• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] Fictional Examples of 8s

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mary Poppins 8w9 sx sp so
pure Sp dom, I think she's Sp/So but she could be Sp/Sx, I sort of see her more as a 1w9 though. her anger is more subtle, under the surface and, as [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] likes to put it, "chained". as for her MBTI type, definitely TJ of some sort. ESTJ is my best guess

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Emporer Palpatine (Star Wars): INTJ 8w9 sp/so

Well I'm sure he's INTJ and 8w9, but sp/so should be right IIRC.

Palpatine is a 5.

Mary Poppins is either Sp/So or So/Sp. Possibly a 2, or 1w2.

G

Ginkgo

pure Sp dom, I think she's Sp/So but she could be Sp/Sx, I sort of see her more as a 1w9 though. her anger is more subtle, under the surface and, as [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] likes to put it, "chained". as for her MBTI type, definitely TJ of some sort. ESTJ is my best guess

No she flies on a parasol and pulls shit out of a magic bag because the laws of physics are arbitrary and meaningless to her. Hence, 8.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
No she flies on a parasol and pulls shit out of a magic bag because the laws of physics are arbitrary and meaningless to her. Hence, 8.

But that's due to her metaphysical nature, not her temperament, no? :thinking:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The guy who spends years manipulating dozens of individuals so that he can rule over the galaxy is a 5? lolwut?

So what? 5 are concerned with power too, and their megalomany can be without limit. He is not driven by guts, and is not an asserter or a protector, he is not a 8.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So what? 5 are concerned with power too, and their megalomany can be without limit. He is not driven by guts, and is not an asserter or a protector, he is not a 8.

5's are more concerned with aquring knowledge and gaining independence via their own abilities; they see the world and think 'ZOMGZ this place is dangerous! I'd better hide somewhere where I can observe and study shit so that I have better chances of being safe'. 8's on the other hand not only want power but desire to use it to at least a certain degree.

8w7's are typically the more agressive power hungry types of people, the wing 7 makes them far more energetic, which leads to tempers the 8's desire for power with assertivness and recklessness. 8w9's however are far more calm and controlled, the wing nine makes them far more careful and deliberate. Of course that also can make them appear 5w6-ish, which is why some people may mix 8w9 with 5.

In which case, Palpatine is 8w9.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
5's are more concerned with aquring knowledge and gaining independence via their own abilities;

And you think Palpatine is not like this? Big mistake.

they see the world and think 'ZOMGZ this place is dangerous! I'd better hide somewhere where I can observe and study shit so that I have better chances of being safe'.

Look at his bio, he was totally like that as a child, and tryed to overtake it by withdrawing and intense study of the Dark Side, and he values far much his holocrons than his lightsaber.

8's on the other hand not only want power but desire to use it to at least a certain degree.

Palpatine don't want to use his power. And it is a big difference with the true 8w9 Darth Vader. He has not this instinctove force who drives him to take risk, protect the weaks and indulge in excess. He is withdrawing, cautious, planner, controling, greedy and ascetic: 5.

8w9's however are far more calm and controlled, the wing nine makes them far more careful and deliberate

No, 8w9 are not more cafeful, the wing 9 gives more emphaty, make them more quiet, but also more go-with-the-flow, and, at time, outright ebulient. That's not him at all.

In which case, Palpatine is 8w9.

No.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm going to disagree with both of you and say I think he's an Sp/So 8w7

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why 8w7 sp/so?

Sp 8s have a closer connection to 5 and 8w7s have a closer connection to 5 as well because they are on the border between the head and gut centers. 8w7s under stress are much more plotting and strategic, especially when combined with INTJ. he is So second because of his use of social manipulation and desire to control the society that is the galactic republic.

8w9s are like a bear. not much thought or strategy to them, they just crush whatever is in their path and keep moving
8w7s are like a predator. they are mental, alert, strategic and willing to go all out and destroy prey much bigger than themselves, but sometimes they need to creep on the low like Palpatine did and when in 5 mode lack the gritty, charismatic presence they normally exude

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sp 8s have a closer connection to 5 and 8w7s have a closer connection to 5 as well because they are on the border between the head and gut centers. 8w7s under stress are much more plotting and strategic, especially when combined with INTJ. he is So second because of his use of social manipulation and desire to control the society that is the galactic republic.

8w9s are like a bear. not much thought or strategy to them, they just crush whatever is in their path and keep moving
8w7s are like a predator. they are mental, alert, strategic and willing to go all out and destroy prey much bigger than themselves, but sometimes they need to creep on the low like Palpatine did and when in 5 mode lack the gritty, charismatic presence they normally exude

Mmhmm, we just go about lumbering like a bunch of oafs. Great way to explain there.

bionic

Permabanned

WHUT. That's not true at all about 8w9s or 8w7. You're obviously putting personal bias on your experience. Let me show you the correct description:

8w7s are less inhibited and tend to be colorful characters. They tend to have more mercurial life patterns. They are more cocky and convey a "it's a priviledge for you to engage me" vibe. They intend for reality to contour itself around the way they go about their business. They expect the red sea to be parted for them. They are a double-gluttony subtype and are more likely to have the itch to gamble and be high-rollers. They are vulnerable to taking on too much risk and overextending themselves. They are more frenzied and cathartic and have more self-destructive tendencies. They tend to be iconoclasts who delight in turning things upside down instead of solidifying them.

8w7s believe the best defense is a good offense. Their style of dominating is to preemptively attack you to keep you off balance. They delight in "checkmating" you as their seven wing makes them focus on where your options and possibilities are so they can cut them off. They have a greater focus on tactics and strategy. They are more "I reign supreme and will summon all my powers to blow you to smithereens".

8w9s tend to be more reserved and self-contained. They are more modest and friendly. They aren't as megalomanic as 8w7s. They are less likely to overestimate themselves. They speak in simpler language and seem less "heady" than 8w7s with their more drawn out cadence. They don't understand the eight-winged-seven self-destructive behaviour. They are more grounded and unmovable but they can get aggressive in a hurry if provoked. They are natural defenders who focus on solidifying structures as opposed to tearing them down and starting anew.

8w9s believe the best defense is to be well-fortified. They don't believe in preemptive aggression. They wait for the enemy to strike first and are natural counterpunchers. Their style of dominance is to endure whatever you throw at them and gradually steamroll you. They delight in pushing their weight against you and making you feel their physical presence. They are more "I am unbreakable and will steadily wear you down".

Source:
http://typewatchenneagram.blogspot.com/2011/06/typewatch-enneagram-type-descriptions.html

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
WHUT. That's not true at all about 8w9s or 8w7. You're obviously putting personal bias on your experience. Let me show you the correct description:
8w7s are less inhibited and tend to be colorful characters. They tend to have more mercurial life patterns. They are more cocky and convey a "it's a priviledge for you to engage me" vibe. They intend for reality to contour itself around the way they go about their business. They expect the red sea to be parted for them. They are a double-gluttony subtype and are more likely to have the itch to gamble and be high-rollers. They are vulnerable to taking on too much risk and overextending themselves. They are more frenzied and cathartic and have more self-destructive tendencies. They tend to be iconoclasts who delight in turning things upside down instead of solidifying them.
8w7s believe the best defense is a good offense. Their style of dominating is to preemptively attack you to keep you off balance. They delight in "checkmating" you as their seven wing makes them focus on where your options and possibilities are so they can cut them off. They have a greater focus on tactics and strategy. They are more "I reign supreme and will summon all my powers to blow you to smithereens".

8w9s tend to be more reserved and self-contained. They are more modest and friendly. They aren't as megalomanic as 8w7s. They are less likely to overestimate themselves. They speak in simpler language and seem less "heady" than 8w7s with their more drawn out cadence. They don't understand the eight-winged-seven self-destructive behaviour. They are more grounded and unmovable but they can get aggressive in a hurry if provoked. They are natural defenders who focus on solidifying structures as opposed to tearing them down and starting anew.
8w9s believe the best defense is to be well-fortified. They don't believe in preemptive aggression. They wait for the enemy to strike first and are natural counterpunchers. Their style of dominance is to endure whatever you throw at them and gradually steamroll you. They delight in pushing their weight against you and making you feel their physical presence. They are more "I am unbreakable and will steadily wear you down".
Source:
http://typewatchenneagram.blogspot.com/2011/06/typewatch-enneagram-type-descriptions.html

I am fully aware of this, but you have mentioned nothing of 8w7s and 8w9s under stress. I fully agree with your sources assessment of their normal personalities, but under pressure, 8w7s have a stronger connection to the head center

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am fully aware of this, but you have mentioned nothing of 8w7s and 8w9s under stress. I fully agree with your sources assessment of their normal personalities, but under pressure, 8w7s have a stronger connection to the head center

Yes, but misrepresenting it without explicitly stating your intent in the first place is, well, misleading. You could have stated that <insert type here> is so and so under stress to give context to the people who can't be bothered to flip back.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, but misrepresenting it without explicitly stating your intent in the first place is, well, misleading. You could have stated that <insert type here> is so and so under stress to give context to the people who can't be bothered to flip back.

we are talking about a villain (Darth Sideous). to most, that implies we are dealing with a disintegrated individual. perhaps you should try reaffirming what you believe someone's intent to be as opposed to assuming you understand it and that they are being foolish?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
most badass 8 ever? yes, yes i believe so.

Tomb1

Source:

Woah...it sure looks like that description (or it could just be one helluva coincidence!) qualifies for a heavy duty ripoff of stuff written in 2004-2005 on the enneagram institute by another member. The parallels are uncanny. The paper trail linking the description's author "sniper"/mellowmarcello (currently suspected of involvement in a cyber-stalking ring) to that time/place can be found in my archives.