• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] Having doubts about my enneatype again =(

Elfboy revisted

• 8w9

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • 9w8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2w3

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 2w1

• 4w3

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • 3w2

• 3w4

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That was one minute and ten seconds I will never get back.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You could say that every time you read one of my longer comments.

Well, I wouldn't say that unless I wanted the time back. I don't mind your wall 'o text intellectual masturbation sessions, or whatever they were.

B

brainheart

struggling to see one's enneatype is often a sign that they're healthy. when you're unhealthy, your negative traits become extremely obvious. when you're healthy, your ego is kept more in check and harder to recognize. for the record, my major habitual problem is the same, lack of inertia and requiring lots of energy to do any kind of work. unlike you though, my problem is not fear driven. as for the instinct variant, I have no idea how you could think so/sp

You might have a point. I've changed a lot, in many ways it's been a progression. But some things haven't exactly been healthy or productive. Therein lies the confusion.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You might have a point. I've changed a lot, in many ways it's been a progression. But some things haven't exactly been healthy or productive. Therein lies the confusion.

I feel like having a little more ego would actually push me to do more. I'm playing around with 3 for now because I like to look down on people and think I'm inherently superior. even then, the trouble is I care nothing for reputation, how much people like me or any kind of external accomplishments. I see attempts to prove that you're better than people as inferior and insecure and that boasting one's status is childish.
you could say I have many traits of 3, but in a more introverted way. 3s care about reputation, prestige and success by the standards of others. I care about how I view myself, what I think is classy and what I think is successful (my opinions on all of these are usually tremendously different from society). 3s judge others based on external status symbols. I judge people in a more Fi sort of way. if they have integrity, self respect and grace, I consider them high class. if they don't, I consider them low class pigs who I'd like to avoid as often as possible. another big thing is clothing. I dress well because I think it's cool, but I don't care at all what others think of it. for instance, tweed coats, top hats, canes and eye glasses are not socially acceptable choices of clothing, but I would definitely wear an outfit with that stuff because it is aesthetically pleasing, beautiful and gives off a vibe that I really relate to.
with 7 I run into a similar sort of confusion. too much high energy, excitement and socializing drains me and sometimes disgusts me, but I run to more introverted sources of stimulation like tea, typeC, movies, music and having lots of time to relax. I don't see how anything other than pleasure is motivating at all, even if this does include more intelligent, sophisticated pleasures. a good word to describe me would be an "intellectual hedonist"
Edit: I'm changing my type again after writing this, my shared traits with 3 are clearly superficial

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel like having a little more ego would actually push me to do more. I'm playing around with 3 for now because I like to look down on people and think I'm inherently superior. even then, the trouble is I care nothing for reputation, how much people like me or any kind of external accomplishments. I see attempts to prove that you're better than people as inferior and insecure and that boasting one's status is childish.
you could say I have many traits of 3, but in a more introverted way. 3s care about reputation, prestige and success by the standards of others. I care about how I view myself, what I think is classy and what I think is successful (my opinions on all of these are usually tremendously different from society). 3s judge others based on external status symbols. I judge people in a more Fi sort of way. if they have integrity, self respect and grace, I consider them high class. if they don't, I consider them low class pigs who I'd like to avoid as often as possible. another big thing is clothing. I dress well because I think it's cool, but I don't care at all what others think of it. for instance, tweed coats, top hats, canes and eye glasses are not socially acceptable choices of clothing, but I would definitely wear an outfit with that stuff because it is aesthetically pleasing, beautiful and gives off a vibe that I really relate to.
with 7 I run into a similar sort of confusion. too much high energy, excitement and socializing drains me and sometimes disgusts me, but I run to more introverted sources of stimulation like tea, typeC, movies, music and having lots of time to relax. I don't see how anything other than pleasure is motivating at all, even if this does include more intelligent, sophisticated pleasures. a good word to describe me would be an "intellectual hedonist"
Edit: I'm changing my type again after writing this, my shared traits with 3 are clearly superficial

God, Elfboy, stop making every enneatype sound like they completely suck. XD

(Edit:) Seriously though, when it comes to enneatypes, I think it's best to just choose one that helps you grow the most. If it's three, than three it is. Seems like they can be changeable depending on the circumstances. It's good that you are open to different possibilities.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

(Edit:) Seriously though, when it comes to enneatypes, I think it's best to just choose one that helps you grow the most. If it's three, than three it is. Seems like they can be changeable depending on the circumstances. It's good that you are open to different possibilities.

what type is naturally picky and judgemental and won't except anything that is below their standards? whichever type that is, it might be me. (I've heard 1s, 3s, 7s and 8s all share this characteristic in different ways)

B

brainheart

I have an infp 3w4 friend and I think she'd agree with a lot of what you said. Sp 3s are supposed to compete with themselves, not others. She is very composed in public, as a teenager she was very cruel to her sister, at home. There's an external polish coupled with a hidden intensity. She is very good at keeping her ' real self' private.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have an infp 3w4 friend and I think she'd agree with a lot of what you said. Sp 3s are supposed to compete with themselves, not others. She is very composed in public, as a teenager she was very cruel to her sister, at home. There's an external polish coupled with a hidden intensity. She is very good at keeping her ' real self' private.

sounds like me except for this last part. other than being closeted, I have no real secrets and don't really hide anything
an INFP 3w4? what an interesting personality combination :D

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the reason I frequently come back to 8w9 is that my main motivation is kinda to make a bunch of money, be able to do whatever I want and then be left the fuck alone

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I agree with that. Thinking I was a 4 was more helpful than anything else I've done, in the short run.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the reason I frequently come back to 8w9 is that my main motivation is kinda to make a bunch of money, be able to do whatever I want and then be left the fuck alone

I can't determine ennea-type from that, just "introvert."

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't determine ennea-type from that, just "introvert."

I know several extroverts who want this, but not nearly as many as introverts

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know several extroverts who want this, but not nearly as many as introverts

I could make better progress using the ANSIR test in your case. It wouldn't tell you anything about any other typology, but there are similarities. For example, the Evokateur is a perfect combination of e-types 4 and 5.

This is why I like having the ANSIR as a third alternative.