penetrating eyes" is one comment that has been made by a friend. Although this may have more to do with me being both an INFJ and a 5 more than just the 5 by itself.

KDude

Start with kidnapping old ladies.

I stole cake from an old lady once.

I also couldn't help from laugh when seeing an old lady trip and break her hip. Something about the moaning was funny at the time.

In all honesty though, it's not good to be a badass. I'm probably going to hell. And I don't want to. /cry

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In all honesty though, it's not good to be a badass. I'm probably going to hell. And I don't want to. /cry

At least you'll have scintillating company, and the band down there is damned good -- they got all the great musicians.

KDude

At least you'll have scintillating company, and the band down there is damned good -- they got all the great musicians.

They might have good bands, but I imagine it'd be like one of those situations where you downed too many shots, and your head is right next to the PA, and everyone's smoking up a storm, the strobe lights and fog are disorienting you, and you just puke right in front of everyone. At that point, I don't care how good the music is. Just want everyone to shut up. So I lay in a parking lot for respite. Except someone calls the cops. And then...

Wait, nevermind. That's earth. Maybe hell is better.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I stole cake from an old lady once.

I also couldn't help from laugh when seeing an old lady trip and break her hip. Something about the moaning was funny at the time.

:greatscott:

Vizzy

Enneagram
5w4
I think I'm pretty badass.
From the way I have no idea how matching colours in clothes works, to how I do not fret over the likely prospect of becoming a spinster.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
MTHRFCKR You dont know how much i envy you... Wish i coud see her, and if god is good talk to her...

It was just a book singning, you know. We just exanged a few words.

There's a woman though, who wanted to give her her glasses, and then she said "oh no! Keep your glasses, I have a prescription", and then she gaved her a big hug.

I found a video of the event, so, this is Patti Smith as she appeared to me: [youtube=TqRgeIho6Mo]Patti Smith @ L'Arbre à lettres, in Bastille Paris Oct 21 2010, 6:00 PM[/youtube]

At one moment she ask how to say "I messed up" in french, someone say "j'ai loupé", it's me.