• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] You know you're an 8 when...

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I think all Types can be heroic, but maybe not the traditional kinda heroic. It just happens that 8's, when at the peak of growth, exhibits many of the traditional characteristics of someone considered heroic

I'm not saying some or even most of these qualities are exhibited by 8s. Im specifically referring to the "Healthiest 8" descriptions.. who take this traditional sort of hero and play it up to the point where you'd be describing superman if you put it in a comic book.

And most descriptions, I have read, of such, describes a magnanimous and protective individual, not so much a crime fighter in tights, although most such fictional types are probably 8's

Right. I think that these traits are natural for the 8.. They aren't something the 8 struggles with at the highest level. Some unhealthy 8s may have to catch up to this.. but bravery, protective natures, etc. These things are not things 8s seem to struggle with.. our ability to control ourselves, and our environment, is our main concern.. Not these qualities. They're emphasized way too much.

And thinking is rarely a struggle for 8's, they are naturally quite good at it

That's why this Feelers being 8's thing just doesn't add up for me, as Feeling and 8 seem to be at opposite ends of the spectrum

I don't think any type struggles with thinking. But 8s are very instinctive types. Everything is gut feelings, instant reflexes, and intuitive-based information. Taking our struggles with controling things around us and accepting that lack of control and learning to live with it, these are things 8s will struggle with.. And our healthiest will be the ability to accept this. Yes, selflessness is involved in that, and other things that may make up a super-man description. But these are not the MAIN points. Control is the main point. It always has been with 8s, and it always will be.

Apester

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTP
Enneagram
8w7
kyuuei

Right. I think that these traits are natural for the 8.. They aren't something the 8 struggles with at the highest level. Some unhealthy 8s may have to catch up to this.. but bravery, protective natures, etc. These things are not things 8s seem to struggle with.. our ability to control ourselves, and our environment, is our main concern.. Not these qualities. They're emphasized way too much. [/B]

I'm not that much into controlling others, not a big deal for me. Somebody has to be the Captain of the boat(at least in the work place), most times it's a real hassle, easier to be the second mate. The only time it becomes a big deal for me, is when those in control are fuck heads and/or fuck with me. There are times I'll assume control to counter act somebody who is incompetent or weak or fucking with me or mine

I think the root of control is that I, and probably all other 8's, really don't like taking shit from people and I think that has more to do with respect. Respect, giving and receiving, is huge in my world and it seems the same for other 8's I have met

I don't think any type struggles with thinking. But 8s are very instinctive types. Everything is gut feelings, instant reflexes, and intuitive-based information.

I would guess that would depend on the individuals perception filter and judgement functions, that I would assume, has more to do with MBTI Type.

Taking our struggles with controling things around us and accepting that lack of control and learning to live with it, these are things 8s will struggle with..And our healthiest will be the ability to accept this. Yes, selflessness is involved in that, and other things that may make up a super-man description. But these are not the MAIN points.

True, but I think more so with the unhealthy and young 8's, getting past it just requires confidence and the removal of fears associated with the behavior

Control is the main point. It always has been with 8s, and it always will be.

I think it is a point, but not the main point.

I reckon the biggest problem, for most 8's, is depth of connection, allowing one self to immerse in the warmth, trusting, letting down the amour, putting down the weapons, opening up, being vulnerable

This can be very hard and life can be very lonesome and painful for a lot of 8's, especially the sx first, because of this

Last edited:

Norqs

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
You know you're an 8 when your rage has its own gravitational field.

Norqs

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- you HATE other people who tell you what to do

Hate's a strong word. I'm fine to follow a good lead but will not follow a bad one.

- you resent those you are attracted to because they make you feel vulnerable

No, not at all. Attraction for me is so few and far between that I welcome crushes but only if they're reciprocated. If not, no big deal. Latah.

- when you're uncomfortable, you act more formal and create between yourself and your environment so that it can't affect you negatively

Depends. Sometimes I use humour to disspell uncomfortable situations. Most people like to laugh, including myself.

- you're really soft and snuggly on the inside, you just wish people would let you show it

Snuggly? Wouldn't say that but with loved ones, I do show a softer side.

- you tell someone much older "don't use that tone with me!"

Age doesn't matter. If there's an unnecessary tone being used, they can either amend it or they're not going to get cooperation.

- others say you're overly disagreeable and argumentative even when you think you were being friendly

For every action, there's a reaction. If you choose blunt and directive language, be prepared that there will be people who take offense. It's up to you to decide if it's worth the offense or not.

- constantly dream of attaining wealth, power and autonomy

Nope. If I want it bad enough, I set a plan and get it.

- despite what others may think, you are a VERY fervent and affectionate lover to those close to you.

Uncertain how this is applicable to 8's specifically. Might be your variant.

YES this.

Norqs

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think all Types can be heroic, but maybe not the traditional kinda heroic. It just happens that 8's, when at the peak of growth, exhibits many of the traditional characteristics of someone considered heroic

And most descriptions, I have read, of such, describes a magnanimous and protective individual, not so much a crime fighter in tights, although most such fictional types are probably 8's

Other Types, at their peak of ripeness, would also be described in other types of very positive terminology, but heroic, just happens to be the word to best describe the behavior patterns of an 8, at the peak

And thinking is rarely a struggle for 8's, they are naturally quite good at it, it's the feeling part that is a problem

That's why this Feelers being 8's thing just doesn't add up for me, as Feeling and 8 seem to be at opposite ends of the spectrum

Hmmm Feeling and 8 should not be at opposite ends of the spectrum if moving to 2... However allowing others to have control emotionally over them in anyway shape or form can cause and 8 to be guarded with their emotions towards others.

Norqs

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I reckon the biggest problem, for most 8's, is depth of connection, allowing one self to immerse in the warmth, trusting, letting down the amour, putting down the weapons, opening up, being vulnerable

This can be very hard and life can be very lonesome and painful for a lot of 8's, especially the sx first, because of this

YES! I crave connection and truly wish to find people that I can connect with and trust on a deep level.... however I struggle finding those that I can let my guard down with..... which is why it is very lonesome and painful. Also because most? 8s won't put up with shit from people perhaps we would rather just get on with things alone than bother with constantly searching for someone worthy?