• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] Fours Instinct Questionnaire

Silveresque

It depends why you hate it. I hate it because I feel the immense pressure of it to be burdensome. It cripples my ability to be myself and say what I really think, because I'm so worried people will judge me. I've discovered 4w5 sps for example, dislike conformity but don't care as much what people think and are more inclined to be all, "this is me, get used to it".

If that's true, I probably am a social 4, then. I care way too much about what people think of me (or really more like what kind of impression I think I made). Whenever I make even the tiniest mistake (which can even be just imagined awkwardness), I can't help feeling like an idiot.

B

brainheart

If that's true, I probably am a social 4, then. I care way too much about what people think of me (or really more like what kind of impression I think I made). Whenever I make even the tiniest mistake (which can even be just imagined awkwardness), I can't help feeling like an idiot.

In these descriptions, which do you relate to the most? http://ocean-moonshine.net/e142857369/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=42&MMN_position=80:80//

B

brainheart

In the general stacks page, the only one that fits me is Sp/Sx. In the 4 stacks page, So/Sp fits best, followed closely by Sp/Sx, and then Sp/So.

I wonder if that's common for fours, that sort of disparity. (4w5s especially) I can see fours relating primarily with the sp/sx and sx/sp general stacks- I know that's how it is for me. But then for the 4 stacks for me, it's pretty much a tie between so/sx and sp/sx, with so/sp third. And whenever I've taken that instinct test, I get very strong sx followed by sp with so barely making a showing.

Silveresque

I wonder if that's common for fours, that sort of disparity. (4w5s especially) I can see fours relating primarily with the sp/sx and sx/sp general stacks- I know that's how it is for me. But then for the 4 stacks for me, it's pretty much a tie between so/sx and sp/sx, with so/sp third. And whenever I've taken that instinct test, I get very strong sx followed by sp with so barely making a showing.

Yeah, 4's tend to be very passionate and emotional, and I think that gives them a natural inclination toward the Sx instinct. Compared with all types, even Sx-last fours may relate more to Sx descriptions than to their actual variant. But when you look at the variant descriptions specifically for 4, there's less bias because those descriptions will take into account those qualities that would normally come out Sx when they're really just e4 qualities.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But when you look at the variant descriptions specifically for 4, there's less bias because those descriptions will take into account those qualities that would normally come out Sx when they're really just e4 qualities.

This is very true and why the specific stacking descriptions for 4s are a lot more accurate for typing. In the general descriptions, I can see myself in the sx/sp a lot, but not so much in the 4 specific descriptions. The sx-dom 4s are almost an exaggeration of classic 4 traits.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
This sounds very much like so. I can experience embarrassment on a level similar to that of physical pain and can relieve it years afterwards with the same sting. It doesn't even have to be my own; just watching someone else make a fool of themselves, knowingly or not, is sheer agony for me. :doh:

Yeah, 4's tend to be very passionate and emotional, and I think that gives them a natural inclination toward the Sx instinct. Compared with all types, even Sx-last fours may relate more to Sx descriptions than to their actual variant. But when you look at the variant descriptions specifically for 4, there's less bias because those descriptions will take into account those qualities that would normally come out Sx when they're really just e4 qualities.

Yeah, the general descriptions are terrible as they are biased toward certain enneatypes (ugh, I can't get over how wrong the so/sp one is :dont: ). In those, I do relate more to the sp/sx and sx/sp descriptions.

Silveresque

This sounds very much like so. I can experience embarrassment on a level similar to that of physical pain and can relieve it years afterwards with the same sting. It doesn't even have to be my own; just watching someone else make a fool of themselves, knowingly or not, is sheer agony for me. :doh:

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. :yes: I'm the exact same way. It never really goes away. All I have to do is think about something stupid I did in the past to feel like a complete idiot all over again. And I could never laugh at someone else for making a fool of himself because I know how painful it is.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

That all sounds just like me, especially the part with the bold! :ohmy:

Does this mean I should consider being at least So-second as a possibility?

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. :yes: I'm the exact same way. It never really goes away. All I have to do is think about something stupid I did in the past to feel like a complete idiot all over again. And I could never laugh at someone else for making a fool of himself because I know how painful it is.

Aaagreed. >_>

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Its looking like a strong possibility. Although a very empathic person could conceivably experience the same. :thinking:

So you think you may be a sx/so then?

Silveresque

Maybe. It's like that for social 4's, but I don't know how the three instincts manifest in a 6. It could be that most 6's are like that even as So-last.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Its looking like a strong possibility. Although a very empathic person could conceivably experience the same. :thinking:

So you think you may be a sx/so then?

I'm not sure. I'm not charismatic or proactively involved in the societal sphere at all. I'm passive and boring as hell. I have tremendous passion and emotion, but I do not usually show this in public. If I wasn't an introvert and so shy as to not bring negative or embarrassing attention to myself, I would be as fiery and zealous as Adolf Hitler. I just think I'm too reserved and low-energy to be Sx/So. What do you think?

Silveresque

I'm not sure. I'm not charismatic or proactively involved in the societal sphere at all. I'm passive and boring as hell. I have tremendous passion and emotion, but I do not usually show this in public. If I wasn't an introvert and so shy as to not bring negative or embarrassing attention to myself, I would be as fiery and zealous as Adolf Hitler. I just think I'm too reserved and low-energy to be Sx/So. What do you think?

I don't think you're Sx/So, but I relate to everything you just said (except the "fiery and zealous as Adolf Hitler"). I don't think charisma and being socially active has anything to the social instinct, it has to do with being an extrovert. In an introvert, the social instinct will act in more subtle ways, such as providing a focus on one's place in the group and society, and a strong need for belonging and acceptance (but some of that is also 6).

I'm really not sure you're an Sx at all. You don't have to be an Sx to have a strong desire for a relationship or even to want to look sexually attractive. Sx in a 6 tends to manifest as a counterphobic stance. I could be wrong, but I see more So in you. Actually, you seem to have already expressed your preference in what you just said: you would be fiery and zealous if you weren't too afraid of embarrassing yourself. This shows that you're so focused on how the group perceives you (So), that you don't show your more passionate side (Sx).

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think you're Sx/So, but I relate to everything you just said (except the "fiery and zealous as Adolf Hitler"). I don't think charisma and being socially active has anything to the social instinct, it has to do with being an extrovert. In an introvert, the social instinct will act in more subtle ways, such as providing a focus on one's place in the group and society, and a strong need for belonging and acceptance (but some of that is also 6).

I'm really not sure you're an Sx at all. You don't have to be an Sx to have a strong desire for a relationship or even to want to look sexually attractive. Sx in a 6 tends to manifest as a counterphobic stance. I could be wrong, but I see more So in you. Actually, you seem to have already expressed your preference in what you just said: you would be fiery and zealous if you weren't too afraid of embarrassing yourself. This shows that you're so focused on how the group perceives you (So), that you don't show your more passionate side (Sx).

I was exaggerating a bit when I said I would be as intense as Adolf Hitler, but I just mean that I would go after what I want rather than just have it pass me by. Adolf Hitler was a bad example because it implies influencing a crowd of people, which is not what I strongly desire to do. Yes, I would rather the world had adopted my views so there wouldn't be as much chaos and disharmony, but that's not what I strive for. I prefer a behind-the-scenes job, and it really doesn't matter if I positively affect society or not (though I would not want to negatively affect it). Let's just say I'm socially-aware and self-conscious about how I am perceived by others, but I would rather just not care what others think of me and go after my desires.

Silveresque

I was exaggerating a bit when I said I would be as intense as Adolf Hitler, but I just mean that I would go after what I want rather than just have it pass me by. Adolf Hitler was a bad example because it implies influencing a crowd of people, which is not what I strongly desire to do. Yes, I would rather the world had adopted my views so there wouldn't be as much chaos and disharmony, but that's not what I strive for. I prefer a behind-the-scenes job, and it really doesn't matter if I positively affect society or not (though I would not want to negatively affect it). Let's just say I'm socially-aware and self-conscious about how I am perceived by others, but I would rather just not care what others think of me and go after my desires.

I don't relate to the social instinct's desire to influence society either. I think this only manifests in certain enneatypes such as 1's and 3's, and maybe only a little in others. And I also wish I didn't care about what others think of me, but I do care nonetheless.

I don't think you're So-dom, but maybe So second. How well do you relate to the Sp/So description here? The other one I think you could be is Sp/Sx. I personally don't see you as Sx/Sp, but I could be wrong.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think you're So-dom, but maybe So second. How well do you relate to the Sp/So description here?

Not terribly much. Also, I would like to point out that I don't relate to most pure Sp descriptions. But, then again, the same could be said for So and Sx, but I usually find that I relate to more things in the Sx descriptions, and Sp the least. Out of the sub-variants, I relate to Sx/Sp the most, So/Sx the second most, and Sp/Sx the third most.

B

brainheart

This sounds very much like so. I can experience embarrassment on a level similar to that of physical pain and can relieve it years afterwards with the same sting. It doesn't even have to be my own; just watching someone else make a fool of themselves, knowingly or not, is sheer agony for me. :doh

So... Southern kross and revlis, I definitely relate to this, but it doesn't seem to destroy me quite as much as it seems to you. Do you think an so/sx might shrug this stuff off a bit more, kind of an, "oh my god, I'm so embarrassed, but... it's who I am, so deal with it, people." Kind of a less intense, more self conscious sx/so, I guess.

Hazashin, for the record, you've always struck me as an sp dom six.

Silveresque

So... Southern kross and revlis, I definitely relate to this, but it doesn't seem to destroy me quite as much as it seems to you. Do you think an so/sx might shrug this stuff off a bit more, kind of an, "oh my god, I'm so embarrassed, but... it's who I am, so deal with it, people." Kind of a less intense, more self conscious sx/so, I guess.

Hmmm...yeah, I can see how having Sx second and Sp last might balance out that self-consciousness a bit. Sx makes you more intense and outgoing, while Sp last makes you less withdrawn and concerned about your well-being.