• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 5] Sexual 5's

Cactus

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Hello everyone. :) I have nailed down my type as 5w4, I'm absolutely sure of this. Next is determining my instincts, which is a bit trickier for me, I'm leaning towards sexual but I want to hear from other sexual 5's first:

How does the passion of avarice show in you?

Have you ever experienced a pull between wanting to connect and needing to retreat?

Has a lack of confidence in navigating through the world hindered you from pursuing the object of your desire?

Have you ever rationalized not pursuing a relationship because you feel you can't meet the needs (particularly emotional) of others?

When you feel a strong attraction to someone or something, how do you act?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To start off, I'm not completely sure if I'm sx because I've barely given it much thought.

I'm just coming to terms with what a "passion of avarice" is, tbh, so I'm not sure how to answer this.

Have you ever experienced a pull between wanting to connect and needing to retreat?

Certainly, often I will connect to someone as an intimate friend, and I very much like that feeling (and crave it later). But then I will isolate myself from them and we go back to being strangers, but I really want to be close again, and it almost becomes a cycle. I'm drawn to people in general, but the fear that I am not good enough drives me away.

Has a lack of confidence in navigating through the world hindered you from pursuing the object of your desire?

I can build the confidence and throw myself out there sometimes, but I need to let go, and it's very difficult. Last time I did it, I stopped feeling anything after a couple of weeks and completely disappeared... she was shy, and I wasn't sure if I could handle going out to nightclubs all the time like she did.

Have you ever rationalized not pursuing a relationship because you feel you can't meet the needs (particularly emotional) of others?

All the time. I meet these high energy types and feel that I can only satiate them temporarily before my reserve runs dry. I don't know how I could ever sustain a long relationship let alone a marriage when I'm older. I am very loyal, but not always around. I feel I know exactly what will happen if I become attached, and I don't want that to happen, so I often do nothing.

I find that I can't act, I picture the future, what we could share and do. This is sometimes enough to drive me to action, but I usually just indulge in feelings for a while and eventually it burns away. I was bugged into admitting these feelings once, but I just felt awkward afterwards.

My brothers girlfriend (E2) asks me these kind of questions often, but I don't like answering them at all, feels way too exposing. :blush:

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't answer your questions because Im not a 5.
My opinion is only external...

The Sx 5s are known as the counterphobic 5s.
There is a push pull thing in them, between expand emotionally (really emotionally) with other people and withdraw in their shells ( specially Sx/Sp)
To me they seem self confident, (maybe w6). Well at least not evidently low self esteem.
They are more openly eccentrics too. But still cold and detached. When i get to know them a little more the Sx component is clear and strong.
I never knew a Sx 5 woman. At least not so well
They seem very intriguing to me ... :tongue:

Bye

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I'm more sp/sx than sx/sp now that I've looked into it and thought about it a bit. Seems like so and sx are both somewhat counter-phobic when paired with 5. Well, if you enjoy warm beds, long showers, sunshine and great meals as much as I do, then you're sp :D.

VagrantFarce

I always post this when sexual fives come up, but hey - I like it:

[youtube=ilYnB9u72yg]5 sx[/youtube]

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Hello everyone. :) I have nailed down my type as 5w4, I'm absolutely sure of this. Next is determining my instincts, which is a bit trickier for me, I'm leaning towards sexual but I want to hear from other sexual 5's first:

I'm extremely prone to hoarding my time, attention, effort, knowledge, etc. Anything I see as a personal resource, I tend to default to a position of withholding whenever I sense it's wanted or desired by anything external. A lot of decisions with dealing with the external world have a consideration for how much of my energy I'm willing to allow the world to use.

Of course. Typically this takes the form of being very hot and cold to the casual observer. Desire and connection on my terms only, nobody else's, which seems [and is] incredibly unfair and selfish.

At times. You feel as though you just need more: more time, more information, more insight, a better perspective...so you amass and hoard information rather than risking what you have for direct experience, which is initially threatening to the 5 fixation of detachment. It can be difficult to get through. You must learn to trust your mind and your abilities.

Also, the world, with all it's requirements in networking, and knowing the right people, and presentation, can be very intimidating because we are naturally not very good at these things, we don't find them important, and these activities are energetically demanding.

Yes. A lot of this has to do with inaccurate expectations and perceptions of incurred obligations due to coupling oneself with the needs of another. Only through some trial and error [again, direct experience] can you craft and mold a connection into something that works for 2.

Creepily. Heavy information gathering. A person is an interest, and is studied, dissected, and analyzed identically.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you really think that's true? Doesn't everyone like those things?

I have no idea, I'm mostly just guessing from what I've observed and what the sp descriptions are like. The main interest I usually have is to be comfortable, with just a tinge of sx qualities and practically no so.

Creepily. Heavy information gathering. A person is an interest, and is studied, dissected, and analyzed identically.

Interesting, from the sounds of it, you gather and horde more information about everything than I do. I think I just indulge in feelings sometimes. I wonder if sp + 5 is about hording information?