• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] You know you're an 8 when...

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You know you're an 8 when you know you're not any of the other types

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You know you're a type 8 when Zang tells you you sound angry and that it is what he assumes you to be.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
a crying small child, younger sibling or friend might also do the trick. my INTJ 8 friend would not care about any of these. if he was particularly in a paranoid mood, he might think the woman was trying to seduce him/use him for economic gain.

Your friend isn't an 8.

*curious*

why a crying woman of all things in the world?

Why a crying woman, of all things? So I have to explain my reasoning. Okay. Because I'm thinking of male 8s in particular who have a weakness for crying women, or crying in general. Maybe this weakness isn't found in female 8s, I don't know.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your friend isn't an 8.

Why a crying woman, of all things? So I have to explain my reasoning. Okay. Because I'm thinking of male 8s in particular who have a weakness for crying women, or crying in general. Maybe this weakness isn't found in female 8s, I don't know.

no, he is definitely an 8 :yes:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And you're an 8, and I'm an 8 with a 5-wing.

things that are 8 about him
- he has a predator instinct
- he's obsessed with becoming stronger
- he thrives on confrontation and challenge (oddly enough, he's not usually very forceful though)
- he loves the feeling of conquering
- his intensity is beyong compare
- he was picked on/ganged up on as a kid, and he kicked everyone's ass even though he was smaller than them
- he talked to his parents like he was the same age as them when he was 4
- he has never submitted to anyone in his entire life including his abusive father
- when he's at work and someone tells him to do something, he has to trick himself into believing that it's the best thing to do so that he doesn't get fired. otherwise he can't do it

Agent Jelly

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
This thread makes 8s sound all icky and I'm an 8w7 :|

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't make me hug you, woman. Now man up! :solidarity:

Agent Jelly

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Well it just makes me want to vomit, ahh. I blame the morning sickness aswell. Its like you guys took all the stereotypes and threw into 1 thread and says THIS MAKES ME AN EIGHT!

As far as flipping someone off because I'm angry that they are right, that's retarded. If someone is right, they are right. I will own up for being wrong and pay them the respect they deserve.

I know I'm an eight because... in the work environment I want to be in a leadership position not because I want to boss around others, but because I want to be in charge of myself. I will ALWAYS stick up for someone who is being mistreated, it doesn't matter if I don't like them. If I think they are being treated wrong, I will stick up for them. I have always been straight to the point with my words. I think people who don't want to get involved are pussies, its not that hard to pick a side. Yes you say you aren't on one. But I'm pretty damn sure everyone has an opinion about most things, they just don't have the balls to say it. I don't like things to be understated or over exaggerated. It is what it is, so say it like it is. I have all the patience in the world for someone who needs help getting on their feet, I however do not have sympathy for people who put themselves in dire situations constantly.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This thread makes 8s sound all icky and I'm an 8w7 :|

Mistyped 3w2.

Edit: I'll explain a bit. Where you say, "in the work environment I want to be in a leadership position not because I want to boss around others, but because I want to be in charge of myself..." that is a type 3 statement. And there are some 2 traits in the rest of your self-description.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ :1377: Au contraire my dear...

I was pointing out that it seems so over the top.. Of course I wouldn't attack anyone openly weaker than I--there isn't much need to.. but if someone weaker than me is in my way, I won't hesitate MORE because they're weaker.. I won't openly be MORE aggressive to someone stronger than I. To me, weaker or stronger, it doesn't make a difference. I want what I want, and I'll stop at nothing to get it.

If it came to hand-to-hand combat, as the statement has a feeling toward, I'd probably subdue someone weaker instead of assaulting them.. but that's nothing out of the ordinary.

8s have a heart--but only because humans tend to.. Without that, I'd be relentless.

You're welcome.

And another link. I prefer this one since it tempers some of that heroic stuff. But it, like most other descriptions is over-the-top for 8's. This part is cool and s'truth:

I think I've complained in an entire thread already about how I think the heroic aspects of the eight just disgust me. Taking away the whole "Most people aren't healthy, they're at the average setting" equation... It almost makes me feel like I have to start wearing a Batman costume and fight crime just to be 'healthy'. This heroic stuff just doesn't really coincide with what I feel is a healthy level for a normal person.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram

I'm not quite sure how to handle emotional people either.. :/

Apester

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTP
Enneagram
8w7
When you give the blank stare at people, they felt like you are going to rape them.
When I stare at my enemies, they always feel like they are in danger.

True dat

I'm a bouncer and can eye fuck a troublemaker into submission from across a room

Makes the job a lot easier

Apester

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTP
Enneagram
8w7
You know you're an 8 when -

You are invincible, nothing can penetrate your protective barrier - except a crying woman.

Why are crying women kryptonite to 8's?

Because inside every 8, is a sensitive little boy/girl, that rarely cried, even to an unhealthy level and seeing others do it, triggers empathy and tempts the 8 to do the same

Which can never be allowed, so it must stop

A

A window to the soul

Because inside every 8, is a sensitive little boy/girl, that rarely cried, even to an unhealthy level and seeing others do it, triggers empathy and tempts the 8 to do the same

Tis true [for me].

Apester

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTP
Enneagram
8w7
I was pointing out that it seems so over the top.. Of course I wouldn't attack anyone openly weaker than I--there isn't much need to.. but if someone weaker than me is in my way, I won't hesitate MORE because they're weaker.. I won't openly be MORE aggressive to someone stronger than I. To me, weaker or stronger, it doesn't make a difference. I want what I want, and I'll stop at nothing to get it.

If it came to hand-to-hand combat, as the statement has a feeling toward, I'd probably subdue someone weaker instead of assaulting them.. but that's nothing out of the ordinary.

8s have a heart--but only because humans tend to.. Without that, I'd be relentless.

I think I've complained in an entire thread already about how I think the heroic aspects of the eight just disgust me. Taking away the whole "Most people aren't healthy, they're at the average setting" equation... It almost makes me feel like I have to start wearing a Batman costume and fight crime just to be 'healthy'. This heroic stuff just doesn't really coincide with what I feel is a healthy level for a normal person.

I would gladly die a heroic and useful death tomorrow

I think potential heroism is innate in all 8's, as they have the combination of traits, that when packaged together at the right place, in the right time can result in extraordinary actions

he·ro·ic
adjective /həˈrōik/ 

Having the characteristics of a hero or heroine; very brave

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I would gladly die a heroic and useful death tomorrow

I think potential heroism is innate in all 8's, as they have the combination of traits, that when packaged together at the right place, in the right time can result in extraordinary actions

he·ro·ic
adjective /həˈrōik/ 

Having the characteristics of a hero or heroine; very brave

Do you think that 8s are more prone to being heroes than, say, 4s or 7s? I can easily see many types going into an almost heroic aspect of things.. albeit the motivations may be different. What I am saying is, is that most people are not heroes in the "Fight crime in tights" sense of justice. And I think the descriptions for the "most healthy" 8 all point to that sort of lifestyle, which shouldn't be the case. Its a bit TOO idealistic.. asking too much.

I'm not saying 8s are incapable of, or are odd for, being almost heroic in nature.. I just don't think this is a trait that is specifically geared towards 8s, and that the descrptions put way too much emphasis on this sort of thing and less emphasis on introspection, logical thinking, and acceptance--things 8s struggle with.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Probably. I don't know if it's true of type 8 women.

Apester

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTP
Enneagram
8w7
kyuuei Do you think that 8s are more prone to being heroes than, say, 4s or 7s? I can easily see many types going into an almost heroic aspect of things.. albeit the motivations may be different. What I am saying is, is that most people are not heroes in the "Fight crime in tights" sense of justice. And I think the descriptions for the "most healthy" 8 all point to that sort of lifestyle, which shouldn't be the case. Its a bit TOO idealistic.. asking too much.

I think all Types can be heroic, but maybe not the traditional kinda heroic. It just happens that 8's, when at the peak of growth, exhibits many of the traditional characteristics of someone considered heroic

And most descriptions, I have read, of such, describes a magnanimous and protective individual, not so much a crime fighter in tights, although most such fictional types are probably 8's

I'm not saying 8s are incapable of, or are odd for, being almost heroic in nature.. I just don't think this is a trait that is specifically geared towards 8s, and that the descrptions put way too much emphasis on this sort of thing and less emphasis on introspection, logical thinking, and acceptance--things 8s struggle with

Other Types, at their peak of ripeness, would also be described in other types of very positive terminology, but heroic, just happens to be the word to best describe the behavior patterns of an 8, at the peak

And thinking is rarely a struggle for 8's, they are naturally quite good at it, it's the feeling part that is a problem

That's why this Feelers being 8's thing just doesn't add up for me, as Feeling and 8 seem to be at opposite ends of the spectrum