• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] e6 is the worst enneagram type

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
By contrast, I view doubt as a good thing, as long as it isn't profuse. I don't think it's good to blindly accept or reject something without any doubt.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There are good groups to be apart of and bad groups, groups who steal and hurt others (or each other) or groups who are more healing and positive. Some people(probably 6's) cling onto the wrong groups to feel secure with themselves.

That's Social 6's, bud.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not this stupid thread again. Get over yourselves, realise that a lot of you actually ARE 6s, stop trying to smear us, move on. ;)

G

garbage

Not this stupid thread again. Get over yourselves, realise that a lot of you actually ARE 6s, stop trying to smear us, move on. ;)
My bad. I revived this thread because I had a 6-related post and this was a 6-related thread. Maybe I should have started another one so that we didn't have to relive the 6 hate :doh:

That's Social 6's, bud.
No, it isn't. At least, not necessarily. My post, the one that revived this thread, was all about how exactly doubt manifests itself in me, someone who sees himself as a social 6.

In general, we ought to stop using typology to pass the buck and instead use it to take a good, solid look at ourselves.

We're also not going to get a solid understanding of types and of human nature if we don't listen to experiences "from the horse's mouth."

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay... so basically you're saying that what [MENTION=13609]Hazashin[/MENTION] rebutted you with (social 6s) isn't true because it applies to your own personal take on 6isms... as a social 6? Wait what.

G

garbage

Okay... so basically you're saying that what [MENTION=13609]Hazashin[/MENTION] rebutted you with (social 6s) isn't true because it applies to your own personal take on 6isms... as a social 6? Wait what.

The chain is as follows: jixmixfix initially stated that it's probably 6's who cling to (wrong) groups for security, Hazashin clarified that it is social 6s who do so, and I stated that I don't exhibit that behavior as a social 6. I also referred to my previous post to explain how exactly doubt does manifest in me.

Hazashin didn't offer a rebuttal for me; he offered a rebuttal for jixmixfix. Additionally, I'm saying that what Hazashin stated does not apply to me.

Aerorobyn

MBTI Type
Te<3
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
I always get mistaken for a 5 or 8 anyways, even with people I know irl, so I guess it doesn't matter too much.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe? Just Something tangible for comparison purposes.

have you ever read about the core motivations? or biggest fears and each types coping mechanisms? i would guess that you identify most with either the 7 or the 6. i definitely feel 6 ish but know that my main drive and motivation is that of a 7.

Permabanned
have you ever read about the core motivations? or biggest fears and each types coping mechanisms? i would guess that you identify most with either the 7 or the 6. i definitely feel 6 ish but know that my main drive and motivation is that of a 7.

Yeah, I have, I find it's too subjective/blurry to pinpoint accurately, hence was looking for more insight.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Maybe we should have a whole thread dedicated to awesome 6s in fiction (and RL)?

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What, here? Shouldn't we start a new one?...

Yeah, I meant start it elsewhere. I was just naming someone to start off with for the thread. :yes:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The chain is as follows: jixmixfix initially stated that it's probably 6's who cling to (wrong) groups for security, Hazashin clarified that it is social 6s who do so, and I stated that I don't exhibit that behavior as a social 6. I also referred to my previous post to explain how exactly doubt does manifest in me.

Hazashin didn't offer a rebuttal for me; he offered a rebuttal for jixmixfix. Additionally, I'm saying that what Hazashin stated does not apply to me.

I don't think what [MENTION=7278]jixmixfix[/MENTION] said is accurate at all.

Maybe it's helpful to go back to what the enneagram is. A person's core fixation (enneagram type) represents a couple of things: 1) a distinct way of distorting reality and 2) a "ruling passion" that reflects a particular motivational bias. For the E6, it's about fear and anxiety - that is the distorting motivation. So, what does a 6 do in response? They take actions to reduce the fear or anxiety: A) retreat or yield (phobic) or B) confront and challenge (counter-phobic). Other related and associated responses include avoiding situations which would give rise to those feelings, thinking of what can go wrong and taking precautions to prevent them from happening, building financial and relational stability into their lives, etc. This has little to nothing to do with clinging to “wrong groups.”

Let's take a concrete example of a character many would be familiar with. William Wallace in the movie Braveheart is an example of an E6. Would William Wallace cling to a "wrong group"? He would no more do so than a 9 (who doesn't want to rock the boat) or a 3 (who wants to be perceived well by others) or a 4 (who is idealistic to a cause).

I’ll take myself as an example. I have ideas – often strong ones – that I believe are correct. However, the challenge at times is when it comes down to acting. I can be afraid to act entirely on my own perceptions because I may be wrong. What I consciously or unconsciously do is to surround myself with others that I can bounce things off of. I’m not looking just for yes people people who will agree with me. If anything that makes me less confident because of the lack of critical thinking that’s applied. I’m looking for people who have an opinion or will challenge my thinking. It doesn’t mean I’m going to do what they say. I do however use this process to help validate my perceptions and thinking. Sometimes of course, I just decide and don’t listen much to anyone (maybe that’s the INTJishness). Sometimes that works out brilliantly and other times it’s a disaster. Getting the right balance between these two things is what’s tricky because you need to have confidence in your own perceptions and thought process but not so much that you are blind and arrogant. The other thing is that while involving others in decisions and gaining consensus can be important to get things implemented, you don't want to be paralyzed from acting for fear of losing your support.