• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 5] e5 so types and brainstorming instinctual subtype possibilities

VagrantFarce

Mark Zuckerberg is a stereotypycal Sp/So: submissive and want to fit in, but protective about his security and safety. So/Sp are more "enlarging" people, they are more dynamic, energetic and spontaneously sociable.

The last word I would use for that character is submissive :laugh:

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I can see sp/so for Zuckerberg. He's got that "needs to prove to himself that he can behave and come across as socially able" vibe I've gotten from 5w6 sp/so people I've known. (A small sample group, but I'm a nerd with nerd friends, so a reasonable number.)

Meanwhile, the so/sp 5w6s I've known, although not exactly social butterflies, are more comfortable in their ability to express their ideas and will, oddly, often be more willing to be nasty and confrontational if they feel they've been provoked. (Movie Zuckerberg is definitely an so/sp in my estimation.)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can see sp/so for Zuckerberg. He's got that "needs to prove to himself that he can behave and come across as socially able" vibe I've gotten from 5w6 sp/so people I've known. (A small sample group, but I'm a nerd with nerd friends, so a reasonable number.)

Meanwhile, the so/sp 5w6s I've known, although not exactly social butterflies, are more comfortable in their ability to express their ideas and will, oddly, often be more willing to be nasty and confrontational if they feel they've been provoked.

Yes, true.

(Movie Zuckerberg is definitely an so/sp in my estimation.)

I think that can be in part because the actor himself is an So/Sp (6w7).

kissmyasthma

MBTI Type
I???
Enneagram
huh
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think I'm a 5w6 so/sp, but I suppose sp/so is also a possibility. I can (and love to be) talkative about my areas of interest, and that's the kind of thing I use to find my role in a group. And I don't know if this has much to do with personality type, but people are consistently surprised by how good of a public speaker I can be. Most of the time I seem a little awkward, alternating between the "talkative nerd" and being a recluse, so I guess nobody expects that I'd be any good getting up in front of a group of people and giving a speech or a presentation or teaching a class. And the truth is, I always like it more than I expect to.