• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] e6 is the worst enneagram type

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's a 1, I believe. 4's want to have their own identity that's different and separate from others.

You're right. However, I associate 4s with INFPs and INFJs that I do perceive as being idealistic.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're right. However, I associate 4s with INFPs and INFJs that I do perceive as being idealistic.

Understandably.

I actually happen to have a close friend who's a relatively extraverted ENFP 4w5 Sx/So that's atypical of most 4's that I get to observe frequently. He's quite a predicament, as he needs to validate his own internal beliefs that he is different than everybody else externally.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
The chain is as follows: jixmixfix initially stated that it's probably 6's who cling to (wrong) groups for security, Hazashin clarified that it is social 6s who do so, and I stated that I don't exhibit that behavior as a social 6. I also referred to my previous post to explain how exactly doubt does manifest in me.

Hazashin didn't offer a rebuttal for me; he offered a rebuttal for jixmixfix. Additionally, I'm saying that what Hazashin stated does not apply to me.

Yeah but you probably cling to the groups that your with for security. Sixs don't necessarily have to be social to feel confined to a group. A six would probably feel very guilty about leaving someone they've already established a relationship with.

G

garbage

Yeah but you probably cling to the groups that your with for security. Sixs don't necessarily have to be social to feel confined to a group.
No, no I don't. I can't think of any groups that I actually belong to, let alone cling to, let alone cling to for security.

A six would probably feel very guilty about leaving someone they've already established a relationship with.
And one way in which my fears do manifest is guilt. I do want to be able to be there for other people, I generally want my relationships with other people to work, and it's difficult (but not impossible) for me to cut them off when the relationship is past its prime.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
6w5 Sp/So is probably the uncoolest enneagram variant.

G

garbage

I’ll take myself as an example. I have ideas – often strong ones – that I believe are correct. However, the challenge at times is when it comes down to acting. I can be afraid to act entirely on my own perceptions because I may be wrong. What I consciously or unconsciously do is to surround myself with others that I can bounce things off of. I’m not looking just for yes people people who will agree with me. If anything that makes me less confident because of the lack of critical thinking that’s applied. I’m looking for people who have an opinion or will challenge my thinking. It doesn’t mean I’m going to do what they say. I do however use this process to help validate my perceptions and thinking. Sometimes of course, I just decide and don’t listen much to anyone (maybe that’s the INTJishness). Sometimes that works out brilliantly and other times it’s a disaster. Getting the right balance between these two things is what’s tricky because you need to have confidence in your own perceptions and thought process but not so much that you are blind and arrogant. The other thing is that while involving others in decisions and gaining consensus can be important to get things implemented, you don't want to be paralyzed from acting for fear of losing your support.

Man, this, especially the bolded, resonates with me.

Gathering others' perceptions doesn't mean that I'm going to do what they say; if their ideas oppose mine, I may even reinforce my ideas if I find 'holes' in theirs. .. and I can be very good at finding holes.

In a group setting, we ought to be a fully-functioning whole, which means that we should conflict from time to time so that we can reach a greater understanding overall. I carry this line of thinking to myself as well. I want myself to be a fully-functioning whole (contrary to the dependent and clingy stereotypical nature of the 6), so I carry a 'committee' of sorts in my head to shoot holes in my own perceptions from a variety of angles.

It's just that I hold very little as absolute, and I tend to want lots of information before I make decisions. I also tend to have multiple reasons for doing anything. If I make a decision, it should be the right one. In seeking a balance like that which you've described, that which I believe leads to correct decisions, I tend to overthink things. That's one of my flaws.

I realize, rationally, that one of the best ways to get more information is to just freakin' act and get feedback from the outside world by way of a reaction, but it's still sometimes difficult to do.

Too bad I can't find anything in what I've quoted that I flat-out disagree with, because I might be regarded as inconsistent :wink:

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm very close to being the uncoolest, then. I think that I have pretty balanced wings (I identify both with 6w5 and 6w7), but I probably lean more 6w5. And I've tested sp/so before, though I identify more with sp/sx. (I think the sp/so is due to social demands/too much Fe. :D )

Fortunately, I mask it all under a veneer of coolness! :D I felt so uncool for so many years of my life that I still feel surprised and wary when people call me "cool", which happens surprisingly often. ;)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Did you guy see who are the 6w5 Sp/So?

220px-George_H._W._Bush,_President_of_the_United_States,_1989_official_portrait.jpg

BobDole2.jpg

250px-46_Dick_Cheney_3x4.jpg

Pope-knocked-down.jpg

nixon-300x202.jpg

friends_ross_240x260_052820041524.jpg

Pretty much the uncoolest peopme of the world, and thoses are representatives of the ones I know IRL.

Actually 5w6 Sp/So is possible even more uncool, there's some pretty cool 6w5 Sp/So, including Daved Letterman and The Janitor form Scrubs. But 5w6 Sp/So...

bill-gates.jpg

222px-The_Simpsons-Jeff_Albertson.png

arton15836-12308.jpg

I also know a few in real life, they are all horribly uncool.

Anyway, it seems that there's theses variant where there's a concentration of extremely uncool people. We can't deny it.

And the coolest??

That's more difficumlt to say, but the uncoolest must be an Sx-last and the coolest can't be an Sx-last, I think.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good thing I changed my old typing of 6w5 sp/so to something cooler :banana:

Actually, you are not a 6w5 Sp/So, and not a 7w6 Sp/So and not A 6w7 Sp/Sx or a 6w7 So/Sp either as you put it in you signature. You are at the middle of all this: a 6w7 Sp/So. It' time for you to stop staying moving around and have some guts to assertively recognize your real type, the truth will liberate yourself.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This 'uncool' talk is hilarious!!! I get what you're saying, but as with most things, the judgment call on this trait is so subjective. I mean, I happily take 'uncool' over: obnoxious, ignorant, attention-span-of-a-fruitfly, pushover, etc etc.

Funny though.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This 'uncool' talk is hilarious!!!

That's the goal.

I get what you're saying, but as with most things, the judgment call on this trait is so subjective. I mean, I happily take 'uncool' over: obnoxious, ignorant, attention-span-of-a-fruitfly, pushover, etc etc.

Funny though.

There may be a part of subjectivity, but there's also always a strong part of objectivity. I mean, sometimes it's a matter of subjective tastes, but at the exception of some republican/neoconservatives nuts, everyones would agree that George Bush Sr, Bob Dole and Dick Cheney are uncool, no?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There may be a part of subjectivity, but there's also always a strong part of objectivity. I mean, sometimes it's a matter of subjective tastes, but at the exception of some republican/neoconservatives nuts, everyones would agree that George Bush Sr, Bob Dole and Dick Cheney are uncool, no?

To be honest, I'm not sure 'uncool' would have crossed my mind to describe any of them. Serious, straight-laced, uptight, All-business-no-time-for-fun (unless you're out hunting and hit a person? lol)? Maybe. But now we're getting into defining 'uncool', which I don't really want to get into. ;)

But yeah.. generally I understand the various examples and what you're trying to convey.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Did you guy see who are the 6w5 Sp/So?

Pretty much the uncoolest peopme of the world, and thoses are representatives of the ones I know IRL.
d6b.gif