• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] Is a Type 4 INTJ Completely Unheard Of?

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Is a Type 4 INTJ completely out of the realm of possibility? How would that work out in a person?

Silveresque

This description was posted by [MENTION=8888]CuriousFeeling[/MENTION] on another thread:
INTJ type 4's are very rare. They are emotional, but the emotions run under the surface... it's not obvious. You might notice that they wear a unique style of clothing that is them, but very functional. When it comes to their work, they will go out of their way to make sure it is original to their style, and keep themselves from being in a specific niche. They are very creative in solving problems, and want to make sure it is done their way, with their own flair. They will tend to romanticize intellectual pursuits and ideas, and if they have artistic abilities, will produce work that is reflective of romanticism, yearning, but the romanticism goes through a brain filter. You will notice that an INTJ 4 will have an air of refinement and elegance to them, very sophisticated, yet they are soft-spoken. While they are confident on what they know, don't know, and their abilities, they might be hard on themselves, especially when they don't achieve the desired outcome of their goals. INTJ 4's will never, or rarely, compromise who they are and what they create just to make it more popular. They want to adhere to their inner values. INTJ 4's are very unassuming and may have a difficult time promoting their vision. They feel much more comfortable being in the background. You might notice an INTJ 4 will have a wannabe rebellious streak, and their form of rebellion will be an intellectual/artistic adventure. They might read literature that contains individualistic themes, presents a cynical view of authority, and will tend to like art that varies from the traditional to things that have an almost dark quality to it. They might like listening to music that is a bit intense, but also like music that is slow and heavy, and the delicate and beautiful. They are difficult to please when it comes to artistic and musical tastes, and may not like what is trendy, they avoid trends at all costs. INTJ 4's are also in their own worlds... they may find books, music, and art better than the chaotic/noisy world around them.

Never argue with an INTJ 4 though... be prepared for them to get a bit defensive, and temperamental.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Yeah, I wonder if such a 4 would have an especially strong 5-wing. I know for me, I've juggled between 4w5 and 5w4, and recently 1w9. But my MBTI has been pretty consistently INxJ.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes you INFJ.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Here's some examples of INTJ 4's:

Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass, 4w3 sp/sx)
Edward Cullen (Twilight, 4w5 sx/sp)
Severus Snape (Harry Potter, 4w5 so/sx)
The Count (The Count of Monte Cristo, 4w3 sp/sx)
Dracula (Gary Oldman version, 4w3 sx/sp)
Heathcliff (Wuthering Heights, 4w3 sp/sx)
Richard Nixon (4w3 sx/so)
Ludwig van Beethoven (4w5 sx/sp)

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
I thought I was a 4w5, but then I read that "Intellectual Fours tend to mistakenly type themselves as Fives, and a heavy wing can certainly exacerbate this tendency. Fours however, unlike Fives, tend to be self-revealing and comfortable with emotional expression."

I'm very shy so I don't really express myself. If I didn't have social anxiety disorder, then I most likely would be a 4w5 INTJ.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

- Snape is Sx/Sp
- Lelouch is an 8w7 (see my latest post in the MBTI of Anime Characters thread)
- Richard Nixon is 6w5

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
- Snape is Sx/Sp
- Lelouch is an 8w7 (see my latest post in the MBTI of Anime Characters thread)
- Richard Nixon is 6w5

Their types are debetable, but to be honest I didn't actually write this list, I just copied it from another thread.

Bamboozle

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTJs do have Fi as their tertiary. I suppose it would depend how that tertiary function was expressed.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram

That's a very cheerful lot, isn't it?:D