• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] Difference between 6w7 and 7w6?

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
:3 Thanks~
I don't understand what called for such a comment, though.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry, folks....

I was just VERY drunk last night and that "joke" was a lot more funny then LoL......:blush:

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
It's cool xD
~ So does anyone have any feedback on my last paragraph?

Nomenclature

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
3w2
Hah! Authority... I either love or hate my parents. And my teachers either impress me or repulse me. Whenever I meet adults I either try to bond with them or hate them... Sometimes I won't have a strong emotion towards an adult/authority if I don't know them well or they're boring. But with friends' mothers I like talking to them :) as if they were related to me.

Goes back to the instinctual stacking thing. Polarization in interactions with people is one possible manifestation of SX. I freaking ADORE a certain one of my teachers COUGH COUGH. General warmth and friendliness to your friends' mothers is somewhat SO. But I can't really help you in that department, hah.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a 7 with a 6 wing, (I think.)

While I don't understand a 6 wing to well, I can tell you how this manifests in me.

I do like security in some ways, I can't just hop out of town and start a new life. I attribute this to having a lot of insecurity in previous life. Mostly I don't like a lot of commitment though. I need a lot of extra time to pursue whatever I want to pursue. It's about me. I'm pretty individual, I am regarded to make my own decisions, sometimes even going against the flow. (I don't understand the phobic/counterphobic sixes, I don't know if it has to do with that, but it could also have to do with other things, too.)

In another sense, I have a strong need for popularity, (without relating much at all to enneagram 3.) I don't identify with a group/ groups. I simply want to be my own self and do my own thing and have a lot of people from different walks of life like me regardless. And I pull this off very well somehow. (I don't know how.) I do have a pleasant demeanor despite my flow resistance. I can go against the flow while making it appear as I'm agreeing with the crowds. I can help change someone's mind about something and make it look like they changed their own mind.

I relate to your need for achievement. (In highschool I always went for the full set of AP classes as well, always striving for the topmost difficult tasks.) I'm finding out that this probably stems more from my need for a lot of mental stimulation than anything else. My mind is very malleable and spongelike, I enjoy to push the mental and physical boundaries as much as I can.

Given a lot of the above, I often test as a three. I just really don't relate to those descriptions/ their motivations.

My demeanor is very silly, kind of directionless, laid back, full of humor, quick, carefree. Inside I feel a bit anxious and hypervigilant a lot of times. Highly sensory. Realistic (but happy) about the future. Ambiguous belief systems.

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm a 7 with a 6 wing, (I think.)

While I don't understand a 6 wing to well, I can tell you how this manifests in me.

I do like security in some ways, I can't just hop out of town and start a new life. I attribute this to having a lot of insecurity in previous life. Mostly I don't like a lot of commitment though. I need a lot of extra time to pursue whatever I want to pursue. It's about me. (I'm like this with schedules, not much with people. I always want companions) I'm pretty individual, I am regarded to make my own decisions, sometimes even going against the flow. (I don't understand the phobic/counterphobic sixes, I don't know if it has to do with that, but it could also have to do with other things, too.)

In another sense, I have a strong need for popularity, (without relating much at all to enneagram 3.) I don't identify with a group/ groups. I simply want to be my own self and do my own thing and have a lot of people from different walks of life like me regardless. (I always wanted to just be friend with everyone and stick with a group I have the most fun with--and they're a little higher on the social scale xD) And I pull this off very well somehow. (I don't know how.) I do have a pleasant demeanor despite my flow resistance. I can go against the flow while making it appear as I'm agreeing with the crowds. I can help change someone's mind about something and make it look like they changed their own mind.

I relate to your need for achievement. (In highschool I always went for the full set of AP classes as well, always striving for the topmost difficult tasks.) I'm finding out that this probably stems more from my need for a lot of mental stimulation than anything else. My mind is very malleable and spongelike, I enjoy to push the mental and physical boundaries as much as I can.

My demeanor is very silly, kind of directionless, laid back, full of humor, quick, carefree.
What I related to :) I also kind of agreed with directionless since at times I wish I had better prepared myself for success. :cry: It's like I have so much more work to clean up than others.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What I related to :) I also kind of agreed with directionless since at times I wish I had better prepared myself for success. :cry: It's like I have so much more work to clean up than others.

Yea, the directionless vs. success thing is odd for me. I have drive and I don't have any drive. (I get a ton done during the times where I have a lot of drive, and then I take a while to enjoy the benefits, and there is always some ticking time bomb in the back of my head pushing me to do more.) Though it sounds like you're more on the driven end of things. You are probably more concerned with success on a regular basis?

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yeah it's the image of "success" that I usually think about day-to-day if anything about myself. Probably because of 3 fix.
Based on the link you provided 6w7 and SX would make sense. Sixes seem more at conflict with themselves, and I can relate to that--I always say I don't understand myself in terms of personality traits because I'm always hopping back and forth between extremes, or a neutral state.

We know that those who have thrown themselves into lives of self-indulgence are often racked with emptiness, loneliness, self-hatred, nostalgia, and yet are unwilling to change.
^ That was about 7s. Struck a chord because when I'm feeling low about myself and nobody is there to "distract me" that happens.

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
6w7
Sixes with a 7 wing are generally outgoing and may appear more overtly nervous. More plainly want to be liked and will pursue others in contrast to 5 wing who pulls in. Can be charming, sociable, ingratiating. Have a faster tempo, stronger connection to 3. Often self-preservation subtypes, characterized by a personal warmth. Can have a cheerful, forward-looking drive and be disarmingly funny. Self-effacing, gracious and curious. When more entranced, may be self-contradicting and seem as if they want two things at once. Sometimes test others overtly, drive you crazy with mixed messages. It may be hard to follow what they're saying. When threatened, one defense is to become impossible to please. When counterphobic, they tend to be accusative. Some get caught up in big plans that they hope will result in material security. Also can be insecure, irritable, petty, irrational, chaotic. Subject to mood swings, inferiority complexes, runaway fears. May have hair-trigger flare-ups of paranoia. Falsely accuse others and then seem not to realize it. (Not sure with this because if I don't realize it, how would I know? xD) Other times they plead to be taken care of. Sometimes defensively conservative in their lifestyle. Some struggle with appetite.

7w6
Healthy Sevens with a 6 wing are responsible, faithful, lovable, nervous and funny. They are generally more oriented to relationship and want to be accepted by other people. Can be steady, more willing to stick with commitments; the 6 wing brings a longer sense of time. Usually funny or enjoy a good laugh - an amazing number of comedians are Sevens with a 6 wing. More openly vulnerable (I don't tell people I'm vulnerable or what my weaknesses are unless they think it's cute and will defend me >:] Although sometimes my mom says mean girls would pick on me because I look sweet--and a few other peers claim I'm extremely intimidating so I don't know about this. All I know is I rarely try unless I'm working at something.), have an unguarded, tender sweetness. Some have trouble expressing anger even when they are justified. May evade or finesse authority but still aware of it like a 6. Canny and practical, they look for the deals and the loopholes. When more entranced, may have surprise episodes of sensitivity and insecurity. Their feelings can be easily hurt sometimes. Sensitive especially to comparisons. May avoid putting themselves to the test. Grow dependent and addicted to other people, afraid to be alone, suspicious and skittish. Can feel guilt easily, may project their conscience onto others and then act irresponsibly. Make themselves shallow, fall in and out of love easily. Sometimes breezily betray others by running away. Can be reckless, unstable, and self-destructive. When Sevens have a counterphobic 6 wing their idealism can motivate a sincere desire for social reform. May work hard for a cause. Can be antiauthority, passive/aggressive, flippant, defiant. Some report hating to be told what to do. Clashes with Ones likely. May call down trouble on themselves. Complain about the status quo. The realm of hippie rebellion.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah it's the image of "success" that I usually think about day-to-day if anything about myself. Probably because of 3 fix.
Based on the link you provided 6w7 and SX would make sense. Sixes seem more at conflict with themselves, and I can relate to that--I always say I don't understand myself in terms of personality traits because I'm always hopping back and forth between extremes, or a neutral state.

^ That was about 7s. Struck a chord because when I'm feeling low about myself and nobody is there to "distract me" that happens.

For me, when unhealthy, it's not about someone there to distract me. It's about just plain old selfishness and incredible self indulgence.

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
For me, when unhealthy, it's not about someone there to distract me. It's about just plain old selfishness and incredible self indulgence.
I always wondered what they meant by self-indulgence since that could be up for interpretation. I imagined it as being gluttonous with food but you could also binge on anything, huh? I do this sometimes but then I feel guilty ._.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

For me, as 7w6, "funnyness" is kind of centerpiece of my personality. Not that I even consider myself exceptionally hilarious... (Well, LIE. I DO find myself hilarious at times, but not stand up comedienne funny.) But at the same time, when healthy, I'm almost always giggling or finding something ironic, sarcastic, or just plain out of the ordinary to laugh about. It's just an atmosphere of "funny." It's kind of wonky at times, really.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always wondered what they meant by self-indulgence since that could be up for interpretation. I imagined it as being gluttonous with food but you could also binge on anything, huh? I do this sometimes but then I feel guilty ._.

Just doing whatever makes you feel good regardless of the consequence.

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Some of my blog videos on PerN would make me look like a 7 because of how scattered and silly I am--usually a habit of nervous energy. But yeah, love to crack jokes.
I was surprised Ellen DeGeneres was a 6w7 because she looked like a 7w6.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some of my blog videos on PerN would make me look like a 7 because of how scattered and silly I am--usually a habit of nervous energy. But yeah, love to crack jokes.
I was surprised Ellen DeGeneres was a 6w7 because she looked like a 7w6.

Oh, maybe post it here?

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Alright I'll make a blog on TypoC--but now I'm self conscious since it will be under scrutiny!

Anyhow, I don't know if I should figure out my head and gut fix first or my instinctual variant first... because I find that some types fit some variants better for me than when separate @_@

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Alright I'll make a blog on TypoC--but now I'm self conscious since it will be under scrutiny!

Anyhow, I don't know if I should figure out my head and gut fix first or my instinctual variant first... because I find that some types fit some variants better for me than when separate @_@

I think that you should look at the whole picture. It's hard to figure them out separately.

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Well, from my core perspective, 3w4 sx seems pretty accurate. SP or SO is tricky. Alone with instinctual variants I'm boggled between Sx/So and So/Sx... even So/Sp @_@ mostly because I've always tried to obtain a "perfect life" and so maybe in high school graduation I can say "Hah! Look who's on the better side of life, now?"

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, from my core perspective, 3w4 sx seems pretty accurate. SP or SO is tricky. Alone with instinctual variants I'm boggled between Sx/So and So/Sx... even So/Sp @_@ mostly because I've always tried to obtain a "perfect life" and so maybe in high school graduation I can say "Hah! Look who's on the better side of life, now?"

Okay... That could be part of it. Is this your main motive, though? 3 and 6 could be both part of your tritype.