• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 3] Cool 3w4s?

Chloe

/wave

I have a 3w4 in my tritype, not sure if it counts but whatever. I think you're cool and I want to reply to this xD

I can definitely see my 3w4 coming out when I'm in class. I have my mind on the task itself and I'm constantly thinking how I should get to it as efficiently as possible and how to keep it by the deadline (journalism is really deadline oriented, once you're out of the deadline you're screwed). In this period I get really goal-oriented and it's not so much about the acting (you only do that while you're presenting anyway, it's not that hard to keep a tactful front), it's about what I get in the end. We're graded daily and I tell myself to get an A grade for the day, and the rest, well it's part of getting an A grade. Most of it's graded on presentation, daily write ups and class engagement. I make sure I excel in all 3 areas. Even if I made a shitty presentation I make sure my write ups blow the facilitator away. It's all about the goals.

During this time, I admit, I am not aware that I've steamrollered people in pursuit of getting to the goal. I only came to be aware of this when my team member tells me "that it is stressful working with me" and that "I am intimidating" and people want to keep the peace, ya know?

The Helen Palmer tapes describe 3s as goal-oriented and efficient. I certainly see that in myself but the main question is WHY. Why is it that you are like this and that, why.

I think you are definately a 3 and not an 8.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think he should be scared. Not about being a 3 though.

Muahahahaaaa :devil: :newwink:

sexy-whip.jpg

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I might be a 3w4, the trouble is...I friggin hate 3s! they're emotionally weak, insecure, fake, dependent on others and shallow. so do any of you guys know any cool 3w4s that would make me feel any better in the event that I am indeed a 3w4 sp/sx?

Michael Jeffrey Jordan. ESTP 3w4 sp/sx. If you were 10 years older, you'd have thought him the coolest person on the planet growing up. Unfortunately, he also exemplifies the dark side of that type - being a dick.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Michael Jeffrey Jordan. ESTP 3w4 sp/sx. If you were 10 years older, you'd have thought him the coolest person on the planet growing up. Unfortunately, he also exemplifies the dark side of that type - being a dick.

don't EVER presume to tell me what my opinion would/would not have been!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol, OMT didn't mean it badly, but OMT...after all your enfp experience you should know better by now than to tell an Fi-user how they should/would feel :laugh:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
for the record, I actually find sports incredibly idiotic. they're tribal and childish and people act like monkeys around a watering whole when they're watching

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
for the record, I actually find sports incredibly idiotic. they're tribal and childish and people act like monkeys around a watering whole when they're watching

*hole

(what? you're just begging for it.)

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Still agianst forum regs, that. He's entitled to his opinion, even though he could stand to learn to giftwrap it better.

what did I do? :(

EDIT: OH I see. :rofl1: It looked like I called him an asshole. Nope...just correcting his spelling of "watering hole". ;)

And @elfboy - how is gathering on a forum to socialize any less "tribal" than participating in sports?

redacted

Pretty sure my brother is a 3 (although I can't figure out his wing). He's pretty awesome. 3 isn't "bad", it just has downsides like any other type.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Lol, OMT didn't mean it badly, but OMT...after all your enfp experience you should know better by now than to tell an Fi-user how they should/would feel :laugh:

I don't think y'all quite understand - in 1993, as an American boy, you didn't have a choice of opinion on who the coolest man on the planet was. It was Michael Jordan, and everyone else lined up for second place. Disagreement led to severe beatings. No, I am not exaggerating. Then again, it was His Airness. You had to be there.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

EDIT: OH I see. :rofl1: It looked like I called him an asshole. Nope...just correcting his spelling of "watering hole". ;)

And @elfboy - how is gathering on a forum to socialize any less "tribal" than participating in sports?

:doh: Ok, Imma go and delete my post, since it's irrelevant, and I should leave this shit to the mods anyways (couldn't help myself, it was typed before I knew it :sorry:)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

actually, that's a good question, and I should rephrase, the sports culture as a whole is tribal. people jumping up and down screaming, making noises at the TV, being WAY too emotional/uncomposed and way too touchy feely. it's not that people who play or watch sports are idiots, it's simply that sports culture allows one to be an idiot and thus attracts a lot of idiots being they are accepted and sometimes encouraged to be idiots. it's like how some (key word some) college parties attract dead beats, vandals and whores (to use a more extreme example)
who knows maybe I'm just a snob lol

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think y'all quite understand - in 1993, as an American boy, you didn't have a choice of opinion on who the coolest man on the planet was. It was Michael Jordan, and everyone else lined up for second place. Disagreement led to severe beatings. No, I am not exaggerating. Then again, it was His Airness. You had to be there.

I would have disagreed none the less, I just wouldn't have said anything unless I could whup the other person's ass. don't talk to me about understanding when you're the one who claims to know what other people would/would not think that you've only known on the internet, especially when you end up being wrong. believe it or not, some people actually think for themselves and don't follow the opinions of the rest of the brainwashed, collectivist, politicatlly correct society that is the human race.
Edit: while you're at it, you might as well tell me that I would have been a racist if I were a white person growing up in the Deep South in the early 20th century or would have had an affair with a 10 year old boy if I grew up in ancient Athens

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I would have disagreed none the less, I just wouldn't have said anything unless I could whup the other person's ass. don't talk to me about understanding when you're the one who claims to know what other people would/would not think that you've only known on the internet, especially when you end up being wrong. believe it or not, some people actually think for themselves and don't follow the opinions of the rest of the brainwashed, collectivist, politicatlly correct society that is the human race.

U mad?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I am. hence why I didn't use any emoticons. that would have made me appear less silly or that I was trying to lighten up the situation when I had and have no intention of doing so.
Edit: that makes you the second person on this forum to make me mad (the first was the time I wanted to choke the shit out of Orangey in a certain SJ thread)

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I am. hence why I didn't use any emoticons. that would have made me appear less silly or that I was trying to lighten up the situation when I had and have no intention of doing so.
Edit: that makes you the second person on this forum to make me mad (the first was the time I wanted to choke the shit out of Orangey in a certain SJ thread)

O rly?