• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 2] No love for type 2's?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess I can't speak for others, but I take serious issue with this . I would make a terrible cop. I can't just walk up to someone and start telling them what to do out of nowhere, that's like totally inappropriate.

I agree with this, being cop sounds like a position that would be much more natural for a Te user, probably an STJ as opposed to an NTJ (NTJs are more likely to be CIA lol)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well, I think it's rather rich that you think Jesus can't be typed yet anime characters can?

Jesus is a 2. Deal with it.

imo it's interesting to think of the different roles of jesus in different enneatypes - the King, the Prophet, the protector of children, the wanderer, the reformer, the ascetic in the desert, etc. -

however -

it's quite an interesting point that there is an entire religion built around this guy's sacrifice of his life, for the world. that's really taking 2 self-sacrificing and then making people recognize that sacrifice to a whole other level. ;)

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I guess I can't speak for others, but I take serious issue with this . I would make a terrible cop. I can't just walk up to someone and start telling them what to do out of nowhere, that's like totally inappropriate.

Seriously lolling at the idea of Jesus being an 8.

I meant more along the lines of a profession where people skills and a protective nature are valuable assets. Not every cop is a "hands on the wall, all of you!" type - you need tact when dealing with assault victims or gathering information.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I think it's rather rich that you think Jesus can't be typed yet anime characters can?

Jesus is a 2. Deal with it.

1) Jesus is a divine being, anime characters are (usually) not
2) what we know of Jesus is from a 2,000 book that has been translated several times. we have little way of knowing what he was like in person
3) anime is a very intimate form of entertainment. you get very close to the characters and often times get deep into their psychology.
4) anime characters are often extremely archtypical, yet complex enough to have real personalities. if anything, they are much easier to type than real people

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I meant more along the lines of a profession where people skills and a protective nature are valuable assets. Not every cop is a "hands on the wall, all of you!" type - you need tact when dealing with assault victims or gathering information.

I actually wish there were more SFJ cops. some of the STJ cops I've met were just way too forceful.
PS: I have one rather humorous run in with an STJ cop a few years back, but since the subject of this thread has distastefully been diverted to me several times, I'm going to avoid another such opportunity by posting it on my blog. for those of you who are interested, feel free to stop by my blog :yes:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1) Jesus is a divine being, anime characters are (usually) not.

How about if they are aliens or androids or ghosts?

2) what we know of Jesus is from a 2,000 book that has been translated several times. we have little way of knowing what he was like in person

1: At least he was a person rather than having always been fictional.
2: What we know of him from the book can functional like a fictional character just as well as an anime character can.

3) anime is a very intimate form of entertainment. you get very close to the characters and often times get deep into their psychology.

Or it can be terribly, terribly, shallow. It depends on the work. I'm not religious myself, but maybe you should consider how it would sound to a religious audience for you to imply that people won't feel intimacy or closeness with the bible, particularly Jesus. It made me laugh a little.

4) anime characters are often extremely archtypical, yet complex enough to have real personalities. if anything, they are much easier to type than real people

This is the best point of the four. Jesus is very complicated in the bible, probably because it puts together many different interpretations and accounts and revisions of him, thus not creating a consistent picture. But hell, if you intentionally make an idiosyncratic character you just get Dr. Gregory House and everyone thinks he's the greatest character ever and becomes one of the most popular subjects of personality typing.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've thought that Jesus was a 9.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are you all assuming Jesus existed ? :shock:

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't question his existence; not many historians do. I do question his divine powers though.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't question his existence; not many historians do. I do question his divine powers though.
I see. Well, not many historians are non religious anyways. We should be careful with unanimities.

Just to clarify, I didn't ask for trolling purposes, it's just that it affects the results.
See, people may consider him either:
1- a divine being
2- a fraud
3- a fictional character
4- an alien :huh:
But perhaps we should spare this discussion for the philosophy subforum. :thinking:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I see. Well, not many historians are non religious anyways. We should be careful with unanimities.

Just to clarify, I didn't ask for trolling purposes, it's just that it affects the results.
See, people may consider him either:
1- a divine being
2- a fraud
3- a fictional character
4- an alien :huh:
But perhaps we should spare this discussion for the philosophy subforum. :thinking:

Yes.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I assume he did.

As it stands, he doesn't have to have existed for him to still be just as capable of being typed as any fictional character.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

(snickers)

No kidding.... People are assuming all these crazy people existed, like Elvis, and Hitler, and Jesus. ppfffftt.... Have you actually ever met these people??

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
much in the same way we assume 99.9% of historical figures did.

haha yea Jesus is a historical figure. And so are Zeus, Apollo, Heracles, Krishna, Quetzacoatl, Odin, and Loki.

(winged serpents can be historical figures too right?)

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
I suspect that Elfboy underestimates and perhaps mistypes extroverted 2's (particularly 2, 1 wings) who are exceptional leaders if they choose to be. 2's lead through inspiration and persuasion rather than force.

As far as movies go, I don't usually try to type characters...so who knows...

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
haha yea Jesus is a historical figure. And so are Zeus, Apollo, Heracles, Krishna, Quetzacoatl, Odin, and Loki.

(winged serpents can be historical figures too right?)

:doh:

facebook said:
Zeus Rodriguez
North Hollywood Senior High

Apollo Peterson

Hercules Papazahariou
Lives in Candler, North Carolina

Krishna C. Bathina
Michigan · Waubonsie Valley High School

Quetzalcoatl Galvan
Rogers Heritage High School

Odin Haakenstad
Oslo By Steinerskole

Loki Havik

images

:bored:

anyway. whether you want to believe it or not, there was more than likely some jewish dude named ישוע that caused a stir up in the middle east somewhere around 2,000 years ago. i'm not making any claims beyond that.