• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 2] No love for type 2's?

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
2s get overlooked because they are weak and overly dependent on people. their overlly altruistic tendencies often keep them from achieving power, money or success. they're around it'sjust that no one wants to be one

The way that you wrote this, from the beginning, states that 2's in general have altruistic tendencies, which I am supposing that you mean they don't expect to get paid for their services. Altruism is a renunciation of the self, and 2's don't give up the self.... Upon reading in my enneagram books about 2's, they EXPECT payment in some form for their giving (pretty much why I avoid a lot of them irl.... I don't need to be given to, and I have no interest in being indebted to someone. Two's can be demanding in that way lol, and I can prove that just by looking at my mil). Being a 6w5 who is very independent leads me to see easily that my mil expects alot in return for services, that I expect very little in-return for. Some 2w3's tend to think that their very presence can be enough to demand some sort of payment in return. Very few human beings are truly altruistic. LoL...... as far as dependency, I agree that people-as-a-whole agree that interdependency is healthy and dependency is not, so you are also assuming here that 2's are mostly dependent, and therefore, unhealthy. They are no more unhealthy as a whole than any other type. Imo, yes, all people are overly-dependent, and I perhaps should've clarified that on a personal level, I think they are. Dependency can be seen from different perspectives, of course.

As for the rest of the things you claim you never stated, you said them in the way you wrote the sentence. Unspoken. And some of it, apparently you can't see the reasoning behind it, but that is expected.

As far as health and weakness go, a teeter-tottery 4 can be broken just as easily as a 2.... people looking for victims look for those with poor values and with unhealthy dispositions, things they can easily prey on and manipulate, and use. And those things are what weaken us, not personality type.

Furthermore, I totally disagree that 8's don't get hired as managers. That's funny to me, considering that I live with one. Corporations can thrive with 8 managers.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
that elfboy does a lot of shit talking. Only 8s are so eager to put others down. It figures too because 2s are really good at making 8s look bad.

And whether or not a 2 is overlooked is generally up to the 2. Sometimes going unnoticed has its perks. Dealing with people takes finesse, and 2s have lots of it. Some 2s are complete attention whores.

knight

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
exactly, but it starts with being selfish. being altruistic is like giving away your seeds before you collect the harvest. selfishness is sustainable, selflessness needs to everyone becoming poor. giving is well and good, but giving because you WANT to, not because you feel like you have to.

to a degree that you are not compromising and undermining yourself, yes.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
2s get overlooked because they are weak and overly dependent on people. their overlly altruistic tendencies often keep them from achieving power, money or success. they're around it'sjust that no one wants to be one

Spoken like a true 8 who knows nothing of what it means to be a 2, or altruistic for that matter :hi:

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Spoken like a true 8 who knows nothing of what it means to be a 2, or altruistic for that matter :hi:

He's a 4...... 8's are generally more realistic than elfboy. He's in lala-land lol.....

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
he's being realistic, or at least trying to be. But no, 4s are not nearly as crass.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel like I have a harder time finding 3s than 2s. And for that matter, I never really find any other type 1s in person.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that elfboy does a lot of shit talking. Only 8s are so eager to put others down. It figures too because 2s are really good at making 8s look bad.

And whether or not a 2 is overlooked is generally up to the 2. Sometimes going unnoticed has its perks. Dealing with people takes finesse, and 2s have lots of it. Some 2s are complete attention whores.

so are 6s, 1s, unhealthy 2s, unhealthy 4s, unhealthy 3s and unhealthy 7s. one can hardly narrow it down to 8

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i think type 2s often end up in nurturing roles - parent, nurse, teacher - and as such might not be front and center.

i know a good representation of 2s IRL myself. several are teachers, or in training to be educators. one is training to be a nurse. another is getting her CPA. i have great love for quite a few of them. :heart:

as for on the forum - they're probably one of the types less given to wasting time on the internets by nature. ;)

21% said:
Because they're probably out helping people in the real world?

:yes:

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Well, I don't have any empirical evidence that proves that 2's are not very common but looking at this site (which I know has some typings wrong):

http://pastebin.com/gsAhzZqW

2's are the second least common type amongst many celebrities after 4's. That isn't to say this site is a reflection of the general populace but it's a good starting point to seeing how big the rift is amongst each type.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
8s are naturals at it though, and it seems to be your default mode, considering other threads you have started that seem to be dedicated to putting others down. I'm not saying you're an unhealthy type, I'm saying you're a regular 8. This is fairly normal behavior for 8s looking for a quick ego boost.

Some types are just better at being in the spotlight. Sarah Palin is probably my favorite person of my type.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
8s are naturals at it though, and it seems to be your default mode, considering other threads you have started that seem to be dedicated to putting others down. I'm not saying you're an unhealthy type, I'm saying you're a regular 8. This is fairly normal behavior for 8s looking for a quick ego boost.

could you give some examples? in particular, if you're talking about the "Does it suck being an SJ?" thread, that was made for educational purposes. apparently, I have a habit of sounding much more harsh and personal that I usually intend to (although you could be right, this might be 8).

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
anyway, more on 2s. 2s are overlooked for a number of reasons
1) they usually don't favor positions that are glamorous or attention grabbing
2) typology central doesn't have a lot of them
3) 2s are less likely to be interested in typology, which I would assume would appeal mostly to 4s, 5s and 9s.
4) 2s tend to be more group oriented and have less of a desire to stand out than say, 4s and 8s

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
anyway, more on 2s. 2s are overlooked for a number of reasons
1) they usually don't favor positions that are glamorous or attention grabbing
2) typology central doesn't have a lot of them
3) 2s are less likely to be interested in typology, which I would assume would appeal mostly to 4s, 5s and 9s.
4) 2s tend to be more group oriented and have less of a desire to stand out than say, 4s and 8s

Even if this is all true, my question is really why aren't they more prominent in movies, especially as heroes, or as music stars or even as a recurring member in TV shows. In fact, the main reason why I made this thread was that I recently watched a movie called Crush, where the main villain was an obsessive 2. That in turn reminded me of Roommate and Single White Female, which again, had an obsessive roommate as the main villain. There's also Obsessed and Misery, which again has the crazy 2 as the main antagonist. All I really want is to see more heroic 2's and have some diversity in their lineup other than obsessed villains. About the most heroic 2 I've seen in movies would be Hagrid from Harry Potter and that's pretty much it, not to mention he's more of a side character than anything.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Bit of a tangent, but does anyone else have a nagging* suspicion that Vicky Jo Varner is an INFJ 2w1? :thinking:

* No pun intended. :wink:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Famous 2's
Paula Abdul, Alan Alda, Tammy Faye Bakker, Brigitte Bardot, Harry Belafonte, Leo Buscaglia, Barbara Bush, Jimmy Carter, Casanova, Glenn Close, Bill Cosby, Barbara de Angelis, Princess Diana, Celine Dion, John Douglas, Faye Dunaway, Fairy Godmother, Mia Farrow, Betty Friedan, Kathie Lee Gifford, Danny Glover, Roosevelt Grier, Melanie Griffith, Leona Helmsley, Whitney Houston, Jesus Christ, Erica Jong, Sally Kellerman, Sally Kirkland, Diane Ladd, Monica Lewinsky, Jerry Lewis, James Lipton, John Lithgow, Jennifer Lopez, Susan Lucci, Madonna, Alma Mahler, Imelda Marcos, Florence Nightingale, Merlin Olsen, Yoko Ono, Suze Orman, Eva Peron, Priscilla Presley, Patsy Ramsey, Sally Jessy Raphael, Nancy Reagan, Della Reese, Lionel Ritchie, Mr. Rogers, Virginia Satir, Richard Simmons, Danielle Steel, Sally Struthers, Mother Teresa, Marlo Thomas, Richard Thomas, Jennifer Tilly, Tiny Tim, John Travolta, Ivana Trump, Desmond Tutu, Barbara Walters, Lesley Ann Warren.