• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] Difference between 6w7 and 7w6?

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe it would be even more obvious if you were sp?

I'm sx/sp, and I don't really seem nervous or self-deprecate unless a situation is new to me. I use those mechanisms in order to show that I am harmless and not a threat, as Viridian described, not so much with men, but with women. (Especially since I tend to dress more sexy, wear a lot of makeup, etc., but I hate that sometimes because men assume you are doing it TO BE SEXY lol, when it's really just something I enjoy doing from an sx/sp persprective). Sometimes with an F man, I will have to pull the mechanisms out more to make them feel comfortable, but it's very conscious and I only use it when other isn't working. I read people pretty well at this stage in the game, in person. I am actually more masculine in action irl in some ways, and prefer to be. I find that the sx/sp can be aggressive and possessive of others, and it drives more counterphobe action. I would think it would be similar with sx/so.

As I become more comfortable in an environment, I become less self-deprecating and more self-confident. I'm hoping to get to the point where I don't have to use it at all. I don't really like it and it feels better when I don't do it, so I think that's more true to me.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes, I understand, though I was talking more about unconscious motivations - I didn't mean 6w7s think "Well, time to deaden my anxiety with a bout of external stimulation again! :D"

i totally do :laugh:

i hate long car trips alone because i tend to descend into the nasty corners of my mind. how to fix this? easy! blare fun music! roll down the windows! speed! shoot for the apices of the corners! the more external engagement, the less my mind gets to fuck with me.

ICUP said:
I don't really seem nervous or self-deprecate unless a situation is new to me. [...] Especially since I tend to dress more sexy, wear a lot of makeup, etc., but I hate that sometimes because men assume you are doing it TO BE SEXY lol, when it's really just something I enjoy doing from an sx/sp persprective [...] I am actually more masculine in action irl in some ways, and prefer to be. I find that the sx/sp can be aggressive and possessive of others, and it drives more counterphobe action. I would think it would be similar with sx/so.

As I become more comfortable in an environment, I become less self-deprecating and more self-confident. I'm hoping to get to the point where I don't have to use it at all. I don't really like it and it feels better when I don't do it, so I think that's more true to me.

this all holds true for me as well. :hifive:

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Right now I think my tritype would be 3-6-9. Probably 3w4, 6w7, 9w1 and sx/so. XD Sound fitting?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ the cool thing about that tritype, though you've probably already noticed, is that it makes a lovely symmetrical forward-moving pattern. :yes:

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Haha that makes it so easy! :) As ICUP noted, I'm still a teenager so my personality still has room for changes. But this looks like a nice guestimate.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
7w6 have a hard time choosing between what the people want and 6w7 use their charm to have people in a group so they can get help

Tomb1

6w7s are in the 8-6-1 aggressive triad. 7w6s are in the 8-7-3 assertive triad.