• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] Difference Between a 6w5 and 6w7?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Examples of 6w5s: Malcolm X, Pope Benedecit XVI, Chuck Norris, Richard Nixon, Robert Reford, Tupac, Charles Bukowski, Amanda Palmer, Sandra Bernhard, Lou Reed, Michelle Pfeiffer, Georges W Bush Sr, Bruce Springsteen, Edward Norton, Mel Gibson, Adolph Hitler, Eminem, Diane Keaton, Dennis Hopper, Bob Dole, Stephen Colbert, Dave Chappelle, Daffy Duck, Moe (Simpsons), Groudskeeper Willie (Simpsons), The Janitor (Scrubs), Ross (Friends), Brad Bellick (Prison Break), Alexander Mahone (Prison Break), Benjamin "C-Note" Franklin (Prison Break), Tom (24), Niles (Frazier), Tweety Bird, Joe Strummer, Kristen Stewart, Vladimir Putin, David Letterman, Harry Truman, Spike Lee, Helen Palmer, James Hetfield, Steve McQueen, Mary Weiss, Naomi Campbell, Jack Kerouac, Naomi Campbell, Mary J Blige, Robert Kennedy, Martin Heiderger, Gordon Brown.

Examples of 6w7s: Woody Allen, Al Franken, Rosie O'Doneel, Amy Winehouse, Tori Spelling, Ellen Degeneres, Princess Diana, Ozzi Osbourne, Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Angelina Jolie, Lady Gaga, Axl Rose, Dennis Rodman, Mike Tyson, Avril Lavigne, Lindsay Lohan, Tina Fey, Jay Leno, Jimmy Kimmel, Amanda Bynes, Britanny Murphy, James Spader, Julia Roberts, Millhouse (Simpsons), Scooby Doo, Veronica (Prison Break), George (Seinfeld), Rachel (Friends), Robin (DC Comics), Chandler (Friends), Archie, Fernando Sucre (Prison Break), Sam (LOTR), Betty (Archie), Rogue (X-Men), Elliot (Scrubs), Audry Raines (24), Gollum (LOTR), Catwoman, Kanye West, Kylie Minogue, Johnny Carson, Emma Watson, Joss Whedon, Evan Rachel Wood, Nina Hagen, Emma Stone, Lilly Allen.

6w5s are grounded and abrasive, 6w7s are versatile and glamorous. 6w5s are secretive and intelectual, 6w7s are falshy and bubbly. They are both insecure. But the 5 wing increase the connection to 3 under stress, 6w5 compartimentalize their energy, and are more focused on short term issues, retain more thier feelings "I will feel later", the 7 wing bring a connection to 9 under stress, 6w7s become self effacing, conciliant and conformist, and are so immersed in various possibilities than they llost their inner guidance and go with the flow.

The 5 wing bring an higher connection to 9 under security, the 6w5s become more quiet, more receptive to differents point of view, more positive and open with his heartn more ready to go with the flow and fusion with other people's needs. The 7 wing bring a connection to 3 under security, 6w7s are upbeat on more focused on the visions about their future success, while 6w5 tend to content with little, as a defense mechanism, 6w7s are gluttons who always want more, they seek validation and to be appreciated, their achivements can come from basically conformist to very challenging of norms.

In their external presentation, 6w5s are utilitarian, females presents as classy sometimes, or other times more masculine, but avoid foil, males usually appear as masculine, frequently caricature of masculinity when counterphobic. 6w7's presentation come from casual and neglected to fashionable, flashy, glamorous and provocant, males 6w7s are more masculine/feminine than 6w5s in their presentation, even when they are extremely strong and atheletics, phoibic females are frequently very feminine in their presentation, come from classic and self-effaced, to more girly, fashionable, or sometimes, more personal and subtle, counter-phobic females 6w7s are often rude, provocant and tomboyish in their presentation.

You are a 6w7 Sp/So by the way. Like Millhouse.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
the 6w5s i know seem more "gritty" and/or solid to me. more utilitarianism, more logic, and more compartmentalized anger. i mistook my 6w5 dad for a 5w6 at first because he's very much an intellectual. in general i feel like i'm more scattered, less practical, more come-and-go with anger, and a little earthy also but in more of a you-can-drop-me-in-a-forest-and-i'll-be-okay way.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As my 6w7 wife likes to say: "I'm just me."

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thanks for the information guys, much appreciated :yes:

You are a 6w7 Sp/So by the way. Like Millhouse.

I'm primarily 1w9 first, followed by 6w7; although 6w7 could come before 1w9, but I need to introspect on the precise order.

EDIT: although I do easily relate to Millhouse :nerd:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for the information guys, much appreciated :yes:

I'm primarily 1w9 first, followed by 6w7; although 6w7 could come before 1w9, but I need to introspect on the precise order.

EDIT: although I do easily relate to Millhouse :nerd:

I'm actually in agreement with Speed, you seem like a 6w7. I agree with you on your variant though, Sx/Sp seems more likely than Sp/So

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He's not Sx at all.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Because he has nothing Sx. That's simple.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Because he has nothing Sx. That's simple.

I don't really see Sp or So at all either though, where do you see those in him?
I do see some sx in him. he likes to connect deeply with people and he's interested in anime which is very sx oriented (it's deep, intense and emotional)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Add the WHY WAS MY FUCKING POST MOVED post count hissy fit and the hillbilly photoshoots, I always assumed he was an So posterchild.

Alternatum

MBTI Type
Ixxx
Enneagram
The 7 wing bring a connection to 9 under stress, 6w7s become self effacing, conciliant and conformist, and are so immersed in various possibilities than they llost their inner guidance and go with the flow.

Never heard this before, but it makes sense somehow.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm flattered that you guys are arguing over my instinctual varient, but this isn't the thread for it (I''ll resurrect my old thread about my IV).

Hyacinth

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
6w5s tend to be more focused and introverted than a 6w7s. Usually 6w5s are more concrete IMO.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
6w7 are versatile and glamorous while 6w5 are abrasive and frugal.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bit of a generalisation there, I think!

Yes, I admit it. :D

But we can hardly see the contrary. A 6w7 can hardly be abrasive and frugal. 6w5 can hardly be versatile and glamorous.

It become harder when you have to deal with theses 6s who seem to be all of that at the same time, like Julia Roberts.

But when we read theses quotes from her:

I never had enough dresses to be a lady [and] I wouldn't call myself a woman. ... I'm somewhere between a chick and a broad."

It is clear that she is 6w5.

Tupac Shakur, also, seemed to be a glamorous and versatile 6w7, but he was actually vry intelectual and easily going in depth, he was glamorous and fun-loving, but not really "versatile" in the sense of guy who could not focused and was too much scattered. Actually, he was a 6w5.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, I admit it. :D

But we can hardly see the contrary. A 6w7 can hardly be abrasive and frugal. 6w5 can hardly be versatile and glamorous.

It become harder when you have to deal with theses 6s who seem to be all of that at the same time, like Julia Roberts.

But when we read theses quotes from her:

It is clear that she is 6w5.

Tupac Shakur, also, seemed to be a glamorous and versatile 6w7, but he was actually vry intelectual and easily going in depth, he was glamorous and fun-loving, but not really "versatile" in the sense of guy who could not focused and was too much scattered. Actually, he was a 6w5.

I've been described as versatile and glamorous by others. On quite a few occasions. On the other hand, I think 6w5 probably fits me better (or I have pretty balanced wings.) I don't think you can generalise to that extent.

I actually think that many 6s are likely to be chameleons, which makes it more difficult.