• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] e6 is the worst enneagram type

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think you are near identical either, you are very differents. I still associate you with 6w7 Sp/So (like Millhouse) and Elfboy with 7w8 Sp/Sx (like Gambit).

I lean 7w6 for him personally. he seems more hakuna matata/non conscientious than a core 6. Sp/Sx or Sp/So I'm less sure of (I see elements of both)

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I will say that I've got some trouble differentiating between Enneagram 6 and Ni to some degree. At least, they seem to have some behavioral manifestations in common, such as 'wanting to know what's "really" going on,' continually asking the next question, and so on. Though I'm slapping the Ne label on myself at present, those tendencies are why I (and some others) have typed myself as Ni-dominant at times and why I still continue to identify with Ni to a great degree.

At least, I'll say that I identified pretty much completely with what [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] wrote. For reference, I'm a near-definite 6.

Nothing much to say on the subject at present--I'll think about it and post some thoughts if I gather any--but I'm interested to see how Ni/e6 can be reconciled or separated as well :popc1:

Being a CP E6, I'll say I don't identify with your description of finding out "what's really going on". That may be more Ni in INFJ.

As an E6, once I sense I have enough information collected, I'm pretty confident that I already know what's really going on. Whether others follow that belief is irrelevant. (hello, CP) Most of the time, they aren't clued into what I'm noticing. It's not a fact finding mission or a down the rabbit hole approach. There's these constant but subconscious pin-drops in your mind about surroundings, people, objects. You're really clued in to nuances. It's a hyper-vigilence to danger that gives you a bigger picture and it's an automatic thing. Think 24/7 sonar and getting "pings" when something doesn't look, feel or act right.

For instance, a real life scenario. Friends and I are at a bar. We are talking. The crowd is normal. I tell my friends that a fight is about to break out. They look around and not seeing or hearing anything abnormal, continue with our conversation. About a minute or two later a fight breaks out. I get a "how did you know that?" kind of response. They didn't notice the tension in one guy's shoulders or how closely he was talking to the other guy, etc, etc.

I'm sure E6 ISTP looks different than E6 INFJ. We both have Ni but I'm not sure that's Ni at work. E6's guiding force is an escape from fear derived by anxiety. Ni doesn't have roots in that.

I think Ni is that AHA! moment of brilliance that comes to you and you just know. Personally, I think I've had Ni moments when I'm fixing or trying to figure something out I haven't seen before and I'm reaching toward a fix because it "feels right" rather than "what seems to be correct". Like, my brain on auto-pilot.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lol, it's this type of reactive behavior that bothers me most about myself. If you're not afraid, why are you making a freakin song about it? The superego is a giant twat.

I see…

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I would also agree that it is the worst type. I'm pretty sure they all die an early age due to cortisol overdose. Also, despite what I've read, they seem to make horrible advisers.

E6: YOU NEED A SIGN FOR YOUR BUSINESS
me: *buys banners and posts them*
E6: THOSE WEREN'T APPROVED! WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO!?
me: *takes banners down and asks for approval*
E6: I CALLED THE LANDLORD AND THEY'RE NOT RESPONDING, WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO?!
me: *puts banners back up*
E6: BUT...!
me: *starts business*
E6: BUT YOU DON'T HAVE A BUSINESS LICENSE YET!
me: *starts talking to city counsel*
E6: DON'T TELL THEM YOU'RE DOING BUILDOUT, THEY'RE GONNA SHUT DOWN YOUR BUSINESS!
me: *Doesn't tell them. Gets interrogated by building inspector.*
E6: OMG WHEN HE COMES DON'T LET HIM IN THAT SIDE OF THE BUILDING, JUST SAY IT DOESN'T BELONG TO YOU!
me: *does as told. Gets interrogated and business license suspended.*
E6: OMG WHAT ARE WE GOONNNA DO?!
me: *deletes E6 broker's number from phone, tells the truth to city counsel, gets business license, calls landlord himself gets permission for banners, and begins operating a successful business.*

Also, when I walked into the city counsel building, it was filled with 6's. The way they treated me made it seem like I walked into a nightmarish limbo. Everyone had these looks of existential terror in their eyes and spoke to me as if my world was going to collapse in on itself. I got the hell out of there quick.

Also, my design director is an E6, and can't for the life of him make up his mind. He wanted to run the gym himself, and when we first met he made it a point to tell me and I quote, "I'm a badass and I've been in a lot of fights." I also notice he tends to find strawman targets to be assertive toward, like, he'll constantly say stuff like, "DON'T FUCK WITH THE IRS." The gym didn't happen, so now I'm in charge. He comes to me with all these problems, he doesn't trust banks (lol) and then makes fun of me whenever I make a mistake. Now that I have the gym, he calls me sir, kisses my ass 24/7, and a buncha other shit. I really don't like it. This can't be human behavior.

On top of all this, from what I understand, starting a relationship with them is damn near impossible unless you want flakey hot and cold and spontaneous harassment.

S

Stansmith

Yeah, it's embarassing and depressing. I'd take a 4's fuschia colored internal world of opera ballads over being a paranoid sweaty accountant in an oversized greyish-brown suit.

I feel like a raisin in a jar full of tropical skittles. Anytime I feel special I see a crowd full of little awkward 6w7s reminding me of my place in the world.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
to be honest this was originally going to be a rant thread, but i figured the moderators wouldn't very much appreciate that and i could use some enlightenment. So basically i've run across a few male 6s in my life who were counterphobic beyond belief and i can't figure out for the life of me how someone who is supposedly centered in the thinking triad would think this would be a logical approach to life. I mean really if you watch these guys its like they'll light a lighter underneath the curtain to see if the house catches on fire. but they supposedly want this house to be their eternal safe haven? whaaat??? can someone please explain.

Counter-phobic 6's act counter-phobicly because they would rather fight the fear than to run from it. 6's tend to have a fight or flight reaction to fear, and some are somewhere in between. Counter-phobic 6's just tend to exclusively fight the fear.

S

Stansmith

he doesn't trust banks (lol) and then makes fun of me whenever I make a mistake

He's trying to make conversation and hoping that you'll play along, laugh with him and become best friends. We assume that if we just say something you'll carry the conversation for us and make us feel at ease and approved of.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Yeah, it's embarassing and depressing. I'd take a 4's fuschia colored internal world of opera ballads over being a paranoid sweaty accountant in an oversized greyish-brown suit.

I feel like a raisin in a jar full of tropical skittles. Anytime I feel special I see a crowd full of little awkward 6w7s reminding me of my place in the world.

haha... dude. "I think therefore I am." You just need to feel earth's chi flowing into your empty soul. Let it fill you up and propel you to your destination. Don't just tell yourself you can do something, KNOW it. It takes practice. Sitting around hoping it happens is going to make you miserable. Everytime you do something that makes you uncomfortable, you're growing. Its the reason why navy seals say, "when you finish buds, you feel like you can actually accomplish anything." The thing about being an 8 is that you already know you can do everything it just hasn't happened yet. But as a 6, you're just going to have to push your limits until you learn what those are.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Curiously, this is a very 4 sort of thought. Regardless of your type, maybe you are more tropical than you realize :)

Scheherezade

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
haha... dude. "I think therefore I am." You just need to feel earth's chi flowing into your empty soul. Let it fill you up and propel you to your destination. Don't just tell yourself you can do something, KNOW it. It takes practice. Sitting around hoping it happens is going to make you miserable. Everytime you do something that makes you uncomfortable, you're growing. Its the reason why navy seals say, "when you finish buds, you feel like you can actually accomplish anything." The thing about being an 8 is that you already know you can do everything it just hasn't happened yet. But as a 6, you're just going to have to push your limits until you learn what those are.

:smile: i can`t actually put my finger on what is wrong with this, some help ?

CheshireCat

MBTI Type
GOO
Enneagram
Hm. Whenever I discover a six in my life I am thrilled :) Infact, my most fulfilling friendships have been with that type... perhaps that is because the "missing piece" to a nine is found within the six:

“The “missing piece" is the last quality of our psyche that we need for dissolving the habitual identity that we have had. As a Nine, you most need to learn from the healthy Levels of Six to learn to rely on yourself and to grow in adversity. This finally dissolves your typical disengagement and avoidance of any form of conflict. Think about this today.”
— Understanding the Enneagram, p. 321

The counter phobic six I knew addressed his fears with a sense of humor that illuminated his fears in a light-hearted manner. The phobic six I know now... :wubbie:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hm. Whenever I discover a six in my life I am thrilled :) Infact, my most fulfilling friendships have been with that type... perhaps that is because the "missing piece" to a nine is found within the six:

“The “missing piece" is the last quality of our psyche that we need for dissolving the habitual identity that we have had. As a Nine, you most need to learn from the healthy Levels of Six to learn to rely on yourself and to grow in adversity. This finally dissolves your typical disengagement and avoidance of any form of conflict. Think about this today.”
— Understanding the Enneagram, p. 321

The counter phobic six I knew addressed his fears with a sense of humor that illuminated his fears in a light-hearted manner. The phobic six I know now... :wubbie:

:)

I liked this, too:

Enneagram Institute said:
Enneagram Type Six (the Loyalist)
with
Enneagram Type Nine (the Peacemaker)

What Each Type Brings to the Relationship

This is one of the most stable and most common relationships. Although both types are very different, they want rather similar things—security and predictability (Sixes) and stability and autonomy (Nines). They both want their lives to be built on solid, dependable values and for good, honest work to be rewarded. Both types tend to personify "middle of the road" values in their time and culture, to be dutiful, respectful of authority, and to abide by the rule of law. On the other hand, there is a rebellious streak in Sixes and a counterculture streak in Nines that allows some of these couples to live on the fringes of society, to be unusual in their lifestyle and beliefs, to be free thinkers and unconcerned about conventional values and mores.

More for Sixes and Nines than for most couples, much depends on their belief systems and the quality of their childhood experiences—and they are looking for a partner who will mirror this, including their own beliefs and reactions. To this mix, there are also complementary differences: Sixes bring a more active mind, questioning and alert to exceptions, to problems, and to safety issues. They can be more skeptical of others and find it more difficult to be trusting: others need to prove themselves first. Nines, on the other hand, are usually trusting and unquestioning, sunny and easy to get along with. They are optimistic and steady, offering support and non-threatening acceptance. If Sixes tend to see the exception and to focus on complications, Nines tend to see the general and to focus on what will work without problems. This couple gets along well, greasing each other's wheels and adding just enough gas to the mix to keep them moving forward together. Change, when it comes, is slow and methodical. Both tend to see themselves as simple, regular people and do not feel special or exempt in any way. Both bolster the other's confidence through their solidarity with each other. They are generous with each other and do not crowd the other or make special demands. When they find a relationship such as this, it usually feels like they have found what their heart has been seeking and their dream has come true.

I'm in a 6/9 relationship. It's been wonderful.