• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 3] What are 3s like?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know hardly anything about 3s, what are they like?

B

brainheart

They want to succeed and be admired. Your sp post seems very 3-oriented. What type are you?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They want to succeed and be admired. Your sp post seems very 3-oriented. What type are you?

I'm a 7w8. I have considered 3, but from what I've read, we want a lot of the same things, but for different motivations. 7s are motivated by pleasure, freedom, comfort and adventure. the main difference between myself and what I've read on 3s is that 3s tend to be very reputation conscious, whereas I desire to be completely devoid of a reputation and desire to shock people more than be admired by them. I've heard 3 and 7 have a lot in common though (desire to be glamorous, expensive lifestyle)

B

brainheart

the main difference between myself and what I've read on 3s is that 3s tend to be very reputation conscious, whereas I desire to be completely devoid of a reputation and desire to shock people more than be admired by them. I've heard 3 and 7 have a lot in common though (desire to be glamorous, expensive lifestyle)

No offense meant, Elfboy, but in light of your sp thread, I kind of have a hard time believing this.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No offense meant, Elfboy, but in light of your sp thread, I kind of have a hard time believing this.

no offense taken, but it's true. a reputation is something one constantly has to look out for and be careful not to damage. much too great a hassle to be worth it in my opinion :yes: (caring about other people's impression of you just looks far too stressful to me) I actually had to do quite a bit of research myself to determine I wasn't a 3, since the outside behaviors of 3 and 7 are sometimes so similar

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
however, I'm not completely convinced I'm not a 9. I share some of the positive characteristics of a 3, but not so many (if any) of the negative characteristics. however, I share several of the negative characteristics of the 9; lazy, withdrawn (not a negative trait overall, but it gets in my way sometimes) slow to act. I think connection to 3 comes when a 9 says "okay, I'm relaxed and all is well, now let's actually do something". I feel my connection to 3 (if I am in fact a 9) lacks the motivation of a 3 and is more that of an enlightened 9. I mean, yes, internal harmony does come from within, but it is a mistake for one to assume that harmony is 100% internal. for instance, no matter how "enlightened" one is, he will be happier if he is comfortable than if he is in pain, thus, a higher level of harmony requires a higher standard of living, a higher standard of living requires being more externally focused sometimes and finding a way to get more money.
still, these could also be the words of a balanced 7 (notice the emphasis being on physical pleasure as opposed to reputation/admiration from others), but's it's kind of narrowed down to 7w8, 9w8, 9w1 or 9 with both wings

Erskine L. Cole

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Not at all like they are in the movies and on TV.

Real Threes? They're a bit weatherbeaten.

At least when they get out of that bizarre government shelter called "school" and enter real life. :newwink:

Chloe

3 is the most common type, just look around. Its America!!:D

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
3 is the most common type, just look around. Its America!!:D

I guess that's my point. if I were to just look at america and be like "oh, so that's what 3s are like" I probably would have a very negative opinion of them lol

Chloe

well that are negative 3s tendencies, it's individual what you do from yourself.
it's different to be NF 3 and SJ 3, imo.

but even my ESTJ 3 sister is awakening lately, and is no more superficial, fake etc..... thanks to me, tbh. i was pushing her to look into enneagram
and also cos she had problems in relatioship because 3s "do" everything but relationships arent something you can "do", youj neeed to feel there and be authentic, its hard for 3s. so this is why her relationship fell apart, but she progressed A LOT out of it, something she wouldnt learn in job scenario because 3s rule there
I am in my element if I have somehting to DO that i want to do, buit feeling things is much harder.
Sundays are hard when you have no feeling that you need to do something and you should have fun, then there is this panic because feelings come up and we dont want that.
i remmeber when i quit Med school i was just shocked "fuck, what will i do now? all this time to have fun and nothing to chase and worry about?" - i am much better at chasing career than relaxing.
but... you can learn it...

just like any type :)