• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] Intellectual 4w3s?

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I, myself, am a 4w3. I'm sure most can't tell with my interactions on TypeC, but in my everyday life, one of the more common descriptions for myself has been that I'm a very wise person. Sure, wise and intellectual may not be the exact same, but I need to feel special. So there!

Actually, I feel like I'm way more "intellectual" than I am "smart". I have a desire to research and learn and better myself in that way.

Hyacinth

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't see why a 4w3 couldn't be intellectual. IMO, no type is necessarily more intellectual than any other.

Q

Qatie:)

i know a few 4w5 people who are freaking dumb as poop. poop, mind you.
as for the 4w3 i can think of none

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
I'm a 4w3 and I'm not sure if it's directly affected by your other fixes (my head fix is 5w6) but I consider myself to be very intellectual.
Remember that 3 and 5 are both within the competency triad.

Standuble

i know a few 4w5 people who are freaking dumb as poop. poop, mind you.
as for the 4w3 i can think of none

Upon reading the word "MISTYPE!!!!!" appeared in my mind in big letters. Whether this conclusion is based in anything but my own elitism and bigotry would be anyone's guess but I think you are mistyped as are your group of dumb "4w5s" who are probably sixes who mistake fitting in with the counter-culture scene for being individualist and non-culture (4s are the latter!) There is a huge difference.

Go back and take the test again.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i do think 4w3 tends to give a snobbish exterior to people. And im sure its at least partly to blame why people often consider me an intellectual when my own faith in my intelligence has been destroyed. The whole faith in my intelligence itself is close to my heart, i cant truly be myself when i dont trust my own intellective abilities.

Anyone else there who has that issue of requiring faith in your intelligence thing, or even if its not currently an issue to you