• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] Having doubts about my enneatype again =(

Elfboy revisted

• 8w9

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • 9w8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2w3

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 2w1

• 4w3

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • 3w2

• 3w4

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This can't be stressed enough, but the differences between those types are staggering - you just don't seem to see the forest for the trees.

I think you need to stop trawling descriptions for surface characteristics (which are far more malleable than some seem to think) and start examining your own subconscious motives. Consider your natural response to situations, try to examine every little decision you make, even the ones you tend to make without realising it. A pattern will eventually emerge, hopefully along the lines of one of these:

1. Being deadly critical of oneself and others for not living up to lofty standards.
2. Creating an image of selflessness and giving.
3. Creating an image of confidence and achievement.
4. Creating an image of imperfection, frailty and uniqueness. Being deeply absorbed in emotion.
5. Hiding away from the world, watching and hoarding instead of participating.
6. Wearing your anxiety on your sleeve, seeking security but doubting everything.
7. Being optimistic and always looking on the bright side of life, constantly scanning for new opportunities to "escape" and keep things exciting.
8. Having an excessive lust for life, being strong and attacking challenges head-first.
9. Being agreeable and accommodating, under emphasising your own intentions for the sake of others.

Also remember, we aren't absolutely ruled by these patterns - we can break them any time we want. We're just not always aware of being in their grip. You need to identify those times you're caught up in a familiar pattern and try to uncover the underlying, unspoken motivations that cause it.

8 sounds like me with the exception of the challenges part. I like to take the easy way if I can get the same results

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
8 sounds like me with the exception of the challenges part. I like to take the easy way if I can get the same results

I think the "challenger" archetype is more of an 8w7 thing. 8w9s are more "solid", though they won't hesitate to butt heads if someone's trying to control them.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:doh: narrowed it down to 8 or 7w8 ( I know which one I'd like to be, but not which one I really am)

- hedonistic
- enjoy variety
- attracted to glamour
- strong appreciation for beauty
- constantly dreaming for perfect livestyle
- easily distracted/trouble focusing
- disgusted by most people's lack of fashion
- frequently laughing to myself about something
- discomfort and poor quality are of unacceptable to me
- vain

NOT 7
- not sanguine
- introspective
- opposed to charming my way out of situations
- not nervous
- lower energy level overall

- freedom is the most important thing in the world to me
- hate being told what to do/extreme contempt for authority
- overall attitude of "I'm here, deal with me bitches!"
- direct in dealing with conflict
- judge people based on their psychological strength
- can be a bitch when people aren't willing to communicate with me
- rhett butler is basically (a cooler version of) me as a 40 year old
- spent my childhood frustrated that I wasn't stronger
- when I saw a smaller kid getting picked on, I would get so angry with myself for not being able to kick the bigger kids ass, similarly
- soft 2-ish spot for cute things
- good leader (I think so at least)
- people in real life constantly compare me to Samuel L Jackson or your stereotypical black preacher
- extremely protective, always felt like it was my job to punish crooks
- withdrawn, cold and calculating if being assertive and direct doesn't work
- merciless
- willing to go much further to get what I want than most people

NOT 8
- not competitive (seriously, who friggin cares if you loose an arm wrestling match)
- trouble focusing
- shy and introverted up until around 14 or so
- introspective (apparently neither 8s nor 7s are said to be highly introspective)
- don't mind conflict, but I don't thrive on it either
- strive for equal footing as opposed to superiority
- if someone wanted to fight me...I would run
- low pain tolerance (a self preservation thing perhaps?)

both 7 and 8
- assertive
- love to be outrageous and controversial
- big personality
- overconfident at times
- apathetic to other's opinion of me

KDude

Some Se-Ni type (not necessarily SP), and probably a 3. You seem to be shedding off a lot of baggage or something.. or just finding yourself. You could be too young to type (I don't mean anything bad about that btw).

VagrantFarce

Stop with the endless lists of character traits, they aren't helping.

Like I said before, look at what motives the types, and then examine your own behaviour for a similar pattern. Who gives a shit if you "hate people's lack of fashion", that can have all sorts of motivations.

• Eights want to be strong - they're assertive, bull-headed and act from their gut.
  • Sevens want to be happy - they have over-active minds and optimistic expectations, and they jump at every new opportunity.

Which of these tips the balance?

[youtube=Zd3uHWbg4Cs]7w8[/youtube]
[youtube=8XRvOSfHTqg]8w7[/youtube]

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here are a few examples of 7s that you can relate on:

Serge Gainsbourg, french histrion who came from a shy and daydreaming child and young man to a provocative superstar (7w6 Sx/Sp):

[youtube=Q4BMmwcE9Mk]Serge Gainsbourg 7w6 Sx/Sp[/youtube]
[youtube=zGaGoJ8wPGM]Serge Gainsbourg 7w6 Sx/Sp[/youtube]

Jim Morrison, introspective and daydreaming rock star with some idealist tendencies:

[youtube=6tsGHkHYiKA]Jim Morrison 7w8 Sx/Sp[/youtube]

Johnny Rotten, came from a catastrophic and lonely childhood and a looser to the lead singer of the Sex Pistols:

[youtube=QJm97o-4qYI]Johnny Rotten 7w8 So/Sx[/youtube]

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm reconsidering 1w9. as of now, I think the most likely types are 1w9, 8w9 and 9w8

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I read your post (on the first page, will go through if have time) it seems that you're in a 2 integration stage. From my understanding of enneagram integration doesn't mean that you will have the weaknesses of a 2 if you're an 8, it just means you gravitate toward that kind of behavior while still retaining the characteristic weakness of 8, which is the fear of vulnerability.

What are your defense mechanisms? What is your main emotion?

I think JCF and enneagram type has something to do with your listed behavior. If I'm really Fi-inferior and a type 8 then it would make sense why I hate dealing with kids. Maybe it's the empathy from Fi and the protective nature of type 8 which is what causes you to be such a way as listed in your OP?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm reconsidering 1w9. as of now, I think the most likely types are 1w9, 8w9 and 9w8

1w9 with ENFP? Not. If I were forced to make a choice between those three with ENFP, I would say 9w8. I've noticed that nobody here wants to consider the type 3 as an option, as if it were some kind of "black sheep" of the ennea-types.

I agree that saying "I love children" is not indicative of type, since none of the type descriptions I am aware of say anything about loving/hating children.

But to me, your problem with self-typing points to one of the "triangle" types.

Three's lose themselves in their activities and thus lose touch with themselves, making typing difficult.

Sixes lose their identity in the "tribe," and their changeability between levels makes typing difficult.

Nines lose their identity in another, and their complacency about things such as self-knowledge makes typing difficult.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, I seriously doubt about your MB type first of all. Most of things you says are so IxTx... I think you are INTx.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't really see how he's INT. Actually I don't really see him being any type but I think for enneagram some info on his history would help because it is what nurtures him into becoming <insert type here>.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*secretly thinks you are a 4w3*

*not so secretly anymore*

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't really see how he's INT. Actually I don't really see him being any type but I think for enneagram some info on his history would help because it is what nurtures him into becoming <insert type here>.

well, my childhood started out with me as a fairly enthusiastic, confident little kid who thought he was a prince and always sought out adventure. as a child I was fairly sensitive and felt naturally protective of small animals, younger children and anything cute. I've always had a fascination with action movies and heroic figures and would think "I'm supposed to be like that. why aren't I strong like that?" during early grade school I was very quite and zoned out, spending most of my time daydreaming. at the same time though, I had no problem being assertive and frequently called people out for somehow inconveniencing me. then I moved and got picked on and beat up a lot from about 5th to 6th grade and just sort of withdrew. obviously I was very angry and wanted to kick their ass, but I was confused and didn't know what to do. after that I was very cautious and kinda kept it on the down low because I thought everyone was waiting for a chance to strike until 8th grade where I got my "bounce" back. all of a sudden I became fiery and passionate. being assertive was easy and I felt compelled to say every little thing that popped into my head. for the next 3 years or so I was very angry (though I didn't really realize it) and had an extremely polarizing effect on people. I would frequently get into what I perceived as friendly disagreements that others saw as fights and arguments and I thought to myself "why can't anyone handle me? does anyone else besides me have a friggin personality?!" on a few occasions, the entire class would team up on me and I pretty much went Samuel L. Jackson on their asses. I have a naturally large, dramatic voice so I could easily project even the entire class talked over me and would say things like
"whoa! one at a time!"
"what does that even mean? if you're going to insult me, at least give me some goddamn facts!"
"I hate to be the one to tell you this darling, but you've obviously never been taught how to talk to a man. good grief, did you even have a father?"
"you seem to be under the impression that this is an option. I'm not asking for your respect, I demand your respect and I will get it" (this would usually be to a teacher)
"how am I being too assertive? being assertive is taking both parties best interests into account and working towards win/win for everyone. the question you should be asking is why YOU aren't more assertive"
"good grief who raised you? I treat my 2 year old cousin with more respect than that"
"let's not resort to ad hominem shall we? If you have some actual information, I'm all ears, but I don't appreciate your "

the funny thing was, I wasn't even angry any of these times. I know I'm gut center because it wasn't really emotion, but just this sort of raw, visceral energy that I could use to project a lot of intensity while being perfectly calm on the inside. it was almost like a river with a strong current starting in my gut and just flowing out of my mouth. my friends frequently compared me to Ludacris and Chamillionaire (even though I'm Caucasian). my best friend was (still is) an INTJ 8w7 and we would do what looked to most people like arguing for hours. to us though, it was just friendly discussion. if we disagreed on something, we would just keep exchanging information for hours until the other person understood and then go on about whatever else we wanted to talk about (it was nice to have someone to talk to who didn't take everything so friggin personally).
at home, I was basically a recluse. I just went up to my room and thought about what my beliefs should be, what I should do with my life and drank tea while listening to music. for the most part I found people to be unnecessary energy expenditures so I just stayed in my room and pampered myself
after I took debate junior year it got even better because debate basically taught me how to ENTJ bitch slap people verbally. usually I didn't use this, but I was particularly vicious if I was teamed up on or someone was picking on a weaker kid (or worst of all, teaming up on a weaker kid). basically, you either thought I was crazy and awesome or you hated me, and it was usually the latter. by senior year I sorta mellowed out though and became calmer and more affectionate. most people who got to know me personally were like "you're so nice, I thought you were a total douche bag for the longest time. I didn't know you had such a feminine side" this made me feel simultaneous good and slightly uncomfortable, like a tickle in the stomach.
in college, I pretty much dress and try to conduct myself like a business man, and have a sort of ENTJ/INTJ-ish persona (because I've found people respect you more if you use a lot of Te)
anyway, that's basically my life in 5 minutes

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, you're not a nine, and you're not a 1. You're not a 4, or a 5. You're not a 2 or a 3. 8 sounds like it fits, but somethings out of place. 6 is kind of possible. What you should do, is go with 8. Go with it for as long as you can, don't worry too much about whether you're right or wrong, and just make sure you understand each type and get a good feel for them all, making sure that you can identify other people's types and see their traits and how they differ from you. It will then hit you from out of nowhere which type you are. From then on, it doesn't matter what type you were, type doesn't even matter, but you will understand yourself better, and that's more likely important than finding your type.