• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Enneatypes] Which type is the opposite of the Type 5?

The Unknown Essence

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
As a 5, I know alot about my own type but not much about the others. I have read brief descriptions of the other types, but I can't decide which is the opposite of my type. I realise there are no exact opposites in the Enneagram, but which type is nearly the exact opposite?

Sunny Ghost

2 or 7, in my opinion.

2's are so giving and people focused.
7's are energetic and thrill seeking.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There is no direct opposite of the 5, not enneagram wise anyway.

KDude

This probably doesn't fit in the standard theory, but I think 5's are.. psychologically selfish. Especially with their time. Or maybe I should say preoccupied. Selfish makes it sound necessarily "bad".

The opposite would be 2. Other types are at the very least indirectly involving or volunteering themselves with others, but 2 makes a point of it.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There is no direct opposite of the 5, not enneagram wise anyway.

I think you're right. The enneagram is not a dichotomous system like the MBTI is. That said, I think 2 and 5 can appear opposite because the 5 tends to be a highly independent type who usually prefers to go it alone and doesn't need as much social interaction whereas the 2 is pushing for more interaction.

B

brainheart

Twos and fives are supposed to be a relatively common relationship, though- that's what I've read anyway. As a 4w5 married to a two, I like having the assurance of love and being with someone who encourages me to come out of my shell. Sometimes he's too demonstrative and he considers me unemotional, he always likes to point out how I never cry (if he only knew), but we work. I feel like I help him consider things rationally, do the research to find the solution vs going into histrionics about it. Also to introspect, be more comfortable with his dark side, all of his moods. He definitely brings the five wing out in me. We balance that way.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think you're right. The enneagram is not a dichotomous system like the MBTI is. That said, I think 2 and 5 can appear opposite because the 5 tends to be a highly independent type who usually prefers to go it alone and doesn't need as much social interaction whereas the 2 is pushing for more interaction.

True that.