• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] INFP 4w3?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I actually think this is a nice, simple way of describing how a 3 wing affects a 4. I think the overemphasis on being dramatic & image-conscious probably does make some INFP 4s shy away from identifying with a 3 wing.

Personally, I'd love to be a 4w3. I think they're usually more outwardly interesting. There's something kind of dry about being a 4w5......

Really, my ultimate goal in life is a nice and simple way of describing the 4w3? Thank you! :hug:

Also, I honestly can't stand the dramaness associated with 4w3; 4's of both variety can be emotionally subtle and introverted without the envy or temper tantrums of children.

Also, my nect 'Type Me' video (to come soon) should be very outwardly interesting :D

A few more examples, in literature & film:
Holden Caulfield, Catcher in the Rye, IxFP 4w3
Penelope, The Brothers Bloom, INFP 4w3
Celine, Before Sunset/Sunrise, xNFP 4w3
Annie Hall, INFP 4w3

All of those previous examples listed are musicians/singers also ;).

I can relate to Holden; existential bullshitter who wants to be that catcher in the rye. I really need to finish reading that book.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Brian from family guy and Jean Grey from X-men.

[youtube=lwNAukD5MRc]Jean Grey INFP 4w3[/youtube]

Also, Isabelle Adjani.

[youtube=BZ2d_EyNc2g]Isabelle Adjani INFP 4w3[/youtube]

Morissete is INFP, but a 4w5.

There's also Bubbles on TypoC.

Savage Idealist is not a 4w3.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Brian from family guy and Jean Grey from X-men.
Also, Isabelle Adjani.
Morissete is INFP, but a 4w5.

Hmmmm interesting. :thinking:

There's also Bubbles on TypoC.

I think I've heard of her; does she still post here on the site?

Savage Idealist is not a 4w3.

I had a feeling that you were going to say that. Care to explain why?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I've heard of her; does she still post here on the site?

Sadly, no. :sad:

I had a feeling that you were going to say that. Care to explain why?

When I see true examples of 4w3 like Boy George, Karl Lagerfeld or Michael Jackson, you simply don't seem similar to them at all.

[youtube=P-2xfR6DzhE]Boy George 4w3[/youtube]

[youtube=iCJFZAcx-ZA]Kar Lagerfeld 4w3[/youtube]

[youtube=2lB31RtdXGY]Michael Jackson 4w3[/youtube]

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I see true examples of 4w3 like Boy George, Karl Lagerfeld or Michael Jackson, you simply don't seem similar to them at all.

None of those are INFP though....I'd type them ENFP, INFJ, and ISFP respectively.

I would've guessed that Savage Idealist was 9w1, but he knows himself better than I do. I still think his 4w3 description is succinct too.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sadly, no. :sad:

How unfortunate :(

But those individuals al one cannot be a sole representative of what the 4w3, nor can I be certain that they are actually 4w3's at all.

None of those are INFP though....I'd type them ENFP, INFJ, and ISFP respectively.

I would've guessed that Savage Idealist was 9w1, but he knows himself better than I do. I still think his 4w3 description is succinct too.

9w1 is certainly a possibility in my tri-type as is 4, and ultimately, even with the assistance from many others, it is I whom must decide what I am :yes:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But those individuals al one cannot be a sole representative of what the 4w3,

They are representative, and a true 4w3 would be quite similar with them. You are not.

nor can I be certain that they are actually 4w3's at all.

You can wen you are competent in enneagram.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
They are representative, and a true 4w3 would be quite similar with them. You are not.

Not necessarily; the key focus of the four (as with any other type) is what their motivation is (in this case identity); external personality factors beyond that are mere folly.

Also, I was saying that there could be other famous 4w3's that I could relate with, but then again, knowing the diversity of huanity, I imagine that there are very few famous people that I could fully relate to in terms of any possible enneagram personality.

You can wen you are competent in enneagram.

I am competent in the enneagram (at least to a certain extent anyway). And if I'm to compare myself to other 4w3's, then I would surely have to be certain of their types through my own observations.

Robert Smith of The Cure.

I don't think I've ever heard of him, but I can go look him up.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not necessarily; the key focus of the four (as with any other type) is what their motivation is (in this case identity);

No. Enneagram is not about your motivation, it is about the way you perceive the world, and the mental fixation and the passion who naturally rise from this.

external personality factors beyond that are mere folly.

No. They are authentic manifestations of the type. 4w3 don't act all the same way, but every release a specific vibe that you don't release.

Also, I was saying that there could be other famous 4w3's that I could relate with, but then again, knowing the diversity of huanity, I imagine that there are very few famous people that I could fully relate to in terms of any possible enneagram personality.

There's others people who share the same type than you, but they are not 4w3.

I am competent in the enneagram

No.

I don't think I've ever heard of him, but I can go look him up.

You look nothing like him.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Really, my ultimate goal in life is a nice and simple way of describing the 4w3? Thank you! :hug:

No. The "ultimate goal in life" is not a pertinent way to determine a type.

Also, I honestly can't stand the dramaness associated with 4w3; 4's of both variety can be emotionally subtle and introverted without the envy or temper tantrums of children.

Dramaness is associated with 4w3 with reason, because they are about drama, if you are no dramatic, you are not 4w3, that's all.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No. Enneagram is not about your motivation, it is about the way you perceive the world, and the mental fixation and the passion who naturally rise from this.

Bull, the enneagram is primarily about ones fear in the world, and how their motivations arise from it.

No. They are authentic manifestations of the type. 4w3 don't act all the same way, but every release a specific vibe that you don't release.

No, the thing is I can't be sure if those people are truly 4w3 just because you say they are; the same can be said of others typing of famous people: I would need either observation or evidence to fully beleive the claims of anyone (and granted my purpose was to probably research these famous individuals listed to see for myself what their personalities are like).

Also, what evidence is there that types release a certain 'vibe'?

There's others people who share the same type than you, but they are not 4w3.

I meant that, that the people you listed could also be of different JCF, socionic, and instinctual varients as opposed to me, which would make us look very different despite being the same enneagram.

I could really say the same about you actually.

You look nothing like him.

I'll know that for myself when I search up on him.

No. The "ultimate goal in life" is not a pertinent way to determine a type.

Bullshit it isn't; the enneagram is primarily based on ones fear/desire complex in life; 5's fear threats of outer world - thus gain knowledge and competence to combat it; 1's fear imperfection and corruption - thus desire high moral standard and righteousness; 2's fear being unloved - thus love other, etc.

My ultimate goal (aside from more contemporary ones) is a motivation for authentic recognition; I fear that I will die virtually forgotten; a nobody in the endless sea of history. In all that I want to do, I really want to make sure that my unique presence here in the world will be known, thus giving my life meaning beyond mere existnetial means. That fits in line with the 4 desire.

Dramaness is associated with 4w3 with reason, because they are about drama, if you are no dramatic, you are not 4w3, that's all.

That's nonsensical stereotyping, and in fact, the very rigid personality bullshit that I oppose in every level; yes a personality system shouldn't be overly basic, otherwise it doesn't do its job of accurate typing, but it 18 types cannot alone describe people to such a perfect degree. This is why I have problmes with a lot of descriptions that say type 4 is X, Y, Z, even though the connection between the 4 desire and XYZ personality traits isn't necessarily true or even based on any empiracal data whatso ever.

Or better yet, please cite where 4w3 is considered to be 'the drama queen' archtype.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My ultimate goal (aside from more contemporary ones) is a motivation for authentic recognition; I fear that I will die virtually forgotten; a nobody in the endless sea of history. In all that I want to do, I really want to make sure that my unique presence here in the world will be known, thus giving my life meaning beyond mere existnetial means. That fits in line with the 4 desire.

On a side note, you last had yourself typed as a Type 1, so perhaps you thought you were a 1 because you were a 4 integrated to 1? :laugh:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
On a side note, you last had yourself typed as a Type 1, so perhaps you thought you were a 1 because you were a 4 integrated to 1? :laugh:

That would be indeed another reason for why I may be 4. :yes:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
SI, you are a waste of time.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bullshit it isn't; the enneagram is primarily based on ones fear/desire complex in life; 5's fear threats of outer world - thus gain knowledge and competence to combat it; 1's fear imperfection and corruption - thus desire high moral standard and righteousness; 2's fear being unloved - thus love other, etc.

actually, that's more 8's connection to 5 than a true 5. knowledge in this instance is another form of power "if I can't beat you with force, I'ma get strategic on yo ass!" an 8 fears a more powerful force taking them over and them loosing control of their lives and actions because of it.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
actually, that's more 8's connection to 5 than a true 5. knowledge in this instance is another form of power "if I can't beat you with force, I'ma get strategic on yo ass!" an 8 fears a more powerful force taking them over and them loosing control of their lives and actions because of it.

It could be 5w6 or 6w5, though - gaining security through the power of knowedge. :ninja:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It could be 5w6 or 6w5, though - gaining security through the power of knowedge. :ninja:

he was talking about using knowledge to deal with external threats, not for overall security

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
SI, you are a waste of time.

Oh fuck you.

You don't even have the decency to back up your assertions with a counter-argument, assertions that aren't even true nor reasonable; if anyone is wasting time, it's you.

Well for the record I was loosely paraphrasing there, although the more I look at it, 5 and 8 do share striking similarities with each other, but that's another argument entirely.

Alternatum

MBTI Type
Ixxx
Enneagram
I wouldn't rule out 6w7, as it is particularly prone to keep trying on different E-types like exciting new coats. 3, 6 & 9 often have fuzzy identities and if individuality is important (e.g. INFP) can easily become obsessed with self-discovery and defining themselves. Remember also that six is possibly the most varied of types and can be similar in behaviour to any other type.

But yeah you need to see it for yourself and not just take anyone's word for it.