• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] Difference between 6w7 and 7w6?

Nomenclature

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
3w2
Gosh darn~ I knew it would have come to 6 while I was typing it.
Reason being I plea for 7 is because I'm always shuffling through items, hobbies, activities. If I have nothing to do I get whiny and cranky. Sometimes I wake up depressed if I know it's just another mundane episode of "My Life," and then I feel that loathing despair that there's no reason why I should get up and live ;____;

I'm like that, too. I think it's called being an extrovert or a really strong perceiver. ;)
3ish-- achiever at best, apathetic at worst.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yep, 6w7's need to ask multiple people when making decisions. 6w5's usually only depend on one person to ask, and the rest they rely on themselves to weed through resources and gather the "answers". 6 isn't a bad place to be, because it can mean your "answers" are well-done and well-thought-out, since you are constantly questioning them lol..... It can mean your work is very thorough and that you become very knowledgeable.

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Heheheh ^^; And when that happens I kind of drag everyone into my melodrama.
I thought watching Fantasia & Fantasia 2000 would be like cathartic therapy, but when the whole Space/Dinosaur scene rolled in I felt like I was choking :( because the idea that I'm so small in the big big world frightened me. And then my brother heightened my fear by adding "yeah and when the sun dies everyone will be dead and humans won't exist anymore." T_T recently I've been very scared of death... So I try to find things to do so I won't have to think about it even though I end up igniting my fears anyway.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I thought watching Fantasia & Fantasia 2000 would be like cathartic therapy, but when the whole Space/Dinosaur scene rolled in I felt like I was choking :( because the idea that I'm so small in the big big world frightened me. And then my brother heightened my fear by adding "yeah and when the sun dies everyone will be dead and humans won't exist anymore." T_T recently I've been very scared of death... So I try to find things to do so I won't have to think about it even though I end up igniting my fears anyway.

I went through that phase. I don't fear it anymore because fearing it won't prevent it (beyond reasonable precautions). I just want to fight death and win, which I think is different, I've always been hella willful.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Fear of death seems to be somewhat common for 6w7's.

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
It's funny because even though you'd assume I'd be interested in the unknown, I'm a little repelled by it because it scares me so much :'(

Hahaha I'm afraid of both. But I'm sure I won't age too terribly :'( My mother hasn't at all...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
and 7 is what?? afraid of boredom? being trapped? not being able to experience all the things you want to experience?

it's threads like these that confuse me...am i more 6 or more 7...am i more go with the flow...easy breezy? or worried about outcomes and needing back up plans?? hmm...i do both but...i'm not afraid of dying really...or aging...yet i might become super bummed out about that at some point. but...i'm afraid of being stuck...

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
fear of death - 6

:D

I'm a 6w5, and I've never feared death, except for when I was a kid..... not that I know of, anyways. Maybe I'm too counterphobe to know it, or something...... but I'm definitely not thinking about it or actively fearing it like phobic 6w7's I see. I would be interested to know if other 6w5's fear death and what their take is on it.

Chloe

hey, that was just fun over generalisation to state that i fear more aging and being ugly and useless than death :D

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
and 7 is what?? afraid of boredom? being trapped? not being able to experience all the things you want to experience?

it's threads like these that confuse me...am i more 6 or more 7...am i more go with the flow...easy breezy? or worried about outcomes and needing back up plans?? hmm...i do both but...i'm not afraid of dying really...or aging...yet i might become super bummed out about that at some point. but...i'm afraid of being stuck...
I think being stuck is what 7s fear. Maybe it's because they always need something to stimulate them, and when that's gone they're in a rut. I can relate to that.

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
umm, so what is main fear for so?
Dying with a tarnished reputation ;P

Just to clear this up: what would be the main fears for each of the head types?
I know the motivations... and I relate more to 7s motivations for having fun and freedom. But like a 6 I need security :( I feel like Marilyn Monroe--she needed a strong man in her life, which kind of contradicts the whole freedom idea.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hey, that was just fun over generalisation to state that i fear more aging and being ugly and useless than death :D

Yes, I figured. :) I can be too serious and go off on tangeants even when it's all-in-fun lol.......

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think being stuck is what 7s fear. Maybe it's because they always need something to stimulate them, and when that's gone they're in a rut. I can relate to that.

I fear being stuck in a rut too, but I also need security. It's kind of crazy to be a 6w7. And an sx/sp. There's just no hope for me.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this works better inho :yes:

Yes, I think that's it too..... I used to fear aging more, now I've accepted that it's going to happen regardless, but yes, I'm thinking about botox lol..... and I still dress like a 20 year old.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
and I relate more to 7s motivations for having fun and freedom. But like a 6 I need security :( I feel like Marilyn Monroe--she needed a strong man in her life, which kind of contradicts the whole freedom idea.

You sound like me, iz so weeeeiird.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, I think that's it too..... I used to fear aging more, now I've accepted that it's going to happen regardless, but yes, I'm thinking about botox lol..... and I still dress like a 20 year old.

Yeah I'm an sx/sp and I've already thought about what minor plastic surgery I'd like to be able afford when I'm in my 40s.

I also had the fear of death at an earlier age, though. It didn't hit me at first, I like thought I was invincible until I was about 22 or 23, then suddenly I was terrified, and it took me years to cope with the idea of mortality.