• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] INFP 4w3?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just curious, does anyone know of any INFP 4w3's fictional, real, or otherwise? I think I may be of this type (although no doubt I'll probably change my core enneagram to something else in a couple weeks) and would like some comparison on people of this specific type, thanks. :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just curious, does anyone know of any INFP 4w3's fictional, real, or otherwise? I think I may be of this type (although no doubt I'll probably change my core enneagram to something else in a couple weeks) and would like some comparison on people of this specific type, thanks. :)

I'm not an INFP or 4w3, but I see no connection to 3 in you at all

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
nothing about you is appearance or reputation driven at all

That would make sense if I was arguing for core 3, but I think 4w3 could work; I'm certainly an individual whom shall not compromise whom he is to anyone elses standard, but I feel 3's image focus to temper my 4ness more so than 5; my ultimate goal in life is to leave my mark on the world and have humanity regocnize me for what I am within the pages of history, just never at the cost of my authenticity/identity (although I often wonder what my identity is/what I want it to be/being an existential emo).

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lots of famous INFPs are likely this type. They seem most inclined to fame, honestly. Of course, now that I say that, I can't think of any :D

Fiona Apple is an INFP 4w3 who comes to mind.
Karen O (Yeah Yeah Yeahs) is likely ISFP 4w3 (not INFP, but Fi-dom).
Morrissey is INFJ 4w3 (not an INFP, but an INxx & NF).

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Sarah McLachlan?

Edit: And now that I think about it, Brian from Family Guy might be one:

B

brainheart

I think the more important question to ask is, why so type obsessed? Way too high of a percentage of my thoughts are enneagram related. Its just the latest in a long line of unhealthy obsessions for me. I'm trying to get out of it and do things that will help bring the real me into existence vs endlessly analyzing my behaviors in an attempt to find what categories fit best. I don't want my life to be summed up in "she wasted time instead of doing something real with her talent."

I suggest you join me in getting the hell out of this place. Your life means more than this. I'm making a break for it... Now.

I wish you luck.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Fiona Apple is an INFP 4w3 who comes to mind.
Karen O (Yeah Yeah Yeahs) is likely ISFP 4w3 (not INFP, but Fi-dom).
Morrissey is INFJ 4w3 (not an INFP, but an INxx & NF).
Sarah McLachlan?
Perhaps Michael Stipe? There are probably lists out there somewhere.

I have absolutely no idea who any of those people are! :D

Edit: And now that I think about it, Brian from Family Guy might be one:

Hmmmm interesting :thinking:

I think the more important question to ask is, why so type obsessed? Way too high of a percentage of my thoughts are enneagram related. Its just the latest in a long line of unhealthy obsessions for me. I'm trying to get out of it and do things that will help bring the real me into existence vs endlessly analyzing my behaviors in an attempt to find what categories fit best. I don't want my life to be summed up in "she wasted time instead of doing something real with her talent."

I suggest you join me in getting the hell out of this place. Your life means more than this. I'm making a break for it... Now.

I wish you luck.

I actually sometimes wonder myself why I spend so much time invested into the obsession of typology. Indeed, it does seem as endless as it does fruitless, but it seems to be an endeavor and practice that I cannot break because of the sentimental value that I hold in it. However if you feel trapped and wasting your time because of it, then I would surely agree for you to stop obsessing over it (I did officially renunciate typology before, only to continue studying it again anyway), I wish you luck as well and thank you :yes:

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I would suggest more, but that's all I could think of. :(

You would think that there would be more, since 4w3's are more common than 4w5's and INFP is the most common MBTI type for a Type 4... :shrug:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Indeed; perhaps it's because some INFP 4w5's are actually mistyped 4w3's

Do you think Johnny Depp could be a mistyped INFP 4w3? I've seen him said to be a mistyped 4w3 as a 4w5. :yes: (I hope that made sense)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do you think Johnny Depp could be a mistyped INFP 4w3? I've seen him said to be a mistyped 4w3 as a 4w5. :yes: (I hope that made sense)

Don't worry, it made sense :yes:

I don't know enough about Johnny Depp to fully determine whather he is 4w5 or 4w3 though. :(

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know enough about Johnny Depp to fully determine whather he is 4w5 or 4w3 though. :(

Oh, that's perfectly fine. I was just trying to suggest popular figures that the average person can relate to without having to know them on a personal basis (please don't take it the wrong way; I am not saying you're 'average' by any means! I just don't know you. I'm sorry if I offended you... :(). I actually don't know too many (or much about the ones I do know) celebrities myself. :laugh:

But I'll let you know if I think of any more. :yes:

Good luck! :)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That would make sense if I was arguing for core 3, but I think 4w3 could work; I'm certainly an individual whom shall not compromise whom he is to anyone elses standard, but I feel 3's image focus to temper my 4ness more so than 5; my ultimate goal in life is to leave my mark on the world and have humanity regocnize me for what I am within the pages of history, just never at the cost of my authenticity/identity (although I often wonder what my identity is/what I want it to be/being an existential emo).

I actually think this is a nice, simple way of describing how a 3 wing affects a 4. I think the overemphasis on being dramatic & image-conscious probably does make some INFP 4s shy away from identifying with a 3 wing.

Personally, I'd love to be a 4w3. I think they're usually more outwardly interesting. There's something kind of dry about being a 4w5......

A few more examples, in literature & film:
Holden Caulfield, Catcher in the Rye, IxFP 4w3
Penelope, The Brothers Bloom, INFP 4w3
Celine, Before Sunset/Sunrise, xNFP 4w3
Annie Hall, INFP 4w3

All of those previous examples listed are musicians/singers also ;).

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh, that's perfectly fine. I was just trying to suggest popular figures that the average person can relate to without having to know them on a personal basis (please don't take it the wrong way; I am not saying you're 'average' by any means! I just don't know you. I'm sorry if I offended you... :(). I actually don't know too many (or much about the ones I do) celebrities myself. :laugh:

[MENTION=12223]Viridian[/MENTION] is that you?

JK :laugh: and it's cool I wasn't offended in any way at all :hug:

But I'll let you know if I think of any more. :yes:

Good luck! :)