• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 3] 3w4s vs 4w3s

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this is not another "type me thread" I simply wish to make a thread going into the difference between 3w4 and 4w3, because I suspect a lot of people who think they are 4s are really 3w4.
- 3w4s are usually more calm and cool headed, 4w3s are more emotional and have more passionate energy. this is probably the most significant difference. 3w4s often think they're emotional, but they're usually one of the least emotional of all the types. if you considering or think you are a 4w3 but you're thinking "I'm just a less emotional 4", I would suggest looking at 3w4 :yes:
- 3w4s have a bit more of a practical bent than 4w3s. this is not to suggest that 4w3s can't be practical, but 3w4s tend to be effectiveness first, embellishment second. 4w3s tend to have reverse priorities
- 3w4s are detached, they can actually look a lot like 5s and 1s
- both 3w4s and 4w3s have a flair for the dramatic and the theatrical, but 4w3s often take this to a more extreme degree. a 3w4 is more likely to have a more subtly theatrical personality with chosen moments of extreme drama/flair
- 4w3s under extreme stress turn into an emotional wildfire of a mess coupled with manipulation and emotional neediness. 3w4s under extreme stress turn into "ice queens" (quoted from Skylights :D ). they become more detached, more elitist and less likely to be empathetic or merciful. many times they become more driven to get what they want and will stop at nothing to accomplish goals (a good example of this is Scarlett O'Hara from Gone with the Wind). however it is worth noting that that under stress, 3w4s have more temperamental moments and the 4 and 3 tendencies become a little more split apart from each othe
- 4w3s are a little more easy to spot, 3w4s can look like a myriad of different types

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
3w4 are human doing, they based their identity on over identifying with their performed achivements.
4w3 are human feeling, they based their identity on over identifying with their feelings and emotions.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
3w4 are human doing, they based their identity on over identifying with their performed achivements.
4w3 are human feeling, they based their identity on over identifying with their feelings and emotions.

this is true, but I think a lot of 3w4s wouldn't identify as such immediately. I think 3w4s are a little more in the middle in this regard

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
By this I am a 3w4 @_@

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
this is not another "type me thread" I simply wish to make a thread going into the difference between 3w4 and 4w3, because I suspect a lot of people who think they are 4s are really 3w4.
- 3w4s are usually more calm and cool headed, 4w3s are more emotional and have more passionate energy. this is probably the most significant difference. 3w4s often think they're emotional, but they're usually one of the least emotional of all the types. if you considering or think you are a 4w3 but you're thinking "I'm just a less emotional 4", I would suggest looking at 3w4 :yes:
- 3w4s have a bit more of a practical bent than 4w3s. this is not to suggest that 4w3s can't be practical, but 3w4s tend to be effectiveness first, embellishment second. 4w3s tend to have reverse priorities
- 3w4s are detached, they can actually look a lot like 5s and 1s
- both 3w4s and 4w3s have a flair for the dramatic and the theatrical, but 4w3s often take this to a more extreme degree. a 3w4 is more likely to have a more subtly theatrical personality with chosen moments of extreme drama/flair
- 4w3s under extreme stress turn into an emotional wildfire of a mess coupled with manipulation and emotional neediness. 3w4s under extreme stress turn into "ice queens" (quoted from Skylights :D ). they become more detached, more elitist and less likely to be empathetic or merciful. many times they become more driven to get what they want and will stop at nothing to accomplish goals (a good example of this is Scarlett O'Hara from Gone with the Wind). however it is worth noting that that under stress, 3w4s have more temperamental moments and the 4 and 3 tendencies become a little more split apart from each othe
- 4w3s are a little more easy to spot, 3w4s can look like a myriad of different types

- Wouldn't that be true of 8w9s as well? (since you said I am too fancy to be an 8 :p)
- Wouldn't that be more true of 3w2?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- Wouldn't that be true of 8w9s as well? (since you said I am too fancy to be an 8 :p)
- Wouldn't that be more true of 3w2?

bold: to an extent, yes, but 3w4s are much more elitist with it. think Wolfram from Kyo Kara Maoh, he's 3w4 sx/sp
underlined: true of all threes, although the types they are mistaken for are different. 3w4s are more often mistaken for 4s, 5s and 1s; 3w2s are more likely mistaken for 2s and 7s.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Are you trying to tell me something?

It's difficult for me to gauge how emotional I am... I suppose I am probably not as much as I believe myself to be.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you trying to tell me something?

It's difficult for me to gauge how emotional I am... I suppose I am probably not as much as I believe myself to be.

I am the same. but I figured out that I wasn't trully very emotional. I just like to be a drama queen :encore:

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Well... I just scored equally on 3, 4, and 5 on a test the RHETI Sampler Test. Yeah. So not really sure there.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well... I just scored equally on 3, 4, and 5 on a test the RHETI Sampler Test. Yeah. So not really sure there.

those 3 types are difficult to tell apart

R

ReflecTcelfeR

That's what I thought. I would say that I am not really a five, that level of withdraw just doesn't really work well with me. I do introspect quite a bit, though I don't know if I do it effectively enough like the four does. I imagine I'm a 3w4.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's what I thought. I would say that I am not really a five, that level of withdraw just doesn't really work well with me. I do introspect quite a bit, though I don't know if I do it effectively enough like the four does. I imagine I'm a 3w4.

it's possible, most of the type 3 descriptions lean SOO 3w2.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I used to think I was self-less, but... I'm pretty sure this is just an image I wanted to project of myself. I don't mind helping people, but usually like being known for what I've done, which I believe is supposed to be 3 even if it is unhealthy.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I used to think I was self-less, but... I'm pretty sure this is just an image I wanted to project of myself. I don't mind helping people, but usually like being known for what I've done, which I believe is supposed to be 3 even if it is unhealthy.

there's nothing unhealthy about that. being self serving first is a virtue.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

That's been something of a demon to me, that ideology. I wish to burn it with fire.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

The thought that it isn't acceptable to be self-serving.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The thought that it isn't acceptable to be self-serving.

what's so bad about being self serving? you have to be self serving to eat, you have to be self serving to produce, you have to be self serving to grow. altruism has many people poor

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I wish to burn that with fire. I disagree with it as well.