• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] David Letterman introduces for you the differents variants of Type 6

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok let's see, David Letterman is himself a 6w5 Sp/So.;)

6w5 Sp/So and 6w5 Sp/So: Bob Dole and David Letterman

[youtube=RnkRU19zGsg]Bob Dole 6w5 Sp/So[/youtube]

6w5 Sp/So and 6w7 Sp/So: David Letterman and Al Franken

[youtube=M4xrzkefV3M]Al Franken 6w7 Sp/So[/youtube]

6w5 Sp/So and 6w5 So/Sp: David Letterman and Stephen Colbert

[youtube=FtHmcZhlE38]Stephen Colbert 6w5 So/Sp[/youtube]

6w7 So/Sp and 6w5 Sp/So: Jay Leno and David Letterman

[youtube=jqjb_AjbK7U]Jay Leno 6w7 So/Sp[/youtube]

6w5 Sp/So and 6w5 Sp/Sx: David Letterman and Kristen Stewart

[youtube=HJH8qT8dUQw]Kristen Stewart 6w5 Sp/Sx[/youtube]

6w7 Sp/Sx and 6w5 Sp/So: Calista Flockart and David Letterman

[youtube=94xtJryqgEY]Calista Flockart 6w7 Sp/Sx[/youtube]

6w5 Sp/So and 6w5 Sx/Sp: David Letterman and Michelle Pfeiffer

[youtube=qGnbeDx1RIM]Michelle Pfeiffer 6w5 Sx/Sp[/youtube]

6w7 Sx/Sp and 6w5 Sp/So: Emma Stone and David Letterman

[youtube=sT9P1PgtFEs]Emma Stone 6w7 Sx/Sp[/youtube]

6w5 Sp/So and 6w5 Sx/Sp: David Letterman and Bruce Springsteen

[youtube=UDowjavKNUo]Bruce Springsteen 6w5 Sx/Sp[/youtube]

6w7 Sx/Sp and 6w5 Sp/So: Ozzy Osbourne and David Letterman

[youtube=9I3aAlIGSC8]Ozzy Osbourne 6w7 Sx/Sp[/youtube]

6w5 Sp/So and 6w5 So/Sx: David Letterman and Diane Keaton

[youtube=D-JGD7Iom7A]Diane Keaton 6w5 So/Sx[/youtube]

6w5 Sx/So and 6w5 Sp/So: Dennis Hopper and David Letterman

[youtube=K2vekCHKHWE]Dennis Hopper 6w5 Sx/So[/youtube]

6w5 Sp/So and 6w5 So/Sx: David Letterman and Ellen Page

[youtube=lwTMfcSeiJo]Ellen Page 6w5 So/Sx[/youtube]

6w7 So/Sx and 6w5 Sp/So: Brittany Murphy and David Letterman

[youtube=jlbwEhvEGI0]Brittany Murphy 6w7 So/Sx[/youtube]

6w5 Sx/So and 6w5 Sp/So: Sandra Bernhard and David Letterman

[youtube=wtC4hhd4ZoI]Sandra Barnhard 6w5 Sx/So[/youtube]

6w7 Sx/So and 6w5 Sp/So: Milla Jovovich and David Letterman

[youtube=HvidnWq-GHo]Milla Jovovich 6w7 Sx/So[/youtube]

Bonus: 6w7 Sx/So performing on a show presented by a 6w5 Sp/So

[youtube=IlRF43-xaYc]Amy Winehouse 6w7 Sx/So[/youtube]

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
haha yay this is great!! :static:

kristin stewart is actually pretty likeable. lol. she's kind of cutely self-deprecating. "i have a... uh... bit of an authority issue..."

amy winehouse is a riot. her reputation is awful but oooh can she sing.

sandra bernhardt's entrance might be the best though... :laugh:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
David Letterman rocks, he is the man. I think he's really a good talk show host, I really like him. He's quite old now but I not pressed that he retires. Luckily it won't probably be before at least one decade.

I love when Sandra Bernhard enter and smack him. Ha ha, poor David.:laugh:

What I've noticed about Sx-last 6 is that they all wear a cravat!:laugh:

What can be Sandra Bernhard's type? ISTP? ESTP?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think
Letterman - sp/sx e19 entj (though you're the 6 expert)
Franken - so/sp e54 intj
Pfeiffer - sx/sp e65 intp?
Wouldn't Bruce be e67 or 76?
Hopper - sx/sp e19 istj
Page - agree

Shit goes on, yikes.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pointless post.

Any other comments, folks?

B

brainheart

This got me re-thinking my type, durn it.

So thanks, but no thanks.

Average 6s place safety and trust above all else, making them among the most loyal of the Enneagram personalities. Of course, each type's greatest strength is also their greatest weakness, and the 6s capacity for loyalty can be devastating if they put their faith into something malicious or unreliable. A 6 that has been "burned" by someone they trusted can become permanently wary of others, or of their own judgment. They may react strongly to this betrayal, either retreating into fear or lashing out. 6s often seek safety in groups of like-minded, trustworthy people, and among them they can be fun-loving, playful, and very good company. But outside of such a protective environment, 6s feel less secure and more exposed, and more beholden to their fears.

The average 6 is a somewhat difficult type for many other types to understand. The 6's thoughts can range widely, often in strongly self-contradictory ways, which can lead to problems with indecision and doubt. They simultaneously like people and fear the power others have over them. They value trust, but are afraid of putting their trust into someone that will hurt them. They would like a strong authority to make them feel safe, but often question the competence of these same authorities. 6s often develop good "bull-shit detectors" because of their lifelong habit of reading between the lines of what people say. Because 6s are both analytical and people-oriented, they may have very good insights into the motivations of others. Despite their mental acuity, 6 are fearful about taking action on their own, and work better in teams where a common goal and safety in numbers makes the 6 feel protected. Although 6s do not usually consider themselves natural leaders, they can in fact be brilliant leaders when faced with an external threat or enemy (even if the "enemy" is just a looming deadline).

6s are extremely loyal to those they trust, and may fight for them more strongly than they would for themselves. Like the 2, who also orients their lives toward others, 6s can be unusually self-sacrificing, perhaps even more so because they are unlikely to have the 2's confusion between helpfulness and self-aggrandizement.

I, like Kristen Stewart, very much have an authority issue. Being told what to do instantly flips on my punk rock switch.
People like to compare me to Ellen Page.
(And I wrote a novel where my protagonist thinks she's a modern Joan of Arc.)
Hmm.

Def not 6w7, though. no way.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ could you be 5w6, brainheart? if there is no 6w7 in you.

B

brainheart

I don't know. I swore I'd stay away from enneagram and them I figured I'd ' just check' what the posts were for the day. Several hours later I'm totally muddled. The enneagram seriously brings out all my worst qualities- over thinking, self-doubt, anxiety, self-absorption, over-analyzing, over-researching. It's embarrassing. I feel like the most self-unaware, clueless person right now.

I say no way to 6w7 cause they seem externally more anxious. I trend to hold it in, withdraw.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't know. I swore I'd stay away from enneagram and them I figured I'd ' just check' what the posts were for the day. Several hours later I'm totally muddled. The enneagram seriously brings out all my worst qualities- over thinking, self-doubt, anxiety, self-absorption, over-analyzing, over-researching. It's embarrassing. I feel like the most self-unaware, clueless person right now.

I say no way to 6w7 cause they seem externally more anxious. I trend to hold it in, withdraw.

:hug: i understand what you mean with the top part. i went through weeks of that.

as to externally anxious - i'm actually not that externally anxious, myself. one time i was TERRIFIED before a pretty big music performance and i told my dad, and he laughed - "really? you look so calm!" right. haha. i can put on a good cover. when i don't talk, lol. or when i distract myself with something fun. the anxiety comes out in little ways... sometimes i start talking quickly and i trip over my words, especially with someone like a new boss. or on the opposite end of the spectrum, when i'm really comfortable around people, sometimes i stumble too cause my brain runs way faster than my mouth can keep up, lol. i think you could also notice it in how i am responsive. i adapt quickly to the other's in-the-moment responses to me, adjusting myself to meld better with them. or to counter them, if we are not on good terms. i think milla jovovich shows something similar a bit, actually. she's not particularly fearful-seeming, but you can see how closely she watches dave. calista - i just watched her, cause she would be your stacking - she doesn't seem super anxious to me either. she seems kinda calm. but she "quickens" sometimes.

not to persuade you in any direction though - i know how hard it is. :yes:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Several other examples:

6w5 Sp/So: Pope Benedict XVI
[youtube=TyaUNK0cgx4]Pope Benedict XVI 6w5 Sp/So[/youtube]

6w7 Sp/So: Rush Limbaugh
[youtube=6DTWN9qOw-A]Rush Limbaugh 6w7 Sp/So[/youtube]

6w5 So/Sp: Malcolm X
[youtube=ENHP89mLWOY]Malcolm X 6w5 So/Sp[/youtube]

6w7 So/Sp: Tina Fey
[youtube=IDaWkAL-1lM]Tina Fey 6w7 So/Sp[/youtube]

6w5 Sp/Sx: Dave Chappelle
[youtube=MFiJI0PvG1Q]Dave Chappelle 6w5 Sp/Sx[/youtube]

6w7 Sp/Sx: Kanye West
[youtube=JNMxHfmXKVU]Kanye West 6w7 Sp/Sx[/youtube]

6w5 Sx/Sp: Naomi Campbell
[youtube=f-DFKEQmAKg]Naomi Campbell 6w5 Sx/Sp[/youtube]

6w7 Sx/Sp: Angelina Jolie
[youtube=JKHQ8VMU7lw]6w7 Sx/Sp[/youtube]

6w5 So/Sx: Mercedes Lander
[youtube=MELKwYgm_OM]Merced Lander 6w5 So/Sx[/youtube]

6w7 So/Sx: Nina Hagen
[youtube=g4QXi3APfoI]Nina Hagen 6w7 So/Sx[/youtube]

6w5 Sx/So: Charles Bukowski

6w7 Sx/So: Axl Rose
[youtube=V593MMT-DLY]AxL Rose 6w7 Sx/So[/youtube]

B

brainheart

:hug: i understand what you mean with the top part. i went through weeks of that.

as to externally anxious - i'm actually not that externally anxious, myself. one time i was TERRIFIED before a pretty big music performance and i told my dad, and he laughed - "really? you look so calm!" right. haha. i can put on a good cover. when i don't talk, lol. or when i distract myself with something fun. the anxiety comes out in little ways... sometimes i start talking quickly and i trip over my words, especially with someone like a new boss. or on the opposite end of the spectrum, when i'm really comfortable around people, sometimes i stumble too cause my brain runs way faster than my mouth can keep up, lol. i think you could also notice it in how i am responsive. i adapt quickly to the other's in-the-moment responses to me, adjusting myself to meld better with them. or to counter them, if we are not on good terms. i think milla jovovich shows something similar a bit, actually. she's not particularly fearful-seeming, but you can see how closely she watches dave. calista - i just watched her, cause she would be your stacking - she doesn't seem super anxious to me either. she seems kinda calm. but she "quickens" sometimes.
Juju
not to persuade you in any direction though - i know how hard it is. :yes:

Thanks for the response. To be candid, I'm having mental health issues and pms right now which I think alters things. My husband says I'm acting very different than usual.
I'm usually depressed, not anxious. I think when a five goes toward seven the mental energy can seem kind of six-ish, because you have the withdrawn mental focus of the five coupled with a draw to external information.

Anyway, thanks again. I'm going outside and getting away from the computer now. :)