• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] So/Sp 4

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just curious...
To me is the more "particular" of all the stackings.
From what i read here from other So/Sp 4s is mainly that they are "self conscious".
I dont know if this is the trademark of this stacking... I read too that if they are 4w5 they are easily mistaken for a 5, and if they are 4w3 they look like a 3.
I had a 4w3 friend who fits in what i wrote above.
I see a lot of social criticism in them... I dont know any 4w5 with this stacking ( at least from what i noticed).They will be maybe more philosophers than artistic... But im not sure. :shrug:

The other thing that i've noticed is that they develop a "counter-shame" "
or "social revolutionary" behaviour. Looking Marilyn Manson who is a 4w5 So/Sp this makes a lot of sense...

I dont know how they operate internaly, im only writing behaviours that i saw.

Any thoughts?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Here's a description of the so/sp 4:

4 So/Sp
This subtype can mimic type One when it comes to social values. They can be harsh critics of the current mores. They have romantic ideals of what the world should be like; reality always falls short. Ironically, this type can be the most withdrawn of the Fours. Social anxiety combines with the Four's shame issues to make this type feel that the pressure associated with "fitting in" is just not worth it. They are also the most likely of the Fours to intellectualize their emotions and in this way resemble type Five.

The social instinct tends to give the personality a focus on being included, fitting in, or finding a way to make a valued contribution. This agenda conflicts with the Four's sense of being "different from" or "other than." The Four's need to establish a separate identity conflicts with the social instinct's drive towards inclusion. The social Four often deals with this dilemma by defining themselves as being outside the social system. By defining themselves always in terms of the system, even if it is to establish distance, this Four stays essentially tied to it. Fours with the social/self-pres stacking tend to acutely feel a sense of social shame at not quite belonging.

When this subtype is reasonably healthy, they are often gifted critics of the prevailing culture. They develop true insight into social dynamics and have an eye for the nuances and subtleties of social interactions. Many Four writers are soc/self.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm a 4w5 so/sp :hi:

"Self-conscious" is definitely a word I would use to describe myself. Social critic/commentator is also true of me. :yes: I don't do the counter-shame stuff, though. I sometimes try to act like I don't care what people think, but I really do - and this instinct is very difficult to suppress.

I'm not sure what else you want to know...

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There are profiles of So 3, 4, and 5 here. I am going to guess that they acquire traits of either 3 or 5 from those profiles, depending on the wing. You can also watch the integration/disintegration lines for your friend.