• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] Having doubts about my enneatype again =(

Elfboy revisted

• 8w9

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • 9w8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2w3

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 2w1

• 4w3

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • 3w2

• 3w4

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah Sky, you summarized it pretty well.

Also, Palmer's descriptions are excellent:

"The Perfectionist"

Enneagram Type 1s, Perfectionists, have a grounded, bodily presence. They are perfectionistic and controlled. The superego, or the values learned and internalized throughout life, runs the show. This type has a strong need to do the right thing without compromise. They have high moral standards and principles, and are hard workers.

There can be an undercurrent of frustration and resentment, and Ones can be highly critical of themselves and others. Usually Ones don’t realize the extent of their anger and resentment, although others are usually aware of it. Ones tend to hide their anger behind “shoulds": “You should do that because it’s right,” “You shouldn’t do that because it’s wrong.”

"The Skeptic"

Enneagram type 6s are the troubleshooters of the enneagram. As members of the thinking triad, they are the most out of touch with the quiet, higher thinking center and their own inner guidance. Their minds spin out of control, on future possibilities, usually imagining the worst. As a result, they are anxious and wary of their surroundings. Physically, there can be a palpable anxiety to them, and many have a wide-eyed, surprised look.

Based on this, you don't seem like a 6, but 1 makes sense.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Y

"The Skeptic"

Enneagram type 6s are the troubleshooters of the enneagram. As members of the thinking triad, they are the most out of touch with the quiet, higher thinking center and their own inner guidance. Their minds spin out of control, on future possibilities, usually imagining the worst. As a result, they are anxious and wary of their surroundings. Physically, there can be a palpable anxiety to them, and many have a wide-eyed, surprised look.

Type 8 makes more sense than that. But Palmer pays no attention to levels. That sounds like an average to unhealthy 6 description.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Let's try a different approach, Elfboy: over the past few years, what kind of personal demons did you have to overcome, pervasive habits and cycles that you have to make an effort to curb?

mostly laziness and disorganization. I've also struggled with trying to "tone myself down" because people get the wrong impression that I'm argumentative

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah Sky, you summarized it pretty well.

Also, Palmer's descriptions are excellent:

"The Perfectionist"

Enneagram Type 1s, Perfectionists, have a grounded, bodily presence. They are perfectionistic and controlled. The superego, or the values learned and internalized throughout life, runs the show. This type has a strong need to do the right thing without compromise. They have high moral standards and principles, and are hard workers.

There can be an undercurrent of frustration and resentment, and Ones can be highly critical of themselves and others. Usually Ones don’t realize the extent of their anger and resentment, although others are usually aware of it. Ones tend to hide their anger behind “shoulds": “You should do that because it’s right,” “You shouldn’t do that because it’s wrong.”

"The Skeptic"

I relate to about 1/4 of what Skylights said and about 1/4 of your description of the 6s energy and about 3/4t to the 1s energy you described. overall my energy is kinda like this guy, except I'm more calm and detached than him most of the time:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
a good comparison of my energy when healthy and unhealthy is Esmerelda and Frollo from the hunchback of notre dame. when I'm unhealthy I become hypocritical, cynical, formal, self righteous, and condemning. when I'm healthy I get more spunky/gutsy, less conservative, more loose, more protective and more caring. during both times I have a sort of charisma, but it very different depending on how healthy I am. the thing that confuses me is it sounds like I go from an unhealthy 1 to a healthy 8 and I can match the "energy" if you will of most of the times
PS: skip to 6:30

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
a good comparison of my energy when healthy and unhealthy is Esmerelda and Frollo from the hunchback of notre dame. when I'm unhealthy I become hypocritical, cynical, formal, self righteous, and condemning. when I'm healthy I get more spunky/gutsy, less conservative, more loose, more protective and more caring. during both times I have a sort of charisma, but it very different depending on how healthy I am. the thing that confuses me is it sounds like I go from an unhealthy 1 to a healthy 8 and I can match the "energy" if you will of most of the times

The unhealthy description sounds like Type 1... If you become spunkier and looser when healthy, you might be integrating to 7. I don't know abou any 1s who struggle with disorganization, though...

I do wonder if you could be an 1w2 - you becoming more caring and protective could be a sign of healthy wing usage (I have a pet theory about wings "dulling the edge" of the main type's compulsion, but that's a story for another time). :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The unhealthy description sounds like Type 1... If you become spunkier and looser when healthy, you might be integrating to 7. I don't know abou any 1s who struggle with disorganization, though...

I do wonder if you could be an 1w2 - you becoming more caring and protective could be a sign of healthy wing usage (I have a pet theory about wings "dulling the edge" of the main type's compulsion, but that's a story for another time). :)

I'm too chill to be 1w2. 1w2s are neurotic bitches lol

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
if you're right, me being a 6 is just about impossible. if mal is right, it's still a possibility

There are all kinds of reasons for appearing as a type 1, 3, 6, or 8. Simply having J as a strong function, with Te, can cause you to appear as a 1 because those traits do exist in you as you've described. A type 6 with a strong J can also appear as a 1. Resonance theory exists because of similarities that appear in points that lie across the circle from one another. And as Riso says, each of us has some traits from all the points on the Enneagram to an extent.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Who is the top Enneagrammist today? Who is the world leader in Enneagram theory hands down, and why?

*sighs reluctantly, looking down at the floor.*

you are.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I relate to about 1/4 of what Skylights said and about 1/4 of your description of the 6s energy and about 3/4t to the 1s energy you described. overall my energy is kinda like this guy, except I'm more calm and detached than him most of the time:

In response to that cartoon, here is a video of the ENTJ motivational posters.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In response to that cartoon, here is a video of the ENTJ motivational posters.

Lelouch isn't an ENTJ, he's an INTJ who happens to have VERY strong Fi.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lelouch isn't an ENTJ, he's an INTJ who happens to have VERY strong Fi.

It's not about the characters in the posters per se, after all, some of them appear in other motivational posters videos as well.

Edit - Is Lelouch the baddy from your video? I still consider you to have more an ENTJ approach, that's the reason for the video. I don't know who Lelouch is.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I was that guy I wouldn't be on this forum.

You're a 7w6, by the way, not 7w8.

I've considered that possibility recently. Though, alas, I'm definitely 7w8, no matter which way I try to cut it. You've just been lucky enough not to have to hang around me that much. :D

Maybe you can be the master of enneatype for the forum? I'll follow you, if you need a follower. I can be your sidekick. Say, "yeah!" every time you have an insight.

(Edit: Some real life folks would probably even try to call me an 8 if they knew the enneatypes, I'm glad to see that side must be dampered online.)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've considered that possibility recently. Though, alas, I'm definitely 7w8, no matter which way I try to cut it. You've just been lucky enough not to have to hang around me that much. :D

Ohhh, like Phyllis Diller. Hi Phyllis!

Maybe you can be the master of enneatype for the forum? I'll follow you, if you need a follower. I can be your sidekick. Say, "yeah!" every time you have an insight.

Maybe if I really thought you had the IQ of Patrick on "Spongebob," but you would make a much better Robin to my Batman.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ohhh, like Phyllis Diller. Hi Phyllis!

Maybe if I really thought you had the IQ of Patrick on "Spongebob," but you would make a much better Robin to my Batman.

Given my enneagram knowledge, I could be like Patrick. Was thinking of buying the book though. I saw it for like 2 dollars at Savers.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've often dreamed of being Batman (except for the gross "ketchup" effect at the very end):