• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 5] Famous fictionals 5s

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Arnold Rothstein, INTJ 5w6. Information to control the world. Probably one of my favorite characters in the series. Haven't seen season 2 yet, but hope he's far more involved.

hhp

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Pink, the protagonist of Pink Floyd's "The Wall" (the wall is pretty much a metaphor for the process of isolation of an unhealthy 5)

Harry, the protagonist of Hermann Hesse's "Steppenwolf" (of the nihilistic kind).

Also, I see some 5 characteristics in Raskolnikov from Crime and Punishment (though he's usually typed as a 6)

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jean Baptiste Grenouille of "The Perfume" seems like a 5w6 Sp/Sx ISTP// INTP dont know well.
Dexter Morgan kinda same as above, but he shows more 3ish behaviour too'.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Rose Lalonde from Homestuck, in spades.

448px-03298.gif

"I know that anyone committed to such an affectation could only be striving to mask a severe insecurity complex, and likely harbors a crisis of self-image. I've been known to lend my charitable attention to such people, but only "bossed around" by them insofar as the psychiatric professional has cause to humor the demented for analytical purposes. Or maybe as a lab chimp commands the zookeeper's interest in its shit by forcing him to duck under its trajectory now and then."

hhp

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
What type is Mr. Pink from Reservoir Dogs? He looks a bit as a 5 for me (i.e. the most rational and logical compared with the others, indifferent to feelings, stingy with the tips, and becomes cocky when secure but retreats when outnumbered). Still, I'm not sure about this one.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Might or might not continually edit this post over the course of time.

5w6 sp/so
Kevin Flynn - Tron: Legacy (film)

5w6 so/sp
Maxmillian Cohen - Pi (film)

5w6 so/sx

5w6 sx/so

5w6 sp/sx
Neo - The Matrix (film)

5w6 sx/sp
Temperance "Bones" Brennan - Bones (TV series)
Fox Mulder - The X-Files (TV series)
Eddie Jessup - Altered States (film)

5w4 sp/so
Lain - Serial Experiments Lain (anime series)

5w4 so/sp

5w4 so/sx

5w4 sx/so
Dexter Morgan - Dexter (TV series)
Lisbeth Salander - Millennium Trilogy (book/TV/film)

5w4 sp/sx
Ulquiorra Cifer - Bleach (anime series)
Hei - Darker Than Black (anime series)

5w4 sx/sp

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Also, to whoever people claimed Dexter is a 3... No. Just. no. Dexter is as 5 as they come. Listen to what he says; “There are no secrets, just hidden truths beneath the surface", "Nothing defies reason",

tumblr_mfaa65Xb3n1r160vdo1_500.gif

I shouldn't need to go on.

Some other messy points I saw in this thread is that I disagree about Hannibal Lecter being a 5. He never cared about finding a grand truth. And the whole mess about 4 and 6 wings makes me want to headdesk and facepalm at the same time. The only way the wings affect the 5 core is what parts of you that makes you feel more anxious - is it the fear of not knowing who or what you are or is it a more general fear of not understanding the world outside of yourself and not trusting authority?

MBTI functions have zip to do with it. If anything, I think sexual 5s are the most likely to seem more judgemental and brash because the sx energy creates an entirely different drive in finding truth than sp and so making you among other things, seem more "active". Sp first 5s are the most inert out of the 5s, and so types are probably also pretty inert in their own way since they latch onto totems, not necessarily people.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not sure that Tyrion Lannister is a 5. But if not, what is he? I don't know much about the Ennegram types besides me own, but it's interesting how it seems to be measuring something different than MBTI/Socionics.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
My sister is a huge Song of Ice and Fire geek and thinks Tyrion is an 8.