• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 3] You know you're a 3 when (I'm not a 3 btw)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you know you're a sx/sp 3 when:
- it is very important to you that you impress yourself
- when you go out, you do your hair, plan out your clothes in advance and make sure you look fresh and sexy
- the idea of casual dress is intriguing to you. you want to look fresh, sexy and sophisticated
- you are ambitious, but you are also easily overwhelmed and like to work at a slower pace
- the idea of getting old scares the shit out of you
- you're not fake, but you have distinctive sides of your personality that you let out in various situations
- you may be secure with yourself and your body, but looking better would be nice too
- the idea of leaving the house with your hair messy is scary to you

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
...when good just isn't good enough! :bananallama:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you know you're a 3 when
- you try to look more humble and under confident, but you are really just using reverse psychology to get more attention (and it works hehehe)
- you try to look feminine and meek because you want to have a more pleasing image, when in reality you are masculine and assertive

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
When you come up with innovative ideas that become implemented and get upset because you didnt get any credit for it. :shock:

When you are secretly competing with someone in your head at school or work, because it motivates you to do better! :D

When you feel like a total loser for not having a job... :doh:

Last edited:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you know you're an Sx 3 when you relate strongly to Lando from Star Wars :cool:

xisnotx

Permabanned
I can relate to a lot of this. I remember watching the movie se7en and thinking the antagonist "wasn't wrong". Also, knowing how people perceive you and taking advantage is something I do frequently. I know if I dress like a bum, I'll be perceived as a bum..and in certain situations it makes sense to be seen as a bum...and I'm not above playing the "bum role" if at the end of the day it benefits me to do so.

you try to look more humble and under confident, but you are really just using reverse psychology to get more attention (and it works hehehe)
I do this so frequently that I get irritated when people don't catch on.

Lets see..
-You secretly envy rappers because they are just playing a stereotype and getting paid to do so. You get annoyed when America thinks rappers are really gangsters...when all they're doing is talking...and getting money.
-The fact that you will "be somebody" was never even a question in your mind.
-The mentality of "get rich, or die trying" is just common sense. rich =/= money.
-You laugh at people for thinking you are an idiot..even if they aren't wrong.
-You are extremely aware of "in group" and "out group" dynamics...and frequently get into "in groups" you really have no business being a part of.
-You have conversations in your head with archetypal in-group members in order to "practice" for the real thing.
-You are usually laughing at them, not with them...but they don't know that.
-You look around suspiciously to see who else is doing what you are doing..and make mental notes to not mess around with those people because it can easily get out of hand. You know this from experience.
-You picked on the bullies in school..not because you were a bully, but because you knew bullies could and would protect you if you really needed it.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can relate to a lot of this. I remember watching the movie se7en and thinking the antagonist "wasn't wrong". Also, knowing how people perceive you and taking advantage is something I do frequently. I know if I dress like a bum, I'll be perceived as a bum..and in certain situations it makes sense to be seen as a bum...and I'm not above playing the "bum role" if at the end of the day it benefits me to do so.

I do this so frequently that I get irritated when people don't catch on.

Lets see..
-You secretly envy rappers because they are just playing a stereotype and getting paid to do so. You get annoyed when America thinks rappers are really gangsters...when all they're doing is talking...and getting money.
-The fact that you will "be somebody" was never even a question in your mind.
-The mentality of "get rich, or die trying" is just common sense. rich =/= money.
-You laugh at people for thinking you are an idiot..even if they aren't wrong.
-You are extremely aware of "in group" and "out group" dynamics...and frequently get into "in groups" you really have no business being a part of.
-You have conversations in your head with archetypal in-group members in order to "practice" for the real thing.
-You are usually laughing at them, not with them...but they don't know that.
-You look around suspiciously to see who else is doing what you are doing..and make mental notes to not mess around with those people because it can easily get out of hand. You know this from experience.
-You picked on the bullies in school..not because you were a bully, but because you knew bullies could and would protect you if you really needed it.

bold: that's So instinct, not 3.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^hmm..i'll look into it...

other than that, you definitely sound like a 3 and seemingly a very healthy 3. your willingness to admit to blatant faults (a few of your points, not all of them) is something that a lot of 3s struggle with

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
In group interviews you get irritated when the others don't come up with original ideas and answers like you do...