• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] Fours with balanced wings

Nymma

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
OK, so I'm considering the possibility of being a 4 with balanced wings. The problem is, there's zero information about enneatypes with balanced wings.

I want to know:

1)How do the 4wX differ from 4w5s and 4w3s?

2)How much influence will the wings have on the type?

3) If you're a 4wX, please tell me what is/are your goals in life, what affects you, what drives you, how much importance do you put on recognition, why do you withdraw from the world/how much withdrawing time do you need and anything else that might be insightful.

4w5s and 4w3s are also welcome to bring peices of their psyche to light in this thread.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
OK, so I'm considering the possibility of being a 4 with balanced wings. The problem is, there's zero information about enneatypes with balanced wings.

Actually, there is information concenring the inlfuence of the wings (although this is basically it) :)

4w3
Fours with a 3 wing can sometimes seem like Sevens. May be outgoing, have a sense of humor and style. Prize being both creative and effective in the world. Both intuitive and ambitious; may have good imaginations, often talented. Some are colorful, fancy dressers, make a distinct impression. Self-knowledge combines well with social and organizational skills. When more entranced, often have a public/private split. Could conceal feelings in public then go home to loneliness. Or they could enjoy their work and be dissatisfied in love. Tendency towards melodrama and flamboyance; true feelings can often be hidden. Competitive, sneaky, aware of how they look. Some have bad taste. May be fickle in love, drawn to romantic images that they have projected onto others. Could have a dull spouse, then fantasize about glamorous strangers. Achievements can be tainted by jealousy, revenge, or a desire to prove the crowd wrong.

4w5
Healthy side of this wing brings a withdrawn, complex creativity. May be somewhat intellectual but have exceptional depth of feeling and insight. Very much their own person; original and idiosyncratic. Have a spiritual and aesthetic openness. Will find multiple levels of meaning to most events. May have a strong need and ability to pour themselves into artistic creations. Loners; can seem enigmatic and hard to read. Externally reserved and internally resonant. When they open up it can be sudden and total. When entranced or defensive, Fours with a 5 wing can easily feel alienated and depressed. Many have a sense of not belonging, of being from another planet. Can get lost in their own process, drown in their own ocean. Whiny - tend to ruminate and relive past experience. Prone to the emotion of shame. Air of sullen, withdrawn disappointment. May live within a private mythology of pain and loss. Can get deeply morbid and fall in love with death.

If you're a 4wX, please tell me what is/are your goals in life, what affects you, what drives you, how much importance do you put on recognition, why do you withdraw from the world/how much withdrawing time do you need and anything else that might be insightful.

Well, my ultimate goal in life is to better the world and its inhabitants in a grand manner and mark my image in the history books for doing so. Granted though that makes more 1w2 then so 4w5, but that is primarily why 4 is last in my tri-type (it's still important to me though). What I worry about sometimes is that my achievments, my existence, could potentially go forgotten once I die, and that I would have lived the life of a nobody; accomplishing nothing without any memory of me to remain. I feel as though life would be worthless if I cannot become something of a great individual in the world, thus I aspire to greatness and grand recognition; to become a unique somebody. What makes me a 5 rather than a 3, is that I draw little influence from those of the external world; I feel that living up to the expectations of others is phony and inauthentic. Rather I derive my own sense of what I want to be; I always think and evnision what I could become in life and create my own sense of destiny. I'm also far more introverted and lost in my head like a 5 as opposed to the outgoing and energetic nature of a 3.

I hope that helps. :)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Balanced" wings generally means a person doesn't have a strong wing or one at all. They'll seem more like a "pure" type. Enneagram is kind of a spectrum...the wings allow types to blend into the next in varying degrees. Generally, a wing is a secondary emotional motivation that can be nearly as strong as the main one, or not very strong at all, depending on the individual. If a person can't discern a second motivation at all & doesn't strongly identify with a wing, then they may not really have a wing.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Especially if there isn't anyone around versed in enneagram to evaluate the situation.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From the http://www.enneagraminstitute.com:

There is disagreement among the various traditions of the Enneagram about whether individuals have one or two wings. Strictly speaking, everyone has two wings—in the restricted sense that both of the types adjacent to your basic type are operative in your personality since each person possesses the potentials of all nine types. However, this is not what is usually meant by "having two wings," and proponents of the so-called two-wing theory believe that both wings operate more or less equally in everyone's personality. (For example, they believe that a Nine would have roughly equal amounts of his or her Eight and One wings.)

Observation of people leads us to conclude that while the two-wing theory applies to some individuals, most people have a dominant wing.

One other observation about wings is worth mentioning. In the course of teaching the Enneagram in workshops and Trainings, many people in the latter half of their lives have reported the development of their so-called "second wing." And in individuals who have been pursuing psychological and/or spiritual work, we have seen evidence that this is true.

Nymma

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
OrangeAppled and Savage Idealist: thank you for the information.

Except for the outgoing, organized and social part, I relate to the 4w3 description. And the 4w5 one really really resonate with me.

I don't care so much for shining for others, but I need to shine for myself, if you know what I mean. I need my existence to have eternal meaning, and for the meaning to be...uncomparable. I am my own judge, I set my own standards, which are, well, impossible to reach. I am not a "doing" person, though. I prefer to dream about it. But I need to create in order to be happy and satisfied, so...I have to seek undying uniqueness and authenticity, have to express myself and my perspectives through writing, and deliver the meaning I find to the world. I have a love and hate relationship with recongnition. I am stuck right now. I am an endless seeker, always looking for ways to express myself, on the lookout for how I could find things I lack. I see myself in what you have said about your goals in life, Savage Idealist.

Hmm..but what if I have two very very stong wings? Perhaps I should have used the term"double wings" instead of balanced wings? I feel like I am mainly a Four, then nearly equally a Five, and then, almost as much a Three as a Five. Is it normal to have two extremly strong wings at 19 years old? I certainly haven't reached the"latter half of my life" yet. I think I am going to side with the two-wings beleivers...

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
OrangeAppled and Savage Idealist: thank you for the information.

Except for the outgoing, organized and social part, I relate to the 4w3 description. And the 4w5 one really really resonate with me.

I don't care so much for shining for others, but I need to shine for myself, if you know what I mean. I need my existence to have eternal meaning, and for the meaning to be...uncomparable. I am my own judge, I set my own standards, which are, well, impossible to reach. I am not a "doing" person, though. I prefer to dream about it. But I need to create in order to be happy and satisfied, so...I have to seek undying uniqueness and authenticity, have to express myself and my perspectives through writing, and deliver the meaning I find to the world. I have a love and hate relationship with recongnition. I am stuck right now. I am an endless seeker, always looking for ways to express myself, on the lookout for how I could find things I lack. I see myself in what you have said about your goals in life, Savage Idealist.

Hmm..but what if I have two very very stong wings? Perhaps I should have used the term"double wings" instead of balanced wings? I feel like I am mainly a Four, then nearly equally a Five, and then, almost as much a Three as a Five. Is it normal to have two extremly strong wings at 19 years old? I certainly haven't reached the"latter half of my life" yet. I think I am going to side with the two-wings beleivers...

Sounds more like 4w5 more so than 4w3, although it is entirely possible that both your wing types are fairly strong, or that in terms of the tr-type, that 5 is one of your main types; being a 5w4 > 4w3 could give one the illusion that they may be 4w5, when in actuality it's just the influence of their 5 enneagram. Age my play a role as well, as most people still develop at least until their eraly to mid twenties or so.

Also, I actually feel kinda honored in a way, that you share similar life goals as I do :)

Nymma

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Sounds more like 4w5 more so than 4w3, although it is entirely possible that both your wing types are fairly strong, or that in terms of the tr-type, that 5 is one of your main types; being a 5w4 > 4w3 could give one the illusion that they may be 4w5, when in actuality it's just the influence of their 5 enneagram. Age my play a role as well, as most people still develop at least until their eraly to mid twenties or so.

Also, I actually feel kinda honored in a way, that you share similar life goals as I do :)

Re: goals--aww:)

5w4 4w3...hmm, I have actually never thought of that option. I was going for a 4w5 7w6 1w9 tritype, but I suppose 4w3 5w4 1w9 or even 5w4 4w3 1w9 would be possible too. I had the greatest trouble deciding if my Head fix was a Seven or a Five... How can you tell the difference between a Seven integrated to Five and a Five disintegrated to Seven? And from a One disintegrated to four an a Four integrated to One? I have lots and lots of "One traits", more than I see in fellow Fours, so I was wondering...And while I'm asking the 47 comprehension questions, do you know something helpful about distinguishing a Five from a Four? Particularly between 4w5 and 5w4. Because I feel like both enneatypes fit me like a glove.

Thanks a lot for all your help so far--you're a really helpful poster:)

Catharsis

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Fours base their identity on what differentiates them from others, which is simultaneously their source of their shame and justification of their existence. They wear their uniqueness with pride buit secretly long for the component they believe is missing in them but others possess. They hold an almost aggressive stance against anything "normal" or "mundane".

Fives feel as if the world demands too much, and their response is to withdraw and hoard knowledge in order to prepare for anything that might be dangerous to them. This can lead to useless specialization in areas that are highly impractical and doesn't really help them function in the real world. They don't deal with emotion publicly, but in solitude.

Fours are in the reactive triad (together with types 6 and 8), thus they want an emotional response from others when they are upset about something. Fives are in the competency triad (including types 1 and 3) and strive to approach problem solving with a logical and impersonal attitude.

Fours are histrionic and dramatic, Fives schizoid and detached.

B

brainheart

Fours are in the reactive triad (together with types 6 and 8), thus they want an emotional response from others when they are upset about something. Fives are in the competency triad (including types 1 and 3) and strive to approach problem solving with a logical and impersonal attitude.

I think it's important to emphasize the point 'when they are upset about something', as far as fours go. People tend to have this misconception that fours are emotional and dramatic all the time, but it's a behavior which (especially for a 4w5) will likely not be so apparent unless they are feeling vulnerable/ in the unhealthy levels.

Nymma

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Fours base their identity on what differentiates them from others, which is simultaneously their source of their shame and justification of their existence. They wear their uniqueness with pride buit secretly long for the component they believe is missing in them but others possess. They hold an almost aggressive stance against anything "normal" or "mundane". .

That...is EXACTLY the kind of mindset I have about existence. I see uniqueness as the essence of meaning. So everything not unique I see as insignifiant. I have the purest disdain for normality. How can someone or something mean anything if they're common or average? I judge myself mainly on my uniqueness. If I think I am not unique enough, I go through periods of self-hate, and I show off (mostly to myself but to the world as well) what uniqueness I can find in myself. (But I do think I was born different, and I think I am more unique than most people. I take it for granted, but when an equally unique person comes along, I have the need to surpass his/her uniqueness to keep my uniqueness because uniqueness, like everything else, is relative, and traits are defined by comparisons).

I also think I am lacking in many ways others do not, and I have a sort of...countershame response to it. Authentic no matter what, but always on the lookout for being fulfilled whithin an ideal identity, ideal connection to life in one way or another.(may it be in some experience, person, work or hobby). I fantasize about what I don't have, I turn into an envious person, but then I pity and sort of look down on those persons at the same time. I feel like I both love and hate many things. I envy and disdain the things I envy and feel self-disdain for feeling envy in the first place.

Fives feel as if the world demands too much, and their response is to withdraw and hoard knowledge in order to prepare for anything that might be dangerous to them. This can lead to useless specialization in areas that are highly impractical and doesn't really help them function in the real world. They don't deal with emotion publicly, but in solitude. .

All of that is also true with me. I live like a recluse, withdrawing from the outer world to protect myself. Collecting knowledge makes me feel confident, more competent, like I can handle more things. I can be dramatic( in positive ways and negative ways) when I'm with many people, but I never would create scenes in public places like restaurants or things like that--I think it's childish and the rest of the world don't need to know about private matters. I sort of...unvoluntarily show my emotions to people. I hate being intruded upon, and I want to avoid all the fakely sympathic "awws" or/and "talk to me-are you OKaaaayy" annoyance, so I deal with it by trying to hide my tears if I am on the verge of breaking down. It's humiliating to me to cry in front of people. I am dramatic, but attempt to(it rarely works) appear detached when I'm falling apart.

Well, I had previously thought that I didn't belong in the emotionally reactive triad, but in fact, I had the wrong definition of reactive triad. (I had thought it was a triad for...overly dramatic, mood swinging people. I have seen far far far worst than myself in those areas, so in comparison, I didn't see myself having those traits).I could see myself as an emotionally reactive person, yes. But then, I can also see myself as being in the competency triad. When my friends come to me with a problem, I adopt a logical and impersonal air( and I wince at how cold-hearted I may have sounded.) I intellectualize everything. I try to go for the logical answer, but I end up selecting what "feels right" at the time. My moods have a great influence on my choices. Am very spontaneous. Honestly, associating "detachment" and "emotional" to me would kind of be both true, even if it doesn't make sense. In some ways, I am detached, in other ways I am not. I'm filled with contradictions.

Nymma

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
I think it's important to emphasize the point 'when they are upset about something', as far as fours go. People tend to have this misconception that fours are emotional and dramatic all the time, but it's a behavior which (especially for a 4w5) will likely not be so apparent unless they are feeling vulnerable/ in the unhealthy levels.

YES! Thank you. Some things that have made me doubt I was a Four in the past are that I don't tend to be all sentimental and "Feely-Feely" at all. I have a distaste for that, actually. And I hate negative dramatic displays(sometimes, just sometimes, I tend to give in to ridiculous drama(mostly with my parents, though) but I usually don't. I am theatrical by nature, so I tend to express myself positively(when I say positively, I mean, expressing myself without creating childish drama).But yeah, doing immature, out of control scenes in front of everyone is not the way I function. Whining and doing stuff for attention is a behavior I find particularly repulsive.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Re: goals--aww:)

5w4 4w3...hmm, I have actually never thought of that option. I was going for a 4w5 7w6 1w9 tritype, but I suppose 4w3 5w4 1w9 or even 5w4 4w3 1w9 would be possible too. I had the greatest trouble deciding if my Head fix was a Seven or a Five... How can you tell the difference between a Seven integrated to Five and a Five disintegrated to Seven? And from a One disintegrated to four an a Four integrated to One? I have lots and lots of "One traits", more than I see in fellow Fours, so I was wondering...

It depends on how one acts when unhealthy; disintegrating into another type will reveal the worst behaviors of that type; an unhealthy 1 will become moody, hypersensitive, and overemotional, where as a four intergrating into healthy 1 levels will be much more principled and ethical. It's imperative to analyze the differences of behavior when one is stressed to when one is complacent/average; who do you act differently when you're stressed?

And while I'm asking the 47 comprehension questions, do you know something helpful about distinguishing a Five from a Four? Particularly between 4w5 and 5w4. Because I feel like both enneatypes fit me like a glove.

[MENTION=14224]Catharsis[/MENTION] gave an excellent explanation between the two; these descriptions should also help as well:

4w5
Healthy side of this wing brings a withdrawn, complex creativity. May be somewhat intellectual but have exceptional depth of feeling and insight. Very much their own person; original and idiosyncratic. Have a spiritual and aesthetic openness. Will find multiple levels of meaning to most events. May have a strong need and ability to pour themselves into artistic creations. Loners; can seem enigmatic and hard to read. Externally reserved and internally resonant. When they open up it can be sudden and total. When entranced or defensive, Fours with a 5 wing can easily feel alienated and depressed. Many have a sense of not belonging, of being from another planet. Can get lost in their own process, drown in their own ocean. Whiny - tend to ruminate and relive past experience. Prone to the emotion of shame. Air of sullen, withdrawn disappointment. May live within a private mythology of pain and loss. Can get deeply morbid and fall in love with death.

5w4
The difference between the 4 wing and the 6 wing in Fives is like the difference between Art and Science. 4 wing brings an abstract, intuitive cast of thought, as though the Five were thinking in geometric shapes instead of words or realistic images. May be talented artistically and inhabit moods like Fours do. Combine intellectual and emotional imagination. Enjoy the realm of philosophy and beautiful constructs of thought. The marriage of mental perspective and aesthetics is the best of life for them. When more defensive may seem a little ghostly, have a whisper in their voice. Fluctuate between impersonal withdrawal and bursts of friendly caring. Can get floaty and abstract. Act like they're inside a bubble, sometimes with an air of implicit superiority. Cliché of the "absentminded professor" applies especially to Fives with this wing. Environmentally sensitive and subject at times to total overwhelm. Touchy about criticism. Can be slow to recover from traumatic events. Melancholy isolation and bleak existential depression are possible pitfalls.

Thanks a lot for all your help so far--you're a really helpful poster:)

Sure thing, you're welcome, and thank you :)

Nymma

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
It depends on how one acts when unhealthy; disintegrating into another type will reveal the worst behaviors of that type; an unhealthy 1 will become moody, hypersensitive, and overemotional, where as a four intergrating into healthy 1 levels will be much more principled and ethical. It's imperative to analyze the differences of behavior when one is stressed to when one is complacent/average; who do you act differently when you're stressed?

Well, no matter how unealthy I am, you can always count on me to be ethical, to do the right thing. Through my unealthy periods and heatlhy phases, my principles were always strong...I rarely went against my values, but maybe it's more of a Fi thing than a One thing. I don't know. I sometimes suspect I am a One because I'm much more justice driven than all of the Fours I have seen/met(or at least, none of the Fours anywhere have given any indication of being interested in changing the world like I am...). Although 4s SO/SP are apparently very One-ish, if one beleives the description. I need to act in a very moral way all the time--it's as easy as breathing.

I was born a HSP, so hypersensitivity and being moody are normal behavior for me-they're part of me, it's not like I can control or change it. I would like to be more in control of my emotions,(when I'm surrounded by people, I mean) but it's just impossible for me to do that. If I could have a permanent poker face and still feel deeply as I do, it would be perfect. I wouldn't survive without feeling powerfully-emptiness would be the worst thing to have. **shudders**.

When I'm stressed, I self-indulge a lot(still do when I'm not, but it gets extremly excessive when I'm unealthy), I procrastinate even more than I do and sort of live for fun. I just do everything in excess, I get impulsive a lot. Also, I remember, when I was depressed, I annoyed my friends(they told me that, and I wasn't too impressed with them for saying so) with my problems a lot(too much, they said), I was obsessed, eternally fixated on the negative things in my life(it's a tendency regardless of my unealthy states but it worsens when I'm down), I engaged into self-harm activities, I had morbid daydreaming about "getting revenge", I, eh, sort of dropped self-harm hints when teachers or friends were nearby. I was mad that they didn't noticed, or didn't seem to care, but when they "tried to help me", I was even madder, and I ended up ridiculing the vice-principal by pretending he had lied about my self-harming tendencies. I made her look like a fool, like a worrywart, like a really stupid person. I convinced my parents of it. I guess I can get very manipulative and secretly needy but trying to look like I am not, like I need no one. It's like I wanted help but didn't at the same time. It's..weird.

That was the first time I actually hated someone(the vice principal) and the only time I remember breaking my ethics(pretending she had lied--I usually am very honest, manipulating people(am very against that behavior), etc. I could not recognize myself. I feel she had no buisness telling me to improve or to stop what I was doing, she made me feel miniscule small, and she created in myself more shame than I had(even though I was practically dripping with shame at that time, and frankly, for nearly all my life) before I entered her office(some student reported my harming tendencies). I don't care if it was her stupid job to talk to me--it's my life, I do what I do with it, and I have the right to think what I want of myself--if I'm not satisfied with myself, it's my choice, it's my feelings and the hell with everybody's opinion! I have developped a hate of psyshologists and refused to see any more of those bastards. She didn't understand me very well(no one really does)and I hated her for trying when I didn't want her to.

One issue I have with possibly being a One is that I am much more identity-focused than I am justice-focused. Both are very important to me, but identity comes first. That sorts of points towards Three or Four.

[MENTION=14224]Catharsis[/MENTION] gave an excellent explanation between the two; these descriptions should also help as well:
[/QUOTE]

Both descriptions fit me well. Too well. I cannot in good conscience pick one of them.

Nymma

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Here, take this test. Don't ponder over your answer, just go with your gut and choose what answer immediately stands out to you. With enough self-awareness, it should give some direction to your true type.

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-quick-amp-painless-enneagram-test

No need to worry about my self-awareness--I know everything about me. OK, here goes...

Your result for The Quick & Painless ENNEAGRAM Test ...

4- the Individualist
Thanks for taking the test !

"I am unique"
Romantics have sensitive feelings and are warm and perceptive.

How to Get Along with Me

• Give me plenty of compliments. They mean a lot to me.

• Be a supportive friend or partner. Help me to learn to love and value myself.

• Respect me for my special gifts of intuition and vision.

• Though I don't always want to be cheered up when I'm feeling melancholy, I sometimes like to have someone lighten me up a little.

• Don't tell me I'm too sensitive or that I'm overreacting!

What I Like About Being a FOUR

• my ability to find meaning in life and to experience feeling at a deep level

• my ability to establish warm connections with people

• admiring what is noble, truthful, and beautiful in life

• my creativity, intuition, and sense of humor

• being unique and being seen as unique by others

• having aesthetic sensibilities

• being able to easily pick up the feelings of people around me

What's Hard About Being a FOUR

• experiencing dark moods of emptiness and despair

• feelings of self-hatred and shame; believing I don't deserve to be loved

• feeling guilty when I disappoint people

• feeling hurt or attacked when someone misunderstands me

• expecting too much from myself and life

• fearing being abandoned

• obsessing over resentments

• longing for what I don't have

FOURs as Children Often

• have active imaginations: play creatively alone or organize playmates in original games

• are very sensitive

• feel that they don't fit in

• believe they are missing something that other people have

• attach themselves to idealized teachers, heroes, artists, etc.

• become antiauthoritarian or rebellious when criticized or not understood

• feel lonely or abandoned (perhaps as a result of a death or their parents' divorce)

FOURs as Parents

• help their children become who they really are

• support their children's creativity and originality

• are good at helping their children get in touch with their feelings

• are sometimes overly critical or overly protective

• are usually very good with children if not too self-absorbed

-----------

Not to criticize the test, but it seemed rather short...Ah well, I definitly identify with my result.

Upon discovering the enneagram theory, I had identified as a 4w5. I never really doubted my type until I received feedback that my pattern was more 3w4 alike. The arguments of that person were logical, so it convinced me and I switched to 3w4. It was not long before I found many things that just...didn't fit. I just didn't relate to the unealthy states or healthy states of a Three, I am an obvious withdrawn, not an assertive, and on and on. Then, I settled for being an "unknown" and collected avidly enneatype info, evaluating each type in depth and trying to see ways I could relate to them all, no matter how slims the chances were I was such an such type. It probably wasn't the brightest idea, since it confused me and now I think I'm either a Four, Three, Five, Seven, or One. The process of elimination is rather slow.

Anyway..I made another thread before making this one and so far everyone has typed me as a 4w5. Honestly, I feel like it's what I am, a 4w5. But I don't want to settle for it in case it's a mistype. I'm leaning towards 4w5 7w6 1w9 at the moment. It would certainly explain why I see myself as all those types I have mentioned above. Fours, healthy ones, experience a connection to One, and 1w9 being in my tritype as well as helped by Fi used dominantly would make me a more justice driven Four than most. Five as a second motivation as my wing and my Seven fix integration to Five would explain how much I relate to eneatype 5w4, and 7w6 as the Head fix explains the Seven traits I have. In theory, everyone has two wings, but only(usually) one dominant one,so my w3 might just be well developped. Yup,
4w5 7w6 1w9 would sum up all my motivations and to which degree they are experienced.

I know my greatest need is to be unique, authentically. I know my greatest focus is on my identity and how to express myself, how to create things(mainly through writing) that will convey my self-meaning, and the meaning I find in the world. Without those,I don't see the point of being alive.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=10256]Nymma[/MENTION]: core 4w5 sounds about right from what you posted; I'd say that 4w5 > 7w6 > 1w9 probably does fit you, although the order of the last two may vary. If I come across any other additional/useful information regarding stress points and enneagram, I'll be sure to post it. :)

Catharsis

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Enneagram isn't about boxing in your type but to let go of your basic fear and be able to experience the moods and feelings of all types, thus tritypes are only limiting and has no place in enneagram theory.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For a while, I didn't even believe in wings because I didn't identify with 6w5 or 6w7 descriptions.

My wing is probably very slightly towards 5. It is more 5 than 7. Neither one really fits though.