• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 5] 5's and being possessive

simbad

Enneagram
4w3
Sometimes I feel really possesive when I like someone. How do other 5's feel?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What kind of possessive are we talking about here? Possessive in the punctuation sense? Possessive in the personal relationships sense?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Possessive with their knowledge they can be.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Where do you think patents come from? lol

Fives that I know of aren't really possessive, so far as I can tell. But it does depend on what you mean by possessive.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Which is most correct: 5s or 5's or fives?

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can be. Maybe it's an sx/sp thang. I'm fairly guarded of my personal space and possesions.

Assailant

MBTI Type
XYZ
Which is most correct: 5s or 5's or fives?
Wouldn't it be 5s' if you were saying all (or most) fives possess something? If you're just stating more than one Five, I think 5s or Fives would make sense. It doesn't matter whether you say Five or 5, as long as you call them by their number and not their creative writing title.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Where do you think patents come from? lol

Fives that I know of aren't really possessive, so far as I can tell. But it does depend on what you mean by possessive.

Not materially possessive. Fives possess ideas and defend them to the death, sometimes beyond all reason. The only reason science manages to progress at all is because the previous generation of type Fives finally died off and allowed the new generation to take the helm.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yup yup, but isn't it the same with every industry?

This is the OP of a thread by the very simbad himself that makes it much more clear, now, since I'm not a 5, I can't respond :nono: I should probably leave you fives to your mushy sentimental group orgy of love :heart:

(lol, Jks)

I could see fives feeling possessive over someone they like.

Minute_Maid

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Makes sense to think that, i know a five and emotionally speaking he is quite possessive

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
uh... "possessive when I like someone" would indicate possessive of the liked person.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I suppose I should respond to this, as representative of the type 5.

Nope, not me! Perhaps the difference has something to do with my 4-wing.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Makes sense to think that, i know a five and emotionally speaking he is quite possessive

Emotionally? As if there are "mommy" issues? Sometimes you really have to see beyond type. A borderline personality disorder is not type distinctive.

simbad

Enneagram
4w3
5 and possessive

[youtube=udRTTV0ii0A]*[/youtube]

You have not quite answered my question. Are fives generally possessive. According to Helen Palmer there can become very possessive of their partner. What is your opinion. I have notices that your threads respectively commetns to other themes are quite interesting and worth thinking about.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
5s need help, constantly. I've known a few 5s that are aalllways asking me or their friends for favors. Pretty soon I'm doing 15 different things for them before I stop and ask myself wtf is going on.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
5s need help, constantly. I've known a few 5s that are aalllways asking me or their friends for favors. Pretty soon I'm doing 15 different things for them before I stop and ask myself wtf is going on.
I wouldn't think so. The MBTI types that tend to be most common within the enneagram type 5 would be the INTJ,INTP,ISTJ and INFP types and with such I'd suppose it is more unlikely, regarding the archetypal traits of the given types that they would constantly be dependant upon others for things. I myself am a 5 who tends to dislike the whole idea of asking for help when I have the ability to do such myself.