User Tag List

First 6789 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    ISFj Fi

i never touch caffeine. i'm a slow metabolizer according to 23andme, and i'm sensitive to it. whenever i drink coffee or even soda i have trouble sleeping

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

9s are prone to addiction in general because they avoid internal conflict through external means.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

My husband is a 9 and he loves coffee. He drinks a pot most days so maybe 5-6 large mugs. I have a couple cups. I drink iced tea the rest of the day but it's decaf.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    974 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I used to drink decaf up until towards the end of my college years... then when I told a friend one night during winter finals week, she made it her mission that night to make sure I’d have my first “real” coffee. I’ve been spoiled since, can’t have decaf anymore because the caffeinated stuff is waaaaay better imo.
    “The world breaks everyone, then some become strong at the broken places.” ~Ernest Hemingway

Johari: https://kevan.org/johari?name=~MS*ANGEL~
    Nohari: https://kevan.org/nohari?name=~MS*ANGEL~

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    "And then, raising my lids slowly and looking out from underneath my lashes, i captured him with my eyes"

Logic Fairy Hermit of the Forest's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

I love coffee, but I only have 1-2 cups a day. Anymore and I start feeling a bit sick. My only real addictions are internet and audiobooks.
    Chase the adventure. Cherish the joy.

Cu·ri·ous
    adjective
    1. Eager to know or learn something.
    2. Strange; unusual.

INTP ~ 9w1 2w1 5w6 so/sx ~ Burned Hufflepuff
    Ti > Fe > Fi > Si > Ne = Se > Te = Ni

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so

I think caffeine addiction specifically is so widespread that it transcends Enneagram types.

Addiction in general, can happen to any type. Maybe some types are seen as more prone but there are other factors that go into it that may be more important. One of them is genetics. Genetic predisposition to addiction is SUPER potent in some families. I have sort of always just assumed I am predispositioned to addictions, it's better to play it safe than sorry.

Albeit, this isn't talking about caffeine. I'm talking more about alcohol since there's a lot of alcoholism among people I'm relatdd to.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by LucieCat View Post
    I think caffeine addiction specifically is so widespread that it transcends Enneagram types.

Addiction in general, can happen to any type. Maybe some types are seen as more prone but there are other factors that go into it that may be more important. One of them is genetics. Genetic predisposition to addiction is SUPER potent in some families. I have sort of always just assumed I am predispositioned to addictions, it's better to play it safe than sorry.

Albeit, this isn't talking about caffeine. I'm talking more about alcohol since there's a lot of alcoholism among people I'm relatdd to.
    Agreed, though I can't tell if this is a SERIOUS thread or mostly just fun/relating in terms of caffeine usage.

I work in a coffee shop...I can confidently say caffeine addiction has nothing to do with type. There are lots of definite non 9's that are caffeine junkies.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI Si

I'm a 9w1. I took 2-4 caffeine pills nearly every day for, probably, over a decade.
    Now, I take Provigil.

I have a sleep disorder (?) plus apnea though.
    I can't stand the taste of most coffee (and then, I prefer it cold or blended fancy).
    Strangely enough, I can't drink caffeinated tea or it gives me problems with my "anxiety" (no worry, just constant "adrenaline surges" around my mouth), which end up fatiguing me more than I was before the tea lol.

I LOVE and live on soda though. (I gave it up for 3 months a couple of years ago with no withdrawal.) Coke, Sprite, my 64 ounce cup filled with frozen Coke *drools*.
    No alcohol for me, please. Just one drink makes me feel like someone punched me in the gut... and then it knocks me out rofl. I have zero tolerance.
    Likes badatlife liked this post

Amethyst's Queen ♚ Bismuth Blitz's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    964 sp/so
    Socionics
    SEI Si

I drink it a bunch. I'm a rare morning person, so I get sleepy early. Plus college. My energy levels are weird, I usually flip between being hyper to wanting to nap all day. I think I should cut back though, the caffeine is making me anxious and irritable :/

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

Yes, I am a caffeine addict. Occassionally, I take a break for a few months, but I just miss it.....
    “Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“It is clear that thought is not free if the profession of certain opinions makes it impossible to earn a living. It is clear also that thought is not free if all the arguments on one side of a controversy are perpetually presented as attractively as possible, while the arguments on the other side can only be discovered by diligent search.”

― Bertrand Russell, Sceptical Essays