• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 5] Famous fictionals 5s

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

KDude

Fox Mulder
Maybe Neo...although it's not a very fleshed out character.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
L Lawliet (Death Note) 5w4
Severus Snape (Harry Potter) 5w4

Silveresque

I've only recently started reading the series, but... why is L a Four-winger?

A general trend I've noticed: 5w4=perceiving, 5w6=judging. Makes sense when you think about it because the 4 wing makes one more artistic, which is a right-brain characteristic, and if you're right-brain dominant that makes you a perceiving type.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
A general trend I've noticed: 5w4=perceiving, 5w6=judging. Makes sense when you think about it because the 4 wing makes one more artistic, which is a right-brain characteristic, and if you're right-brain dominant that makes you a perceiving type.

I thought there wasn't a direct correlation? :huh: I mean, aren't Stanley Kubrick, Trent Reznor and Glenn Gould INTJ 5w4s? (And David Lynch an INFJ 5w4?)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Snape is 4w5 Sx/Sp, but I agree with L

Oh wait, why did I think Snap was 5? That was a typo on my part, my bad :doh:

I've only recently started reading the series, but... why is L a Four-winger?

More melancholy and other 4 tendencies in behavior, as well as little to no focus on security.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Also; there is no correlation between J/P and 5w4/5w6; not concerning JCF anyway.

Silveresque

I thought there wasn't a direct correlation? :huh: I mean, aren't Stanley Kubrick, Trent Reznor and Glenn Gould INTJ 5w4s? (And David Lynch an INFJ 5w4?)

I don't know. It's just what I've noticed. I know there are are plenty of exceptions, since they don't match up perfectly and J/P isn't the only factor. The 4 wing for an INFJ makes sense being a feeling type, and I find it hard to imagine a 5w6 INFJ. But from what I've seen it seems like INTJ's are more commonly 5w6 and INTP's are more often 5w4. I don't know if there's any real correlation though. :shrug:

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

I wouldn't give any credence to the notion. e56s are more naturally inclined to follow a linear train of thought than e54s, which might give the impression of an mbti judger because focus is so strong, but I think both are equally adept at open-ended problem solving or "charting the course", circumstance pending of course. We, as part of a giant digital speculative blob, associate irritability, fickleness, and the knowitall syndrome pretty much exclusively with tjs, while discounting factors that we've named sub-sections of this forum after. So much easier to repeat.

KDude

Personally, I think Reznor and Kubrick were INFJ as well. But it doesn't make that big of a difference (to me at least. hah).

KDude

Cool video.. The film fan in me enjoyed it, but was there anything in particular you wanted to point out, type-wise?

To go back to what I was saying, I think some Ni dominants are very close. Especially the stronger their introversion (naturally). I could see him typed either way, but just little hints here and there lead me to think he was Fe over Te.

Nicodemus

Cool video.. The film fan in me enjoyed it, but was there anything in particular you wanted to point out, type-wise?
The anecdote about how Kubrick changed Spielberg's perspective on Jack Nicholson and 'The Shining'. It was very cut-to-the-chase, unadorned, efficient - one might say, in function terms, Ni-Te.

To go back to what I was saying, I think some Ni dominants are very close. Especially the stronger their introversion (naturally). I could see him typed either way, but just little hints here and there lead me to think he was Fe over Te.
Could you name a few of those hints?