• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] Difference between 6w7 and 7w6?

Nomenclature

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
3w2
and 7 is what?? afraid of boredom? being trapped? not being able to experience all the things you want to experience?
Being confined by your circumstances. Not being able to move around. I imagine with 6's it's more like, "What's holding me back is that x is the worst that could happen, and there might be something better that I missed" and with 7 it's like, "Why would that hold me back? C'est la vie. RIGHT NOW there isn't something better, so I'll go for it." I wouldn't know, though. Head and gut fixes aren't in my repertoire.

fear of death - 6
fear of aging - 3

Which reminds me... someone said that a 3's internal landscape is one of apathy and emptiness-- that they need to do and be something because everything is inherently worth nothing. Life is inherently worth nothing. I am inherently worth nothing... if I don't DO SOMETHING. I don't know if that makes sense, but that's why I'm not afraid of death. The end of consciousness is to me nothingness, and I'm not afraid to accept that void. I don't need to find something to believe in after to ease my mind.

Call me a typical teenager, but I always imagined that I'd look young forever... in spite of my mom's leather skin and the fact that people tend to think she's my grandmother when they first see her. :cry:

SP last... die young and be beautiful until you die.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dying with a tarnished reputation ;P

Just to clear this up: what would be the main fears for each of the head types?
I know the motivations... and I relate more to 7s motivations for having fun and freedom. But like a 6 I need security :( I feel like Marilyn Monroe--she needed a strong man in her life, which kind of contradicts the whole freedom idea.

that's 3 :yes:

Starry

and 7 is what?? afraid of boredom? being trapped? not being able to experience all the things you want to experience?

it's threads like these that confuse me...am i more 6 or more 7...am i more go with the flow...easy breezy? or worried about outcomes and needing back up plans?? hmm...i do both but...i'm not afraid of dying really...or aging...yet i might become super bummed out about that at some point. but...i'm afraid of being stuck...

X you are so a 7 LOL.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

self preservation people are all about self pampering and taking good care of one's self. if anything, we're the most likely to want to die beautiful

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
That's why I feel I need to live my life the way I want and achieve it the way I want--otherwise life is pointless :( Last night I was afraid I wouldn't get the job I wanted and the rest of my life would be slaved away in an occupation I never desired.

I doubt I'd cave into cosmetic surgery... I think that's admitting to myself I'm ugly or something :'( No matter what.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's why I feel I need to live my life the way I want and achieve it the way I want--otherwise life is pointless :( Last night I was afraid I wouldn't get the job I wanted and the rest of my life would be slaved away in an occupation I never desired.

I doubt I'd cave into cosmetic surgery... I think that's admitting to myself I'm ugly or something :'( No matter what.

It's not admitting you're ugly, that's silly. It's just wanting your tits to stay in place and to smooth out the wrinkles a bit, dearie.

That's why I said "minor" plastic surgery and I wouldn't do it until I was well into my 40's.

Chloe

Being confined by your circumstances. Not being able to move around. I imagine with 6's it's more like, "What's holding me back is that x is the worst that could happen, and there might be something better that I missed" and with 7 it's like, "Why would that hold me back? C'est la vie. RIGHT NOW there isn't something better, so I'll go for it." I wouldn't know, though. Head and gut fixes aren't in my repertoire.

Which reminds me... someone said that a 3's internal landscape is one of apathy and emptiness-- that they need to do and be something because everything is inherently worth nothing. Life is inherently worth nothing. I am inherently worth nothing... if I don't DO SOMETHING. I don't know if that makes sense, but that's why I'm not afraid of death. The end of consciousness is to me nothingness, and I'm not afraid to accept that void. I don't need to find something to believe in after to ease my mind.

Call me a typical teenager, but I always imagined that I'd look young forever... in spite of my mom's leather skin and the fact that people tend to think she's my grandmother when they first see her. :cry:

hm not sure did I understand exactly what you said, but it reminded me of my view; I am not exactly afraid of death because i think there are so many more important things that are before death, on earth, that i concentrate on. Being dead has no value, i can not "win" at being dead, it's not material, and i guess this comes to the same as you said; i value material things, DOING, not "being" which is just abstract not a product.
its the same issue with existence of God, Creator. Even if there is some Creator, I dont see why he should be important to me :D, i mean, he wont pay my bills, get my degree, make other people like me - what's the use of that creator ... just knowing something exists is useless if you can not sell it... i guess this is what's 3 about.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I feel exactly this way too. Which is why I am starting my own business.......

You're definitely not sx lol..... I think my desire for surgeries is based on the fact that I don't want to be reminded that I am aging. I think it's me telling myself that I'M NOT AGING, and couldn't possibly be aging. Look in the mirror: I have no wrinkles, I'm still thin and in just as good or better shape than most 20 year olds, etc...... these are all ways of "pretending" I am not aging lol......

Nomenclature

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
3w2
It's not admitting you're ugly, that's silly. It's just wanting your tits to stay in place and to smooth out the wrinkles a bit, dearie.

That's why I said "minor" plastic surgery and I wouldn't do it until I was well into my 40's.
For me, being born ugly doesn't mean much. It wasn't my choice. It wasn't merit. My bone structure isn't my character. It was pure chance. Aging to an extent means that I made bad decisions with my health, but it is otherwise inevitable. What's wrong with "admitting" something that happens to everyone? Moreso, if aging bothers me, why would I succumb to letting DOING something about it bother me?

self preservation people are all about self pampering and taking good care of one's self. if anything, we're the most likely to want to die beautiful
Interesting. I'm fail at taking care of myself. >:

I know I posted this as 7w8, but come to think of it, it could easily be interpreted as 3:

Consume until you bleed.
I'll get down on my knees.
Created by me, for me.
It's a place called reality.

http://www.metrolyrics.com/more-lyrics-junkie-xl.html

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Haha well I say I won't get surgery now because I don't need it... It could all change in 40 years :| I just don't like admitting something like that to myself and to other people if they'd ask. "WHAT? YOU'RE NOT NATURALLY ATTRACTIVE? >:D"

I also wondered how my spouse could love me if I started looking like a grandma .__.

<3 But I always bank on how my female relatives turned out. They all look so fresh.

Nomenclature

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
3w2
Well, like I said. Being naturally attractive is meaningless to me. It irritates me when people think that being naturally beautiful = being naturally valuable, and that "artificial" beauty (this is a very broad sliding scale, mind you) is fake character. It's not. It's purely external. Beauty is a fickle friend. Its presence (or taking care of it, for that matter) is neither the presence of virtue nor the lack.

I know there's a stereotype that Asian women don't age, but unfortunately, that doesn't ring true for my mom's side of the family. On my dad's side, though, holy dang. My forty-something-year-old cousin looks like she could be my age.

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
You're definitely not sx lol..... I think my desire for surgeries is based on the fact that I don't want to be reminded that I am aging. I think it's me telling myself that I'M NOT AGING, and couldn't possibly be aging. Look in the mirror: I have no wrinkles, I'm still thin and in just as good or better shape than most 20 year olds, etc...... these are all ways of "pretending" I am not aging lol......
How's that not sx? :eek:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, like I said. Being naturally attractive is meaningless to me. It irritates me when people think that being naturally beautiful = being naturally valuable, and that "artificial" beauty (this is a very broad sliding scale, mind you) is fake character. It's not. It's purely external. Beauty is a fickle friend. Its presence (or taking care of it, for that matter) is neither the presence of virtue nor the lack.

I know there's a stereotype that Asian women don't age, but unfortunately, that doesn't ring true for my mom's side of the family. On my dad's side, though, holy dang. My forty-something-year-old cousin looks like she could be my age.

+7 :hifive:
wanting to look and feel sexy is a sign of high self worth, not pretentiousness. it's instinct based, not ego based. I recently told a friend that I was thinking of getting a nose job and she said "why can't you just be happy being yourself?" I answered "I am being myself. I want to express on the outside how I feel on the inside." I think people who express themselves via fashion are being themselves more than people who don't.

PS: it's overexaggerated, but it's not a myth. I heard in an anthropological documentary that various cosmetic companies have studied asian women for years for this reason. it has something to do with wrinkling more slowly.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
For me, being born ugly doesn't mean much. It wasn't my choice. It wasn't merit. My bone structure isn't my character. It was pure chance. Aging to an extent means that I made bad decisions with my health, but it is otherwise inevitable. What's wrong with "admitting" something that happens to everyone? Moreso, if aging bothers me, why would I succumb to letting DOING something about it bother me?

One word: sexiness.

When sexy has always been an important part of your life you find the thought of losing it almost unbearable.

Maybe I'll think differently in 10-15 years, but I doubt it.

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yeah I love dressing up and I wonder why some people don't. They ask me where I shop and I say "probably the same place as you..." I mean the clothes are right there ;)
Well what if you like your face? :3

I feel like we're straying from topic haha.

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
One word: sexiness.

When sexy has always been an important part of your life you find the thought of losing it almost unbearable.

Maybe I'll think differently in 10-15 years, but I doubt it.
Relate~
When I was a kid I did child modeling but I didn't really understand the concept of being aesthetically pleasing until I hit a fat stage and people ridiculed me :( I was just a little 12 year old. Then I became a string bean over the summer due to a growth spurt and everything else kind of ended up what it is now.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Relate~
When I was a kid I did child modeling but I didn't really understand the concept of being aesthetically pleasing until I hit a fat stage and people ridiculed me :( I was just a little 12 year old. Then I became a string bean over the summer due to a growth spurt and everything else kind of ended up what it is now.

Yep, gaining weight is a sure fire way to learn to appreciate just how important your appearance is. LIKE OMG PEOPLE ARE TREATING ME DIFFERENTLY THIS IS INSANE.

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
There was this one guy who wouldn't even talk to me while I was chubby and then about 4 years later he said "Hey you're kinda pretty." :| I mean I was proud but I felt sorry for my chubby self.
Sometimes I feel like I have to be attractive because of my family. They're all freaking supermodels and if I don't measure up I'm afraid I'll be kind of an embarrassment. This also applies to my academic desires. Compared to my family I feel like a failure, which could be why I worry so much.

Nomenclature

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
3w2
Yeah I love dressing up and I wonder why some people don't. They ask me where I shop and I say "probably the same place as you..."

I feel like we're straying from topic haha.
I have a friend who makes fun of me for two main characteristics of my shopping habits:
1. I don't wear neutrals. Like I don't remember the last time I wore a white or gray shirt.
2. I notice cute things that she completely misses and know what it would match with like BOOM.
"OOH, this looks cute!" -grabs a skirt from a shelf slightly higher than my head-
"...how did you even see that?"

Wha, I thought we settled on 3, 6, and are fuzzy on the stacking.