• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 5] 5 and trustworthy

simbad

Enneagram
4w3
If someone is important to a five do they at the beginning test the other person's trust and if so, how?

VagrantFarce

If someone is important to a five do they at the beginning test the other person's trust and if so, how?

Whoever this person is that you keep asking about, you should stop looking at them through the Enneagram - then you'll know the answer to your own question.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Like Affably Evil I'm more likely to just wait and see. I don't really 'test' in the literal sense of the word. I gather information about the person and use that information to gauge the likelihood that the person is trustworthy. I think 6's are more prone to testing others trust.

Batoru rowaiaru!

Huh?

Mae

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5sp
I'm not inclined towards testing people or playing those kinds of games at all.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No. I wait and see.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't think my 5 has ever tested me.

Infact, maybe it's just my 5, but in ALL the relationships I've been in.. I've noticed that the 5 is hands-down the most authentic and raw with their thoughts and feelings. (when they decide to reveal-which is a bit rare) and think they might be the most equipped of all types to defend against emotional hijacking.

In almost every relation I've ever been in there has been some kind of psychological game playing.. from very moderate to extreme.. and I've never seen the slightest, even the slightest tendency for my 5 to do this. It's probably the very best quality of our relationship, as we have been together for years now. I'm really glad to have that experience.. I think it's really healed me in alot of ways... because I haven't been able to play any kind of emotional games, be it power struggles, manipulation, guilt, I've had to take a good hard look at my own motivations, and been slapped in the face a few times when I've attempting to go to psychological war. OTOH.. IF my 5 had one weakness.. it would be sex. I've noticed it in a few 5's. If the sex is good and often enough.. you'll see a 5 become VERY sweet and tender.. but it's still on their own terms. A 5 won't tolerate emotional manipulation.. and I think because of this they also see NO NEED to manipulate another. They might watch and see, infact they prefer to do this.. they prefer to give you all the freedom in the world to be who you are.. so they know what they are getting into.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
They might watch and see, infact they prefer to do this.. they prefer to give you all the freedom in the world to be who you are.. so they know what they are getting into.

Yup, and also agree with the disinterest in emotional manipulation. People seem to expect it, though.

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm dating a 5. He's never tested me. He does, however, call me on any inconsistencies immediately. I then have a chance to either explain myself or just shrug and say, "Eh." ;)

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What I do do is protect my boundaries, no games. I like people to be straight forward. If you like me, say it. I like you I will say it back. Uncomplicated, and to the point.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I struggle to trust people and it takes me a while to trust them fully. I want to treat everyone in a civil manor but I come across as cold to new people in uncomfortable settings. I want to get along with people but it's hard for me to let them in off the bat. I suppose I test them on a subconscious level, see if they are not too clingy, share my interests, and will not betray me. It's not a structured, purposeful test but it's kind of standing by, interacting with the people, and taking in what qualities they have. I have had some minorly negative experiences. Nothing extreme but just things that make me wary to outright let people in.