• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] People who look like 8s but aren't

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
given the huge number of people who have mistyped as 8s in the past (self included) I feel this is a much needed thread :yes:

for starters
50 Cent: 6w5 Sx/Sp
Mike Tyson: 6w7 Sx/So
Sergeant Hartman (Full Metal Jacket): 6w5 Sp/So
Quentin Tarantino: 7w8 So/Sx
King Leonidas (300) : 3w2 So/Sx
Wolverine: 7w8 Sx/Sp
Harrison Ford: 1w9 Sp/Sx
Tupac: 6w5 Sx/So

Last edited:

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
I only know two:

Ari Gold: 3w2
Gordon Ramsay: 3w2, 6w7, or 1w2

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I only know two:

Ari Gold: 3w2
Gordon Ramsay: 3w2, 6w7, or 1w2

agreed, Gordon Ramsey in interviews is much more soft than an 8. he seems like a confident 6 to me

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
I wouldn't even say he's a confident 6. If you watch his various shows, you can see that he fidgets a lot and acts very anxiously when talking in front of a group. He also tends to back down a bit from heated confrontations and will try to have others "gang" up on the person he's fighting. I remember seeing this one show of his where he went to India and just seemed really unsure of what he was doing and was wondering whether he made mistakes when someone was speaking Hindi after he did something. Compare this to Anthony Bourdain (a 7w8, I think) who comes up much more confident of what he's doing and tends to make jokes in uncertain situations rather than being doubtful of himself.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wouldn't even say he's a confident 6. If you watch his various shows, you can see that he fidgets a lot and acts very anxiously when talking in front of a group. He also tends to back down a bit from heated confrontations and will try to have others "gang" up on the person he's fighting. I remember seeing this one show of his where he went to India and just seemed really unsure of what he was doing and was wondering whether he made mistakes when someone was speaking Hindi after he did something. Compare this to Anthony Bourdain (a 7w8, I think) who comes up much more confident of what he's doing and tends to make jokes in uncertain situations rather than being doubtful of himself.

on the other hand, a real 8w7 talk show host would be Jillian Michaels from The Biggest Loser

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
to add to the list
Chamillionaire: 3w4 Sp/Sx
Lloyd Banks: 3w? Sp/Sx

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
on the other hand, a real 8w7 talk show host would be Jillian Michaels from The Biggest Loser

Either that or a 3w4. I remember seeing her once on a talk show where she said that she used to be bullied in school because of the way she looked so she avoided going to prom and still doesn't go to class reunions. An 8, to me, would ignore her bullies and do whatever she likes, but I'm not sure whether all 8's are like that. But yeah, either way, Jillian is much more confident in the way she speaks and acts as compared to Ramsay.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Either that or a 3w4. I remember seeing her once on a talk show where she said that she used to be bullied in school because of the way she looked so she avoided going to prom and still doesn't go to class reunions. An 8, to me, would ignore her bullies and do whatever she likes, but I'm not sure whether all 8's are like that. But yeah, either way, Jillian is much more confident in the way she speaks and acts as compared to Ramsay.

actually, what you described sounds more 8. bullying makes one feel vulnerable, there is nothing an 8 hates more than that

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
given the huge number of people who have mistyped as 8s in the past (self included) I feel this is a much needed thread :yes:

for starters
50 Cent: 6w5
Mike Tyson: 6w7
Sergeant Hartman (Full Metal Jacket): 6w7
Quentin Tarantino: 7w8
King Leonidas (300) : 3w2
Wolverine: 7w8
Harrison Ford: 1w9

I agree with every except Sergeant Hartman. Not a 6w7, hell no!! I think he could be an ESTJ 6w5 Sp/So like Bellick in Prision Break, who look 8 too.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with every except Sergeant Hartman. Not a 6w7, hell no!! I think he could be an ESTJ 6w5 Sp/So like Bellick in Prision Break, who look 8 too.

I'll take your word for it because I can't tell the difference between 6w7 and 6w5. edited
while I'm at it, I think I'll add everyone's instinct variant too

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also.

Indira Gandhi: 1w2 So/Sp
Denzel Washington: 3w2 Sx/Sp
Charlie Sheen: 3w2 So/Sp
Two-Face: 3w2 Sp/So
Arnold Shwarzenneger: 3w2 So/Sp
Steaven Seagal: 3w4 Sx/Sp
Madonna: 3w4 Sx/So
Siouxie Sioux: 4w3 So/Sx
Beast (Beauty & The Beast): 4w3 So/Sx
The Penguin: 4w3 So/Sx
Stewie Griffin: 4w3
Hannibal Lector: 5w4 Sx/So
Dr Gregory House: 5w6 So/Sx
Howard Hughes: 5w6 Sx/So
Bob Dole: 6w5 Sp/So
Norman Mailer: 6w5 Sp/So
Chuck Norris: 6w5 So/Sp
2Pac: 6w5 Sx/So
Charles Bukowski: 6w5 Sx/So
Rosie O'Donnell: 6w7 Sp/So
Rush Limbaugh: 6w7 Sp/So
Dennis Rodman: 6w7 Sx/So
Axl Rose: 6w7 Sx/So
Lucille Ball: 7w8 So/Sx
Julius Caesar: 7w8 So/Sp

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll take your word for it because I can't tell the difference between 6w7 and 6w5. edited
while I'm at it, I think I'll add everyone's instinct variant too

Also, Tupac is 6w5 Sx/So, not 6w7 Sx/So.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Leonidas is not an e3. As a guess, 8w7.

Leonidas is extremely E3. all he cares about is glory. compare him to his wife, who is a real 8w7

rav3n

Leonidas is extremely E3. all he cares about is glory. compare him to his wife, who is a real 8w7
No, I've seen 300 at least 4 times and his flavour isn't glory. It's standing up for what he believes to the detriment of self. If you believe in the health levels, he's at the top.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, I've seen 300 at least 4 times and his flavour isn't glory. It's standing up for what he believes to the detriment of self. If you believe in the health levels, he's at the top.

more like the bottom, the man was a lunatic. he had a chance to kill the Persian emperor, end the war and have the lives of him and his men spared, but he chose just to clip him on the cheek and "die honorably" what an ego maniac

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think Leonidas is a 8 too. 8 reach for glory also, but 8 reach it being a fighter and a protector, while 3s reach it projecting an image and mastaking praise and admiration for love, that's not Leonidas at all. The virtue of the 8 is innocence, magnanimity, it's coherent with his behavior with the Persians.

rav3n

more like the bottom, the man was a lunatic. he had a chance to kill the Persian emperor, end the war and have the lives of him and his men spared, but he chose just to clip him on the cheek and "die honorably" what an ego maniac
Huh? He was trying to kill Xerxes, not graze his cheek. Have you even seen the movie?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Huh? He was trying to kill Xerxes, not graze his cheek. Have you even seen the movie?

no, he purposefully missed. I've seen it several times

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm with Jenaphor, 8w7. Leonidas had an objective. The guy in the movie isn't the type of person that would enter a war just to pump his ego. He didn't wanna see his people enslaved, that was his determinant motivation. I should mention that every type wants some kind of recognition, you don't need to be a Enneagram 3 to desire that. And I doubt he purposefully missed that hit. ;)