• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] Enneagram 6s, why don't I like you as much as I should?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
lol, yeah, I'm supposedly a 6w5 and although I can appreciate the sentiment of trying to calm my worries, it does feel a bit like you're trivializing them. I guess it's the difference between "there's nothing to worry about, quit being silly" and "everything will turn out OK; we'll find a way."

yeah exactly!

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do all 6s have a knack for sarcasm? I could see that being related to bluntness in some ways.

Qh3OC.jpg

^ to me it seems like 6 and INTP could get along very nicely. we are both interested in building possibilities off given data and also are both very analytical.

I currently think that I'am 6 and INTP. Double benefit so.:biggrin:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTP 6w7? Interesting combination.

From what I can imagine, it seems worlds apart from the prototypical INTP 5. How well do you relate to INTP profiles Speed?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't know what it is, but I feel so uncomfortable around 6s, even the ones on the web give me vibes that I'm not the biggest fan of. I can't really tell what it is :shrug:

I'm not this way around all 6's but there are a couple that can rub me the wrong way for various reasons.

Some 6's seem to rain on my parade. I get excited about some new idea or project and the 6 points out the negatives and what can go wrong. I know that things can go wrong- I don't need to be constantly reminded of it and even if they do, it's not necessarily going to be as catastrophic as the 6 makes it out to be.

Some 6's can be overly sarcastic or confrontational. It's mostly the unhealthy 6's or the highly counterphobic ones.

Some 6's are overly paranoid or skeptical of everything. They want to question everything you say and do. I have customers I serve that are like this. They want to question my credentials, have to have every piece of information validated by a source they consider "authoritative." Around them, I get the impression that I'm constantly being analyzed, that it's not good enough. Sounds like enneagram 1, except their motive is based more on security than in seeking perfection.

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
I'm not this way around all 6's but there are a couple that can rub me the wrong way for various reasons.
I think I can tell why not all do :)

Some 6's seem to rain on my parade. I get excited about some new idea or project and the 6 points out the negatives and what can go wrong. I know that things can go wrong- I don't need to be constantly reminded of it and even if they do, it's not necessarily going to be as catastrophic as the 6 makes it out to be.
Healthy 6es will present them as problems to plan for, rather than problems to make you quit. "What will you do if the engine cuts out?" instead of "The engine is gonna cut out and you're gonna die."

Some 6's can be overly sarcastic or confrontational. It's mostly the unhealthy 6's or the highly counterphobic ones.
Yes >.> the opposite of this is pretty obvious.

Some 6's are overly paranoid or skeptical of everything. They want to question everything you say and do. I have customers I serve that are like this. They want to question my credentials, have to have every piece of information validated by a source they consider "authoritative." Around them, I get the impression that I'm constantly being analyzed, that it's not good enough. Sounds like enneagram 1, except their motive is based more on security than in seeking perfection.
Healthy 6es will think of the most secure way to verify things that they can, and do it themselves wherever possible, instead of making someone else do all the checking including the stuff that ends up unnecessary in retrospect.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lol, I don't think the world is going to end (in the near future).

It is exceptionally irresistable to point out all the potential downsides of situations, though. So you can be prepared. Like this thread is probably just going to turn into a pissing match. :cheese:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
haha well this makes me doubt someones type. I have a 5 who is constantlytrying to convince me that something bad will happen.. "dont go to college because economy will colapse anyway", "i u go to school try looking for a career that will be useful after we loose all modern made things (electricity, computers) because it will soon all be destroyed by humans" :laugh: :laugh: Always that kind of answer! Maybe hes a 6

Given how blasé your friend seems to be* about the grim future he envisions, he could well be a Five, especially a 5w6. Sixes are usually more visibly anxious, like those characters Woody Allen always seems to play. :yes:

* Just a vibe I got, sorry if that isn't the case. :blush:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Healthy 6es will present them as problems to plan for, rather than problems to make you quit. "What will you do if the engine cuts out?" instead of "The engine is gonna cut out and you're gonna die."

:yes:

or better yet, "that engine sounds a little unusual to me. maybe it's just because you've fixed it up so nicely and it's running better than normal, but let's double-check it before you take off anyway."

though i ought to point out that as an FP w7 sp-last, i am probably not going to be the helpful one keeping track of your engine. that would be the TP w5 sp-dom.

Chloe

Given how blasé your friend seems to be* about the grim future he envisions, he could well be a Five, especially a 5w6. Sixes are usually more visibly anxious, like those characters Woody Allen always seems to play. :yes:
* Just a vibe I got, sorry if that isn't the case. :blush:

yeah hes definately too calm, cold-headed for a 6...no anxiety in him.. 5w6 makes a lot of sense

seeing ppl like that makes me believe in wings; which i normaly dont

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
seeing ppl like that makes me believe in wings; which i normaly dont

Hmmm.... why not?
I think I act more often from one more than the other..... 6w5 seems to be a baseline for me, a place where I root, and then I branch out from there. I do act from 6w7 at times, and 9 some, and 8 some, and 3 and 4 some, but 6w5 is where I will always return.

Like this thread is probably just going to turn into a pissing match. :cheese:

Not on this end lol.... not interested. :D

Last edited:

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In response to the OP:

Maybe you know that as much as we are loyal and we love and care about you when you're our friend, a part of us is always watching you for the almost inevitable moment when you'll turn around and stab us in the back. Could that be it?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In response to the OP:

Maybe you know that as much as we are loyal and we love and care about you when you're our friend, a part of us is always watching you for the almost inevitable moment when you'll turn around and stab us in the back. Could that be it?

Nah, I get the sense that I could trust the 6s I can think of no matter what, that's what I really like about 6s, gives me a tingly feeling :)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd totally pay someone to tell Me when someone's saying something about Me behind My back when I'm not on Ventrilo.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nah, I get the sense that I could trust the 6s I can think of no matter what, that's what I really like about 6s, gives me a tingly feeling :)

:)

But we may be questioning if we can trust you or if you're going to abandon us. I'm not proud of that, believe me, but it's kind of true with a lot of people

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd totally pay someone to tell Me when someone's saying something about Me behind My back when I'm not on Ventrilo.

Send me a pm. :biggrin:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
it was kind of an epiphany in my life when i finally came to terms with the fact that people are going to talk about me when i'm not present and they may say things that are unpleasant... and i just have to be ok with that, because it's not going to change.

but the more i act for my own pleasure and benefit and the less i do things for others, the less the above matters. so... it's a realization that sort of pushes me in the direction of being more healthy.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
it was kind of an epiphany in my life when i finally came to terms with the fact that people are going to talk about me when i'm not present and they may say things that are unpleasant... and i just have to be ok with that, because it's not going to change.

but the more i act for my own pleasure and benefit and the less i do things for others, the less the above matters. so... it's a realization that sort of pushes me in the direction of being more healthy.

Excellent points. I'm working on these things too.

Partly by temperament and partly by upbringing/belief, I tend to feel like I should do things for others, put them ahead of myself, be unselfish, etc. But I've realized that I can take these things too far and then it makes me resentful, angry, and inclined to think worse of others, when they don't respond as I would like (with gratitude, living up to my expectations etc - often the case). So I am acknowledging that sometimes I should be a bit more selfish and me-first, sometimes even a lot more. Basically, I think I have some room to spare in that area, so I can be even quite a bit more selfish and still be quite ok. :) And I will feel better and probably feel better about others too.

It's tough, though.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think 6s take everything too seriously, and I hate it when they overreact and randomly start antagonizing me. Other than that, 6s are pretty cool. My best friend from the 5th grade is a 6w5, but ever since he went on to join the marines he kinda became a rabid conservative libertarian or something retarded like that. We don't talk much anymore. I still like him, but I don't want to hear his rants about how Obama is ruining America, and the liberal media is everywhere and they're brainwashing us, so I think it's better this way.

Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, and Rush Limbaugh -- all 6s. Think about that.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think 6s take everything too seriously, and I hate it when they overreact and randomly start antagonizing me. Other than that, 6s are pretty cool. My best friend from the 5th grade is a 6w5, but ever since he went on to join the marines he kinda became a rabid conservative libertarian or something retarded like that. We don't talk much anymore. I still like him, but I don't want to hear his rants about how Obama is ruining America, and the liberal media is everywhere and they're brainwashing us, so I think it's better this way.

Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, and Rush Limbaugh -- all 6s. Think about that.

There are a lot of non-sixes that think this way too..... like entj 8's. There's some truth to it, if you look at the facts in the situation.