• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 5] Fives Instinct Questionnaire

Silveresque

On third thought, sp/so is no more accurate than sp/sx, based on the descriptions. All of the sx description fits, but it lacks some features mentioned in the so description that also fit. The described features are not set up point by point sx vs so, and many are not mutually exclusive. Better descriptions?

Yeah, based on your answers you sound like you could be either. Have you seen these descriptions?
http://theenneagram.blogspot.com/2007/09/type-5.html#in

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1) What is your type (5w4 or 5w6) and instinctual variant, and how positive are you that your variant is accurate?
5w4 sx/sp. I'm not confident about my instinct variation. It explains my relationships, but in truth sx/so fits as well. It's even stevens at this point.

2) How would you describe your overall focus when alone versus in social situations?

3) How would you describe your interaction style when in a group?
I'm a great observer of people dynamics. How people interact, mannerisms etc. Only when I'm extremely comfortable, do I come to life, and I can be center of attention. I tend to have a bit of dramatic flair, and well you guys probably get a sense of my type of humour on this site. It doesn't happen often. I mostly stay in the shadows, and bide my time. My closer friends and I tend to "hold court" off to the side of proceedings though, and I can be quite verbal then, but I quite often stay quiet at the side watching.
People either describe me as intensely shy, or very outgoing. Nothing in between.

4) How would you describe your interaction style in one-on-one situations?
I'm very intense. I'm usually observing though, unless it's a good friend. Always analysing, picking something apart, asking questions. Very close friends get treated to my verbal diarrhea, and some of my inner thoughts. If it's some one I'm interested in, I can come across quite detached, and disinterested, and then if I trust them enough I will open up and show them my special world. Very few men to date have survived that. Mostly because I think they expect a very laid back person, and I'm not the person they thought I was.

5) How well does this description of your variant fit you?
The issues of barriers and boundries is a common theme in my life. Most of my relationships end because some boundry of mine was crossed, or they went to a place (emotionally) without my permission. Actually I've ended friendships for the same reason.

6) How did you decide on your variant? Was there anything that gave it away, or else made you change your mind from what you previously thought it was?
Read the rest of my post.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Yeah, based on your answers you sound like you could be either. Have you seen these descriptions?
http://theenneagram.blogspot.com/2007/09/type-5.html#in

I had not. thanks. Rather different from other descriptions I've seen.

Welp, that rules out SO.
Social 5 - Seeking Acceptance/Belonging/Inclusion/Status
Social Fives focus their avarice and hoarding in the social realm, meaning that they socialize through their particular areas of expertise. Fives endeavor to master some skill or body of knowledge, and they relate to others primarily through that area of their mastery. As social types, Social Fives are more comfortable interacting with people, but their comfort is largely dependent on having a context for being in a social situation. They need a particular task or function that gives them the confidence to interact with people (for example, being the DJ at a party, or having a specific topic of discussion at a social event).They enjoy talking intensely with other people who share their (sometimes esoteric) interests—either in person or through the Internet. Social Fives feel that their expertise is what they can "bring to the table" since they make it their business to learn things that others may need. While generally quiet, Social Fives can become quite talkative if their area of knowledge becomes the topic of conversation—anything from computer expertise to trivia about movies or comic books is fair game. Less healthy Social Fives can become elitist, feeling others are too unintelligent to understand their thoughts or conversation. They can also be fiercely argumentative, losing social connections by reactively proving others' ideas inadequate.

* LifeExplore
Social Fives connect with groups of like-minded people. Enjoy living in the flow of a group interest, sharing knowledge and affiliations. May prefer specialized or esoteric areas of knowledge that exclude all but the initiated. Could live in high society, know the "right" people, belong to the best clubs. Might enjoy speaking a professional language that few people understand. Can be quite friendly but, at times, terrific snobs. Romanticize secret elitist group membership; concerned with titles, degrees, credentials, etc. Realm of academia.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I bet it was the "can be a bit kinky" that swung it for ya, yes?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was totally about to change my title to "hoarding spacetime".

I hate having a clone. :mad:

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Good thing sp/sx =/= sx/sp.
You sexual folk scare me.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't be scared. Ve only vant to suck out your essence to fill our unfathomable voids.